The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ashklins
Haven't seen any here as yet. Is it really one of the hardest course to get into?

Which is harder to get into, Government and Econ, or straight Econ?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
I an offer holder rejects the offer, do LSE give the offer to someone else or not? They may give a fixed number of offers and prepare for rejections or they may want to have a certain amount of people who have firmed/insured them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2382
Is it possible to get an offer from straight econ without getting asked of ums?
I've heard they ask for ums but I haven't got asked anything from them. I received 8 and 4+2 week emails, now I am in the 2nd week of the 4 week email.
BTW I am an international applicant if that makes any differences.
Original post by Undisclosed 15
I an offer holder rejects the offer, do LSE give the offer to someone else or not? They may give a fixed number of offers and prepare for rejections or they may want to have a certain amount of people who have firmed/insured them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There will be x places for a course. In anticipation of people rejecting/missing their offer, the school will give out x+n offers for admission to said course - n accounting for those who will reject/miss. So to answer your q as to whether or not rejection -> reallocation of an offer, that doesn't happen. It's already accounted for in the amount of offers given out.
If you are an offer holder for economics and intend on firming cambridge and not insuring lse can you please withdraw your application to lse to give the rest of us a better chance of getting in!! Hahaha
Original post by sneakbo2
accounting and finance

Ahhhh no! sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking what were your predicted grades and stuff - i have applied for A and F as well and am getting a little anxious if i should prepare for the worst! Thanks Mate and good luck with your other applications :smile:
Original post by drcharisma
If I may ask you guys, how competitive is the International Relations and History program? Did anybody get in or was rejected from this?

Offer about a month after applying. My GCSEs were 11 A* 2 A, AS levels 4 A 1 B predicted 4 A*. I was also an Oxbridge applicant. Hope that helps :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The A&F department is taking decades to send out offers. Must be playing with our hearts.
I'm applying from Canada, I'm in my first year of uni right now but I want to transfer to LSE for next year. I'm applying with a 3.87 GPA at the moment, and on the Dean's list. Would I make it in for Law? I've had a bunch of work experience, but what's worrying me is that my high school average was not as great as I wanted due to one mark that was skewed (long story short, our teacher broke her hip and the supply was an individual who was not well versed in English or Maths to be fair). Should I even get my hopes up?
Original post by akj.latif
I'm applying from Canada, I'm in my first year of uni right now but I want to transfer to LSE for next year. I'm applying with a 3.87 GPA at the moment, and on the Dean's list. Would I make it in for Law? I've had a bunch of work experience, but what's worrying me is that my high school average was not as great as I wanted due to one mark that was skewed (long story short, our teacher broke her hip and the supply was an individual who was not well versed in English or Maths to be fair). Should I even get my hopes up?

Universities look at both attainment as well as potential. If attainment has been affected by circumstances and potential can be demonstrated then the past should not be held against you. But bear in mind that LSE is a super competitive university.
Original post by tazza ma razza
Ahhhh no! sorry to hear that! If you don't mind me asking what were your predicted grades and stuff - i have applied for A and F as well and am getting a little anxious if i should prepare for the worst! Thanks Mate and good luck with your other applications :smile:

5a*s rest As at GCSE
4As at AS level (Maths further maths physics economics)
Predicted A*AAA

Bare in mind I have two siblings that went to LSE, one did accounting and finance and I wrote my personal statement in a similar structure to hers. And got better AS levels, I just don't understand why I got rejected. But yeah good luck bro looks like Friday was the deadly mass rejection day and since you got past it you have a big chance, looks like Warwick for me now, out of the 4 offers I already have I will probably firm it. Good luck mate God Bless
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by GandalfWhite
Well you have compelling reasons to do so. Well done on your entrepreneurial venture.

Thank you :smile: it's just our little side gig, nothing big but it's our baby of sorts.
If you got to choose between UCL and Warwick for Economics, which one would you go to ?? (I'm really lost, as I am an international student, I can't really get to know the campus or city life ... )

I still haven't heard from LSE, but I don't really think I will get an offer so I'm basically hesitating between these two
Why don't I see a lot of apps for BMS?
Original post by cappunno18
Would you guys choose HSPS at cambridge or Politics at LSE if you had the choice?

HSPS at Cambridge FOR SURE!
I applied for that course and did't get the interview :frown:
I seems like an amazing course, so if you got the offer don't miss out on it!
Anyone got an offer for BA Geography?
Original post by houdhoud1997
If you got to choose between UCL and Warwick for Economics, which one would you go to ?? (I'm really lost, as I am an international student, I can't really get to know the campus or city life ... )

I still haven't heard from LSE, but I don't really think I will get an offer so I'm basically hesitating between these two

UCL.
Original post by houdhoud1997

UCL :smile:
houdhoud1997

UCL. I read Econ there last year (not for me personally, I've applied for History this year) and it's a very good course. The maths content is excellent.
Original post by cappunno18
did LSE offer you?

Yes i got my offer on Thursday

Quick Reply

Latest