certainly not

not true

no

I'm none of those things!

yes

yes

And all of those things!

Are you flirting with me :ninja:
OP is probably on to the right concept that girls like a guy with an edgy rebellious image.

However the fact he is suggesting developing a style/fashion sense that will make him look a knob and has some weird rules about only smoking when its snowing or whatever, makes me think he's not exactly going to be James Dean.

OP you did the right thing asking on the internet for advice before you take this step, you need a bit of a rethink.
Original post by SmashConcept
I'm none of those things!

And all of those things!

Are you flirting with me :ninja:

I change all my answers in that case :colonhash:
Reply 23
Smoking is foolish, I hate being around smokers like if you want to kill yourself do so but dont make mine bad by inhaling the passive smoke of your cancer sticks.
Original post by Precious Illusions
I change all my answers in that case :colonhash:

Well at least I kept the receipt for this toilet plunger :sad:
Original post by Vikki1805
Don't take up smoking and don't get a quiff either.

I'm sure both would be a terrible idea.

I thought you smoked?
Original post by SmashConcept
Well at least I kept the receipt for this toilet plunger :sad:

Toilet plunger, you say? That changes everything.
:troll: detected.
OK

But I fail to see why you felt the need to make a thread on TSR about it... were you hoping to be validated, talked out of it? What?

At the end of the day, you make your choices and you live with the consequences
Original post by mals94
in the winter smoking is cool imo

checkered shirts, beards, black skinny jeans, quiff and cigarettes is a great look

girls cant get enough :cool:

also tattooos, not full sleeve though because thats too common

No one wears this look anymore, only people who are wannabes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
I started smoking when I was 15. I was an immature sheep.
Fast forward 5 years and I'm addicted, broke, breath stinks, nasty teeth desperate for ciggies at inconvenient times (exams, cinema trips etc).

7 months ago I quit using e-cigs. Loads more money in the bank, feel ten times healthier, teeth cleaner etc. I'm weening myself of e-cigs and am a lot less addicted to nicotene all round.

Smoking is not cool. Quitting smoking is really cool. Not taking it up is SUPER COOL.
Original post by alapa
I started smoking when I was 15. I was an immature sheep.
Fast forward 5 years and I'm addicted, broke, breath stinks, nasty teeth desperate for ciggies at inconvenient times (exams, cinema trips etc).

7 months ago I quit using e-cigs. Loads more money in the bank, feel ten times healthier, teeth cleaner etc. I'm weening myself of e-cigs and am a lot less addicted to nicotene all round.

Smoking is not cool. Quitting smoking is really cool. Not taking it up is SUPER COOL.

Completely agree, never tried it myself and never will. There are no future pros to it all you get from it is doubling your chances of getting diseases like cancer, disgusting teeth and then your hardly going to look nice or attractive to people then are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by _Charlotte15
Completely agree, never tried it myself and never will. There are no future pros to it all you get from it is doubling your chances of getting diseases like cancer, disgusting teeth and then your hardly going to look nice or attractive to people then are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. So many people take it up for 'social reasons'. Sorry but being the ass at the back of the club stinking and looking grimy is not attractive or social. Been there and done that. It's far 'cooler' to not smoke at all.
Original post by alapa
Exactly. So many people take it up for 'social reasons'. Sorry but being the ass at the back of the club stinking and looking grimy is not attractive or social. Been there and done that. It's far 'cooler' to not smoke at all.

One of my mates smokes and everyone just looks at him/her as though she's a complete waste of space. The person always comes in stinking of it and just looking grim. It just isn't attractive or cool in any way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
One of my mates smokes and everyone just looks at him/her as though she's a complete waste of space. The person always comes in stinking of it and just looking grim. It just isn't attractive or cool in any way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

*as though he/she is a complete waste of space 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35

Posted from TSR Mobile[/
yup. When I was 15/16 I actually thought it made me look bad ass. Hindsight is a beautiful thing
Everyone knows only the cool kids smoke... that's why the reaction of TSR members has been uniformly negative.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a horrible way to treat someone.
Any drug is bad for you, and plus once you get addicted you then become more dependent on needing that drug to fill your tolerance and when you don't get that drug you then go into withdraw state which this means you can get really ill and it really hard to give up drugs. There 3 types that drugs fall into there is depressant which it makes your heart slower and makes you unable to do anything then you have stigma which makes you all hyped and makes your heart beat faster (this is the drug you fall into) you also have hallucination which can be classed as fun but it not when you take to much of it, it then becomes dangerous and think of the effect it will have if you have children or want children, second hand is worse than first hand smoking. And just smoking won't stop there because you soon want to make your tolerance higher and that means experimenting more, and then you can get addicted to more. Does it seem like that worth it over a free controlled life that won't happen when you get addicted you will lose control!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Firstly, smoking carries a string of health benefits. I'm not exaggerating, the list is endless, so there certainly are pros. One pro might also be that it's an enjoyable, relaxing activity.

Secondly, smoking does not 'double' your chance of getting diseases like cancer. The vast majority of people with lung cancer are smokers, but the vast majority of smokers will not develop lung cancer. Your risk is raised significantly but it still remains infinitesimally small, because the risk in the first place is almost non-existent.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest