The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1380
Original post by subjunctivehistorian
YES! I'm going to firm it too! What's your offer?
Is Manchester far away from where you live?

Cant actually wait, it looks amazing :smile: :smile: I'm glad to have met someone who is as excited as I am hahah

They've offered me conditional AAB with an A in History (bit of a problem there-I got a D in History last year, but they said I could get in depending on the grades of the other applicants. So I'm really hoping). What have they offered you? I am originally Northern but live down South now, so it is quite a way, but that's what I want. I really like the uni and idea of going to such a place amazes me, I just hope that my exams go well. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Gaby.
They've offered me conditional AAB with an A in History (bit of a problem there-I got a D in History last year, but they said I could get in depending on the grades of the other applicants. So I'm really hoping). What have they offered you? I am originally Northern but live down South now, so it is quite a way, but that's what I want. I really like the uni and idea of going to such a place amazes me, I just hope that my exams go well. :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have conditional AAA :smile: And don't worry, big Unis like Manchester will always have room for a few who don't make their grades, but I'm sure that with hard work you will make it! Good luck, I really hope it goes alright for you. Also, the AS exams are so formulaic and stupid and don't really display skill/potential imo so it's okay :wink:
I'm from Brighton so quite a way, but I'm really not bothered. I love Manchester and it's such a vibrant and buzzing city and it's everything I want from a university! Hope to see you there in September hahaha :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 1382
I have conditional AAA :smile: And don't worry, big Unis like Manchester will always have room for a few who don't make their grades, but I'm sure that with hard work you will make it! Good luck, I really hope it goes alright for you. Also, the AS exams are so formulaic and stupid and don't really display skill/potential imo so it's okay :wink:
I'm from Brighton so quite a way, but I'm really not bothered. I love Manchester and it's such a vibrant and buzzing city and it's everything I want from a university! Hope to see you there in September hahaha :biggrin: :biggrin:

I'm resitting an AS exam which might be easier now I know the formula. Thanks for the reassurance, I hope to be there in Sept making the most of one of the best libraries in Britain, seriously Manchester Central Library is the best places I've been to (although to be honest I don't get out much).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Yes, you'll be able to change after you get there even.

Oh alright, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gaby.
I'm resitting an AS exam which might be easier now I know the formula. Thanks for the reassurance, I hope to be there in Sept making the most of one of the best libraries in Britain, seriously Manchester Central Library is the best places I've been to (although to be honest I don't get out much).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Manchester Central Library! :h:
Reply 1385
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Manchester Central Library! :h:

:cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone for History? :biggrin:

Yup! Firmed History :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
Yup! Firmed History :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

excellent! cant wait to see you in september :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by fitrahberhan
Hi there. Oh I'm going to mEng course but not the industry one. Are you gonna put Manchester as your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I am, you?
Yes! I'm so excited about coming here. Is Manchester your firm? I really wanna put it as mine but according to my mum it is too far away so Imma have to persuade her on that one :P I love manchester so much and can't wait to meet all the other historians hahaha

Yep! I firmed it last month. I'm international, so it's definitely far for me. You should tell you mum that to put things into perspective. Haha. I'm so excited!
Original post by Coffeetime
Yep! I firmed it last month. I'm international, so it's definitely far for me. You should tell you mum that to put things into perspective. Haha. I'm so excited!

I genuinely can't wait to go to manchester :biggrin: ever since I firmed it I've been super motivated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
I genuinely can't wait to go to manchester :biggrin: ever since I firmed it I've been super motivated

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive firmed it as well, I was meant to start last year but things happened out of my control so I had to defer for a year. Really cant wait to go back there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just want September to get here!
Original post by marco14196
Ive firmed it as well, I was meant to start last year but things happened out of my control so I had to defer for a year. Really cant wait to go back there :smile:

Original post by Coffeetime
I just want September to get here!

And me! Anybody visiting on 8th March for the open house accommodation day?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe, is all the accomodation open to visit?
Original post by jamez870
Maybe, is all the accomodation open to visit?

As far as I know yeah! I'm still gonna go even though I've already sent my application off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
As far as I know yeah! I'm still gonna go even though I've already sent my application off :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I might go then :smile: same here, where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Eh I might go to the open day though that would involve taking a train trip and whether thats really worth it to just look at accomodation, I don't know. I know that I definitely want to be on Fallowfield again and I don't want catered accomodation so I will just look when at the choices when I apply for my student finance. That opens on the 26th right, needs to know when to apply for student finance. I gots to know :smile:
Original post by jamez870
I think I might go then :smile: same here, where have you applied?

Oak house & Whitworth park wbu? :smile:

Original post by marco14196
Eh I might go to the open day though that would involve taking a train trip and whether thats really worth it to just look at accomodation, I don't know. I know that I definitely want to be on Fallowfield again and I don't want catered accomodation so I will just look when at the choices when I apply for my student finance. That opens on the 26th right, needs to know when to apply for student finance. I gots to know :smile:

Yeah I know I'm doing the same!
I think so yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oak house & Whitworth park wbu? :smile:

Yeah I know I'm doing the same!
I think so yeah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oak house, Richmond and Sheavyn :smile:
Hoping for oak house though

Latest

Trending