The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amyof
Did you? Congrats! How long did it take to reply to you? Also wich other universities did you apply to? Sorry for all the questions hahah!

Thanks and no worries! I applied on the 20th October and got my offer on the 19th November, I also applied to Bath (twice), Exeter and Leeds
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Hi, as a fellow durham applicant for biological sciences, could I ask what your AS grades were? Just curious
Reply 342
Original post by Disney0702
I applied for General Engineering at Grey College and I sent my application at the end of September and I still didn't hear anything from them! 😲
Has anyone heard anything from Durham for General Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yesterday I got my offer for General Engineering!! 😄 I hadn't heard anything before that though. I applied for Josephine Butler college though if that makes any difference? I'm sure they'll get back soon now that the 15th of Jan deadline's over :smile:
Reply 343
A*AA offer for English lit :biggrin:
Original post by Polar2
Yesterday I got my offer for General Engineering!! 😄 I hadn't heard anything before that though. I applied for Josephine Butler college though if that makes any difference? I'm sure they'll get back soon now that the 15th of Jan deadline's over :smile:

Hello 😊 congrats on ur offer! I think perhaps it does depend on the college, maybe Grey is going to release their decisions later.
What grades did they offer you, if you don't mind my asking?
Reply 345
Original post by e.m.s
A*AA offer for English lit :biggrin:

I got an offer or lit too! Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any one got an offer for Nat/Sci Bio yet?
Reply 347
Hello 😊 congrats on ur offer! I think perhaps it does depend on the college, maybe Grey is going to release their decisions later.

Thanks!! :biggrin: Yeah it seems like that could be it :smile:
They're asking me for A*AA to include maths and physics at at least grade A, so hopefully I can get that now!
Still waiting for Eng Lit - since September :-(

It's the last one I'm waiting for and would love to firm it. (Exeter, Warwick and Bristol offered, rejected from Oxford). I'm an international student with Home Status confirmed now - maybe now I am in a different pile of papers in the office. Just wish it would come soon. Congrats to all those with offers.

That isn't how Durham works. The department will make the decision, send it to you and then college allocations are made in March. It makes no difference which college you've applied for or whether you've applied to one at all, they won't see your application until after you have been offered a place.
Reply 350
Original post by Gabrielxucram
Just got a conditional offer for Law!! So happy!

What were your As grades and predictions?
I've got a conditional offer for Sociology!
Original post by hlf273
What were your As grades and predictions?

Well I'm a Brazilian living in America so I got an offer for either 3 Ap's at 5 or SAT at 1950 + 3 SAT II's at 700 each. I already got a 1930 and a 700+ in each of the SAT II's so I dont know if they would already accept me with my grades. Anyway I'm just waiting to hear from KCL's PPL course to decide.

Truly hard choice...
Reply 353
Offer for modern languages!

They want AAA but a friend of mine got into the same course and they want A*AA from her, anyone know why the difference?
Original post by jacdyn
Offer for modern languages!

They want AAA but a friend of mine got into the same course and they want A*AA from her, anyone know why the difference?

Sounds like they want you more perhaps due to a stronger academic record or your personal statement perhaps. Well done to both you and your friend though!
I applied for General Engineering at Grey College and I sent my application at the end of September and I still didn't hear anything from them! 😲
Has anyone heard anything from Durham for General Engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well my friend got an offer today. I got my offer a year ago on the 17th (deferred).
A Facebook group (not my doing) that has been created for 'firmers'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/803055009736957/
Reply 357
Original post by Randadoodle
Finally got an offer for Biomedical Science, definitely going to firm, so excited!! :biggrin:

Hi, Im applying for biomed too! Do you mind me asking what your grades are? Also, when did you apply?
Original post by sultaabs
Yeah really stupid ones like financial I wrote it fiancial!

I'd email them and ask how to proceed
Anything for IR?

Quick Reply

Latest