The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 700
Original post by SassKing13
Haha :biggrin: go have your cheesy baked potato :tongue:

I will have to peel myself away from my bed xD. It is so warm and toasty
Original post by lou 22
I will have to peel myself away from my bed xD. It is so warm and toasty

I feel like that when I have to get up in the morning XD getting out of a warm bed is so hard :tongue:

Stewie quote in your sig :tongue:
Reply 702
Original post by SassKing13
I feel like that when I have to get up in the morning XD getting out of a warm bed is so hard :tongue:

Stewie quote in your sig :tongue:

Yep, I have to set my alarm early as I know it takes me about 10-15 minutes to psych myself up :biggrin:.

:smile:, What is this sig marlarcky though xD. Stewie is my hero lol :biggrin: I sound like a right saddo but I do find him truly hilarious :smile:.
I had 2 complete breakdowns this week where first I sobbed myself into a migraine and second I broke down and cried for 20 minutes straight. My mocks are ruining my life and I worked so hard and got an E and I've lost all faith in myself, I'm having to lie to my dad, I'm behind on college work and I've no motivation to help myself anymore...
Original post by lou 22
I will still come in :biggrin: what drinks do you have? cause that could spoil it llol.

Much like my nan lmao, but we can’t blame them cause they are old.

Good :smile: Well there's a shop just round the corner... what do you like to drink?

I know, bless 'em. She mispronounces everything as well. She hates all this new "digical" technology :lol:
Reply 705
Original post by frizzylizze
I had 2 complete breakdowns this week where first I sobbed myself into a migraine and second I broke down and cried for 20 minutes straight. My mocks are ruining my life and I worked so hard and got an E and I've lost all faith in myself, I'm having to lie to my dad, I'm behind on college work and I've no motivation to help myself anymore...

:frown:, all you can do is try your best hun, maybe if you told your dad the truth he may be to help you in some way. Don’t lose faith chick, yeah you made a boo boo once but dwelling on it isn’t going to help you in any shape or form, I know it will be hard but try to take this in a positive way so you learn from your error :wink: you can do it if you put your mind to it :smile:.

Also doesn’t your college offer a help services for its college members? they could help you if there is on :wink:.
Original post by lou 22
:frown:, all you can do is try your best hun, maybe if you told your dad the truth he may be to help you in some way. Don’t lose faith chick, yeah you made a boo boo once but dwelling on it isn’t going to help you in any shape or form, I know it will be hard but try to take this in a positive way so you learn from your error :wink: you can do it if you put your mind to it :smile:.

Also doesn’t your college offer a help services for its college members? they could help you if there is on :wink:.

My dad basically told me that if I did badly, he would ground me, taking away my entire support network of friends, which would not help my mental state right now, so I worked my ass off over christmas and still only just passed and that's just destroying me! I'm trying to not let it get to me, it's just having put so much work in and done so badly, I just feel quite hopeless right now :frown:

My college are offering help, I'm really trying to take advantage of it, it's just ruined my confidence and thrown me into a bit of a spiral I think :frown:

Edit - When I say ground, I mean pull me from all extra curriculars, take my laptop, take my phone, check my lessons so I come home straight after they finish and force me to revise in front of him solidly until I go to bed...
(edited 9 years ago)

Don't give up hope. All you can do is try your absolute best. If you give up now, you'll regret it later, whereas even if you do everything you can and it doesn't end very well, at least you know you did everything you could have done.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Don't give up hope. All you can do is try your absolute best. If you give up now, you'll regret it later, whereas even if you do everything you can and it doesn't end very well, at least you know you did everything you could have done.

I think it's just the insane amount of pressure from my dad that's getting me, I'm really trying, but I'm just so emotionally fragile right now (damn being a girl sometimes!) I just wish I had something to show for all the work!
Reply 709
Good :smile: Well there's a shop just round the corner... what do you like to drink?

I know, bless 'em. She mispronounces everything as well. She hates all this new "digical" technology :lol:

For soft drinks I would like Fanta fruit diabetes in a bottle twist, some Dr fizzies in my nostrils pepper and finally some diet coke. For hard drink I will have some stones ginger wine :tongue:, or JD or Barcardi. What is your tipple?

:rofl: so does my nan, she doesn’t like change she has had the same telly in the living room for like the past 25-26years which my mom gave her before she moved out xD. We bought her a basic phone like it is the basicest level of basic possible for her safety when she is out and that is still to modern for her to use xD.

Think I created a new word there lol.
I think it's just the insane amount of pressure from my dad that's getting me, I'm really trying, but I'm just so emotionally fragile right now (damn being a girl sometimes!) I just wish I had something to show for all the work!

Tbh, if you've left school and are at college now then he's treating you like a child when he shouldn't be IMO. Taking away privileges is something you do to kids and teenagers, not adults going to college!
If it's getting too much, maybe it's a good idea to sit down with your dad, be truthful and say that he's stressing you right out and you're falling behind because of it. I don't know your dad obviously, or how he will react, but it's worth thinking about I reckon.
Tbh, if you've left school and are at college now then he's treating you like a child when he shouldn't be IMO. Taking away privileges is something you do to kids and teenagers, not adults going to college!
If it's getting too much, maybe it's a good idea to sit down with your dad, be truthful and say that he's stressing you right out and you're falling behind because of it. I don't know your dad obviously, or how he will react, but it's worth thinking about I reckon.

He sees it that as long as I'm living under his roof - 18 or not - I am a child and he will treat me like one, I'm just praying I can do a remock and get a better grade and just never tell him! Normally my mum gets angry too, but I was in such a bad state mentally that she came home from work to help me! My dad doesn't do logic, he doesn't reason like normal people and he's very very angry I'm afraid - reasons I want to move out and get to uni and never live at home ever again!
Original post by lou 22
For soft drinks I would like Fanta fruit diabetes in a bottle twist, some Dr fizzies in my nostrils pepper and finally some diet coke. For hard drink I will have some stones ginger wine :tongue:, or JD or Barcardi. What is your tipple?

:rofl: so does my nan, she doesn’t like change she has had the same telly in the living room for like the past 25-26years which my mom gave her before she moved out xD. We bought her a basic phone like it is the basicest level of basic possible for her safety when she is out and that is still to modern for her to use xD.

Think I created a new word there lol.

Good choices :smile: I'm not fussy tbh, I'll drink anything :biggrin: I'll happily share a bottle of Bacardi with you, since it appears you're trying to get me drunk :tongue:

Sounds just like my nan :rofl: Still sitting there watching her tele with the hench box on the back with a phone older than me still on the go :lol:

Yup, you did, "most basic" would have sufficed but screw it, be a maverick why not :cool:
Reply 713

Hun, I think you may need to tell your dad that his added pressure isn’t helping you, and you see how he believes you are doing alright lying lkke that is only digging yourself a bigger whole, you will start to live a lie if you don’t fess up. Chick just be honest with him as you are finding it hard then his adding extra pressure on you and that just isn’t fair. Overly pushy parents are a nightmare :frown:.
Original post by lou 22
I can kind of see with them, not condoning some of the things said but you are bringing it on yourself by being a cocky over confident person the majority of people like more humble people, fair enough you think you are a extremely goodlooking guy but calm down like seriously#humblebeforeyoutumble

Im like the 'Ridiculously Photogenic Guy'. I was born dangerously confident, its all i know. :smile:
He sees it that as long as I'm living under his roof - 18 or not - I am a child and he will treat me like one, I'm just praying I can do a remock and get a better grade and just never tell him! Normally my mum gets angry too, but I was in such a bad state mentally that she came home from work to help me! My dad doesn't do logic, he doesn't reason like normal people and he's very very angry I'm afraid - reasons I want to move out and get to uni and never live at home ever again!

Sorry to hear that :frown: Well all I can say is get all the help you can get and try your hardest. Whenever you feel like giving up, remember that doing good means you get to go to Uni and live a happier life :smile:
Original post by lou 22
Hun, I think you may need to tell your dad that his added pressure isn’t helping you, and you see how he believes you are doing alright lying lkke that is only digging yourself a bigger whole, you will start to live a lie if you don’t fess up. Chick just be honest with him as you are finding it hard then his adding extra pressure on you and that just isn’t fair. Overly pushy parents are a nightmare :frown:.

Telling him in the past has only made him angrier and more pushy :/ Sorry, kinda telling you my life's woes, it's been one of those weeks! I just need to get my grade up in chemistry, my other subjects are fine and I know I can, my teacher knows I can, I just suck at chemistry exam questions! I'm kind of flipsiding between sad and motivated to sort this out right now - not ideal as he has no idea! He's a very angry man, and I just need to stay on his good side long enough to move out to uni!
Original post by lou 22
I couldn’t sleep after watching that xD it took aout three days before I felt normal again lmao.

I closed my eyes that night when I went to sleep in fear that something was on top of my cupboard or something :lol:

Bathesheba :afraid:
Sorry to hear that :frown: Well all I can say is get all the help you can get and try your hardest. Whenever you feel like giving up, remember that doing good means you get to go to Uni and live a happier life :smile:

Thank you :smile: And thank you for caring, it's been one of those weeks where I have needed to tell people, this is a nice outlet, cause no one on here has been negative as of yet! Thank you :smile:
Original post by lou 22
:frown:

I wish study leave was just a week longer :frown:

Latest