The Student Room Group

How often do you charge your smartphone battery?

And is it best to let it die completely before charging, or can you charge it before it completely runs out?

Scroll to see replies

If I use for my phone that day then I have to charge it every day. Quite annoying. I miss the days when I my Nokia 3510i would last well over a week between charges.
Reply 2
Every 2 days best not let it go to 0 keep above 20 and charge then also don't let it go too 100%

Although even charged every day for 2 years it won't need replacing
I'm an iPhone 4s user so mine is plugged in 2-3 times daily most days. The battery life on them is literally appalling.
I don't think I've ever let my battery die yet I usually charge it first! I charge it at least once a day sometimes twice if I use it a bit more if I don't bring my tablet to uni.
Reply 5
Every couple of days, I have the z3 the battery is brilliant. I can be on internet all day while listening to music and the pecentage doesnt go down much.
Reply 6
I charge it before it completely dies to replenish its battery juice :biggrin:.
My Dad always says to let it drain completely before charging it. I noticed when I didn't do that my phone would turn off at like 7% battery instead of
0%. So now I try to let it drain. Usually end up charging it most nights.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I always plug mine in right when I get home.
I've heard it's good to let your phone die once a month or so, not sure if it's true....
My phone usually lasts for two days without charging (iPhone 5S) unless I'm using it a lot that day for whatever reason. I will always plug it in overnight because I prefer giving it a full charge. Whenever I plug it in during the day, and it says it's 100%, it will always drain again faster than it would if it had a full overnight charge. So whenever it dies during the day, it waits until night to be charged. I prefer to let it drain completely, but I have no logical reason why.
iPhone 5s.
Gets charge 3 or 4 times a day.
Facebook drains so much battery!
Nokia Lumia 520 which I charge every night

Yesterday I didn't charge it and it was like 62%. When I woke up this morning it was 6%

I really need to get a new phone :confused:
Daily.
The whole night

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a nexus 5, and i charge it when it warns me to. Usually once or twice a day.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Emily.97
I have a nexus 5, and i charge it when it warns me to. Usually once or twice a day.

Hey how's the battery life of nexus? How's the phone in general ?
was planning to buy that but the battery life of nexus 4 (what I have now) is horrible .

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a S4 and I charge mine through the night. I'm usually on my laptop all day rather than my phone so it lasts up until the night when I charge it again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably once a day.
I tend to charge it when it completely dies out and it turns off by itself. :ahee:
If i can be bothered i'll just charge it when it gets low.
OPPO find 7 so charging from 0 - 75% in less than 30 mins... Also battery life lasts me about 2 days. Charge it for about 20 mins every morning just to top it up :smile: Avoid excessive charging and always take it off charge at 98 ish percent otherwise the battery can ruin - this happened on my previous Xperia Arc S (had it for 3 + years!)
Original post by realunited
Hey how's the battery life of nexus? How's the phone in general ?
was planning to buy that but the battery life of nexus 4 (what I have now) is horrible .

Posted from TSR Mobile

The battery life varies depending on what you do on it. If I play games/use the internet/ use the timer, it drains quite quickly, which can be frustrating, but it seems like smart phones are like that in general any way.

I'm no technopobe so I can't compare my current phone with anything, but I haven't had many problems with it. And the google aspects of the phone are very useful!

Quick Reply

Latest