The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

The UCL PPE thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dprince
Nope! Not as far as I know!

No the college accomodation was actually rubbish! Is it just me or are all the beds at Oxford extremely flimsy? (I've been interviewed for the last two years and visited Ox on other occassions for lectures and I'm yet to sleep on a comfy bed) :rolleyes:

Haha I had ny interview at Exeter college and I really liked it there, but maybe it varies between colleges. But in all honestly the best college accommodation has to be castle Durham - I mean you literally live in a castle for uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Got rejected from LSE...not too hopeful for UCL now, oh well still got Durham :smile:
Original post by Haza2012
Got rejected from LSE...not too hopeful for UCL now, oh well still got Durham :smile:

Congratulations on Durham! :biggrin: Sorry to hear about the rejection. When did they reject you?
Original post by economicsrocks
Congratulations on Durham! :biggrin: Sorry to hear about the rejection. When did they reject you?

Friday just gone :frown:
Friday just gone :frown:

Oh no :frown: It must be really tough. Did they say why they rejected you?
Oh no :frown: It must be really tough. Did they say why they rejected you?

nope, but oh well, I'm not the type to dwell on these things - move on and prove them wrong is my attitude, haha
nope, but oh well, I'm not the type to dwell on these things - move on and prove them wrong is my attitude, haha

It would have been courteous to say why they rejected you but yes, that's the right attitude! Haha definitely, prove them wrong :tongue: Good luck with UCL though :smile:
Reply 227
Guys, did everyone get an email that asked you to choose which stream? Because I haven't and I'm wondering whether that's a sign that I've been rejected already?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rid
Guys, did everyone get an email that asked you to choose which stream? Because I haven't and I'm wondering whether that's a sign that I've been rejected already?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't received this email yet either, so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 229
I haven't received this email yet either, so don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, thank god :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have received one, not sure what it means just yet though. I guess we will find out in the next couple of days.
Original post by Rid

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't gotten one. It seems like from the people that have gotten it, the email gives no indication of an offer.
Lol they're sending emails to some applicants but not others?! Talk about a way to create stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 233
Original post by kurofune
I haven't gotten one. It seems like from the people that have gotten it, the email gives no indication of an offer.

Original post by Maestori
I have received one, not sure what it means just yet though. I guess we will find out in the next couple of days.

I guess it's fine then. This wait sucks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by ooftar
Lol they're sending emails to some applicants but not others?! Talk about a way to create stress!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tell me about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ooftar

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get the feeling that UCL wanted to see which streams students wanted to focus on. UCLs PPE course seems a bit different from the other schools, so maybe they asked a small number of students in order to get a direction of where their new course is going. If you think about it, if they sent it everyone, then there would be more stress for applicants, because people would think there is some sort of right or wrong answer, and end up giving inaccurate answers. I could be completely wrong though.
Original post by Teddysmith123
Haha I had ny interview at Exeter college and I really liked it there, but maybe it varies between colleges. But in all honestly the best college accommodation has to be castle Durham - I mean you literally live in a castle for uni!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know some people at Durham. I visited there last year too when I had an offer from them. It looks cool and stuff but I didn't like the city in general! All the amenities were too far away from the colleges for my liking :o:(
Original post by Maestori

Original post by kurofune

Original post by ooftar

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got a friend from Australia who's applied and got a 99.85 on his exams (means he was in the top 0.15 percent of the population of Australia). He didn't get an email about choice of stream so to me that shows that it isn't any sign of rejection to not get an offer!

How are your academic credentials, if you don't mind me asking?:colondollar:
In the email they make you choose choice of stream and if you want q-step or not, what's interesting about it however is that the decision seems to be irreversible at least according to the wording in the email. I strongly believe it has to do with offers and reqs, since econ & pol requires A* Maths while PP doesn't. They also said that you could consider yourself rejected if you didn't respond within a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending