The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by madvillainy
what dep?

It's IBD :smile:
Reply 5161
Looks like only IBD interviews have been given out for GS. Does anyone have an email for HR? Would like to let them know about my other offers.
Original post by Londongirl1995
Received a mail for GS interview... the first interview is competency based, what about the final? Does anyone know? thanks :smile:

:smile: remember when you submitted?
Original post by welcometoib
:smile: remember when you submitted?

I think it was three or four days before the deadline :smile:
did you just have your hsbc int at 1? i got interrupted to say im dragging on too long, when they kept asking me questions within a question... mine was around 27 mins, all commercial awareness essentially, i had to bs how ti would affect hsbc, jesus christ

so you had exactly the same experience like me. Telling me to keep it short but then asking question after question....
Original post by Purple_fox
GS IBD interview in London. Any advice?

when did you get the invite?
Reply 5166
Anyone else's Goldman IBD application still say 'application received'? I applied late October.
When did you get your JPM offer? :smile:

Friday
Original post by TRUKS
Anyone else's Goldman IBD application still say 'application received'? I applied late October.

i dont get that either. you have applied in oct it says received, i applied early november mine says under review and people who applied on 29th dec already have interview invites....
Original post by ProjectNr2
i dont get that either. you have applied in oct it says received, i applied early november mine says under review and people who applied on 29th dec already have interview invites....

I'm wondering whether there's actually a distinction there at all, like people who applied on the deadline have interviews so I'm sure all applications are under review even if it says just application received
Original post by Drossell
I'm wondering whether there's actually a distinction there at all, like people who applied on the deadline have interviews so I'm sure all applications are under review even if it says just application received

yea thats what i thought aswell that they just not update their online portal
Is anyone who is having a GS IBD interview next week from outside England and will therefore have it via telephone?
Reply 5172

Original post by Drossell

Or else they could be reviewing from the deadline back which wouldn't be great for those who applied early
Original post by paradeplatz
Is anyone who is having a GS IBD interview next week from outside England and will therefore have it via telephone?

I also will have a telephone interview :smile: when is yours?
Still worth applying to UBS? Those who have an interview with GS, were you contacted by phone or email?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it was three or four days before the deadline :smile:

did you app say under review before the interview? mine was subbed in novermber and says app received?
Original post by TRUKS
Or else they could be reviewing from the deadline back which wouldn't be great for those who applied early

thought about that aswell but that would be too ****ed up i think :rolleyes::s-smilie:
so you had exactly the same experience like me. Telling me to keep it short but then asking question after question....

were you asked 4 qs on commercial awareness too then asked to hurry up after explaining the answer lol? :s-smilie:
were you asked 4 qs on commercial awareness too then asked to hurry up after explaining the answer lol? :s-smilie:

she asked me what in the news interested me, then she asked like 2-3 more questions about that topic always telling me to keep the answers short. I answered the last one of these with 2 sentences, she was like "elaborate more" and then 20 seconds she just cut me mid sentence... i sense a rejection incoming:rolleyes:
she asked me what in the news interested me, then she asked like 2-3 more questions about that topic always telling me to keep the answers short. I answered the last one of these with 2 sentences, she was like "elaborate more" and then 20 seconds she just cut me mid sentence... i sense a rejection incoming:rolleyes:

join the club, exactly same lol

what was your phone quality like? i could barely hear
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending