The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Need advice on goldsmiths politics course

I have received an offer to study at Goldsmiths in Sep 2015. I am really considering it as Goldsmiths is definitely one of my favourites. I just wondered if any students at Goldsmith can tell me what the university is like. Are the people nice? Is it easy to make friends? etc. Really nervous as I would have to move away from home to attend.

For Goldsmiths politics students, is the course enjoyable? And what is the timetable like (how many hours a week are you at the uni? Roughly what are the term dates like?)

Really appreciate any replies!
Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses. :redface:

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. :h: It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. :h: Hope this helps! :h:
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by emmifern
I have received an offer to study at Goldsmiths in Sep 2015. I am really considering it as Goldsmiths is definitely one of my favourites. I just wondered if any students at Goldsmith can tell me what the university is like. Are the people nice? Is it easy to make friends? etc. Really nervous as I would have to move away from home to attend.

For Goldsmiths politics students, is the course enjoyable? And what is the timetable like (how many hours a week are you at the uni? Roughly what are the term dates like?)

Can't really help, but I've applied to Goldsmiths for Pol too. Hope I get an offer as will be my firm if I do!
Reply 3
Yeah I think it will be my firm too! I absolutely love the course modules so I'm hoping I get the grades too get in :smile:
Yeah I think it will be my firm too! I absolutely love the course modules so I'm hoping I get the grades too get in :smile:

Me too! I got my offer today, thank god :smile: What grades did they give you?
Reply 5
Original post by SophF_rth
Me too! I got my offer today, thank god :smile: What grades did they give you?

Aw that's great, congrats! They offered me ABC which I'm pretty happy about, what about you? :smile:
Aw that's great, congrats! They offered me ABC which I'm pretty happy about, what about you? :smile:

Oooh probably means I can get in with that too! They gave me BBB :P
Reply 7
Oo that's good, the idea of uni is much less daunting now I've spoken to someone on my course haha :smile:
Oo that's good, the idea of uni is much less daunting now I've spoken to someone on my course haha :smile:

If I go then I'll be on the International Studies and Chinese course, so we might be sharing modules. :smile:

Yeah, I definitely agree! Would be crazy if we both end up at Goldsmiths today in September!

hey this probs doesn't help much but im in a similar situation, I just got an offer for politics at goldsmiths. I'm torn between two choices to put as my firm atm, but ive heard a lot of people say it's v political, exciting sort of vibe. The thing that drew me to GS was what I've heard about the social scene and way the courses are run, meant to be v creative and diverse:smile:
Reply 11
Oo thats cool are you considering Goldsmiths as your firm?
Reply 12
Yeah ive started to hear stuff like that too. I think they have such a cool different approach to politics. I imagine its a really good place to be! Thanks for your reply, its nice that other people are in the same boat as me :smile:
Hi

As a part / time Masters student at Goldsmiths in ICCE but with knowledge of lecturers in Politics you will find the Politics Dept a breath of fresh air. It gives a different perspective than other Universities.

The creative vibe at Goldsmiths is brilliant

I would highly recommend Goldsmiths to those who may still have second thoughts

Toby Chambers
MA candidate Social Entrepreneurship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending