The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by newblood
Well my track still hasnt updated.. :rolleyes:

Mine neither! I really want it to update now so I can put it in as firm, before they change their minds about me haha
Original post by Ganeshs1996
Mine neither! I really want it to update now so I can put it in as firm, before they change their minds about me haha

what college are you?
I need to know if there are other Emma economists out there...
Reply 823
Original post by EHZ17

Check the facebook groups :smile:
Original post by EHZ17

Are you on the Emma facebook group? :smile:
Original post by tatt0barbie
In the list of colleges, Lucy has been missed. Has anyone been given a Lucy offer?

Original post by foreignbloke
Definitely. It's just that the author of the thread doesn't update it anymore.

Are you guys referring to my list? If so, I just haven't seen any Lucy offers yet (they only take mature female students so there aren't going to be as many on here) and I haven't updated in a few days because of work. Same will hold if you're referring to something else.
Original post by Amanda Brown
Any ideas how strict the engineering conditions are? Like is there any chance at all of getting in if narrowly missed offer?

It depends how narrowly. If you miss STEP by a point or miss an A* by a couple UMS, it's likely that you'll be put in the summer pool, but getting in from that is a bit of a lottery because most people make their grades.
Original post by paradoxicalme
Are you on the Emma facebook group? :smile:

Yep :/

Conversation isn't exactly flowing at the moment :P
Original post by EHZ17
Yep :/

Conversation isn't exactly flowing at the moment :P

Probably it's just people getting back into work. :smile: Cambridge prep set me back two weeks of work and so I'm permanently behind...
Original post by paradoxicalme
Probably it's just people getting back into work. :smile: Cambridge prep set me back two weeks of work and so I'm permanently behind...

For me prep afforded me time. I completed most of my maths and economics a levels in those 2-3 weeks so I've been doing nothing for the last month! :P
Original post by newblood
When does everyone intend to write to accept/reject their offer (or if you already have when did you)? And what did you write ?

I said something along the lines of: "Thank you for your letter dated __. I am thrilled to confirm that I intend to firm my offer for the HSPS BA due to start Oct 2015. I am grateful for this opportunity. Regards __"
Has anyone received a letter from Queens'? If so, was there a deadline by which one hs to reply? Thinking of emailing them tomorrow since the letter still hasn't arrived...
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ShellySpielberg
Has anyone received a letter from Queens'? If so, was there a deadline by which one hs to reply? Thinking of emailing them tomorrow since the letter still hasn't arrived...
Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from the offer letter? No. I only replied by UCAS, but the offer letter said they want us to write to them "in any case". I should probably get on that tbh...
Wait, are you international? You should def have heard back now!
EDIT: Sorry I forgot to read the poster and question properly :lol:
They said that they'd like us to reply as soon as possible in writing, and on UCAS by their deadline :')
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by cerlohee
Apart from the offer letter? No. I only replied by UCAS, but the offer letter said they want us to write to them "in any case". I should probably get on that tbh...
Wait, are you international? You should def have heard back now!
EDIT: Sorry I forgot to read the poster and question properly :lol:
They said that they'd like us to reply as soon as possible in writing, and on UCAS by their deadline :')

Yeah I'm international and I heard back by phone because I got an open offer. But I was told Queens' would be taking care of the paperwork and stuff so I'm waiting for a letter from them.
Thanks! I'll just email them and ask for a digital copy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Emma have said to send "Photocopies of your examination certificates relating to the examinations referred to on your UCAS application" to them. Does this include GCSE certificates?
Original post by Mini-Me
Emma have said to send "Photocopies of your examination certificates relating to the examinations referred to on your UCAS application" to them. Does this include GCSE certificates?

Yep :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 836
Ok so in my personal statement I said I was planning to do an EPQ this year. Due to stuff at college and just generally not having a lot of time this may no longer be possible. It wasn't a condition of my offer, but should I still let Cambridge know I may not be able to do it? As I said it wasn't a part of my offer and I didn't put it down as a pending qualification on UCAS. Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by AlfieD
Ok so in my personal statement I said I was planning to do an EPQ this year. Due to stuff at college and just generally not having a lot of time this may no longer be possible. It wasn't a condition of my offer, but should I still let Cambridge know I may not be able to do it? As I said it wasn't a part of my offer and I didn't put it down as a pending qualification on UCAS. Thanks in advance :smile:

Yh I was going to do an extra AS and I asked them and the admissions tutor said I must sit all exams to meet my offer so I would still ask them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AlfieD

I think it's best to email them, I emailed my college to check that I didn't need to resit an exam in a subject that didn't form part of my offer even though on my saq I said I was going to and they said that that would be fine. So just email to check :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an unconditional offer from Murray Edwards for Law (I am a Gap Year student and got A*A*A in my A Levels) - pooled applicant, I applied to Emmanuel. Definitely going to firm as soon as it's put on UCAS. Congrats to all the other offer holders!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending