The Student Room Group

How to show your passion for Science?!?!

Hi, so I'm hoping to apply for a place on an 'Inspire Course', these courses happen all across the country (uk) in different universities in the summer and are for people interested in studying STEM subjects.
They've said:-

'In 200 words or less, tell us why you want to come on an Inspire EDT course and why you should be selected. Please include any other information that demonstrates your interest and enthusiasm for science, technology, engineering and/or maths. You need to explain any qualifications you couldn’t choose from our list. Don't forget to describe the accommodation/travel plans you will make if offered a non-residential course. *'

I know it's 'up to me' and 'only I know' but what would you say would be good to writ, any key things to include or to miss?

Thanks.
:smile:
Things you may want to discuss:
- your future aspirations and how this course is relevant
- favourite scientific topics and why
- books/talks/shows/magazines you've read/seen and why you particularly like that
- personal traits that make you suitable for such a course
Reply 2
You can describe learning a specific thing that sparked your interest and then go on how you've continued to study and search for information and decided that this is what you want to do.
I am currently in the process of applying to this, stuck on the same bit. Which courses did you apply to?
Original post by AdaLovelace
I am currently in the process of applying to this, stuck on the same bit. Which courses did you apply to?

Southampton Inspire - Residential July 7 Headstart Inspire
UCL Inspire - Non-residential July 13 Headstart Inspire
Bristol Inspire - Residential July 29 Headstart Inspire
Queen Mary Inspire - Non ResidentialJ

Sent my application in last week, good luck x
Ooh I am applying to the same ones, though maybe not Bristol as dates clash. Thanks, I keep getting distracted by tumblr :smile:.
Reply 6
I'm going on the Bristol course, did you guys get on?
Original post by karimoja
I'm going on the Bristol course, did you guys get on?

Yep going on the Queen Mary's course
Do you have any idea what to wear or bring?
Reply 8
Original post by BitofAFangirl
Yep going on the Queen Mary's course
Do you have any idea what to wear or bring?

I recieved a pack of letters this weekend with all information relating to my course, you should get it soon!
Original post by karimoja
I recieved a pack of letters this weekend with all information relating to my course, you should get it soon!

Ah that's great, sounds reassuring

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending