The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lou 22
:biggrin: Have you thought of what your name could be?

It’s kl it is true :smile:.

no idea what name i could go for but it would be cool to make a job out of giving advice
Reply 721
Original post by WoodyMKC
Good choices :smile: I'm not fussy tbh, I'll drink anything :biggrin: I'll happily share a bottle of Bacardi with you, since it appears you're trying to get me drunk :tongue:

Sounds just like my nan :rofl: Still sitting there watching her tele with the hench box on the back with a phone older than me still on the go :lol:

Yup, you did, "most basic" would have sufficed but screw it, be a maverick why not :cool:

:smile:,Lmao you joker. I have become such a lightweight when it comes to drinking though, I have gone from being a drink a fair bit charging at sheds and rolling on the floor drunk to a two drinks and I am fairly intoxicated drunk xD. I am trying to get you drunk so that you can order another pizza and as you fall asleep I can scoff the lot :biggrin: I am only in it for the pizza :tongue: jk.

:biggrin: nans will be nans.

Woo hoo :smile:, I need a Lou22 dictionary for all the creative words I come up with sometimes.
Reply 722
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Im like the 'Ridiculously Photogenic Guy'. I was born dangerously confident, its all i know. :smile:

I am also Ridiculously photogenic but I don’t ram it down peoples throats. Humbleness is key. Calm your ass down.
Original post by lou 22
:smile:,Lmao you joker. I have become such a lightweight when it comes to drinking though, I have gone from being a drink a fair bit charging at sheds and rolling on the floor drunk to a two drinks and I am fairly intoxicated drunk xD. I am trying to get you drunk so that you can order another pizza and as you fall asleep I can scoff the lot :biggrin: I am only in it for the pizza :tongue: jk.

:biggrin: nans will be nans.

Woo hoo :smile:, I need a Lou22 dictionary for all the creative words I come up with sometimes.

I think it comes with getting a bit older tbh. I used to be a drinking champion when I was a teenager, not anymore though, a few drinks and I'm in party mode :lol: Hmmmm... well, I'm not the 'get drunk and then fall asleep' type, I like to go a bit wild :biggrin: Not that I believe that was your purpose of sedating me anyway :tongue:

Good idea, maybe start a blog :smile:
Reply 724
Original post by frizzylizze
My dad basically told me that if I did badly, he would ground me, taking away my entire support network of friends, which would not help my mental state right now, so I worked my ass off over christmas and still only just passed and that's just destroying me! I'm trying to not let it get to me, it's just having put so much work in and done so badly, I just feel quite hopeless right now :frown:

My college are offering help, I'm really trying to take advantage of it, it's just ruined my confidence and thrown me into a bit of a spiral I think :frown:

Edit - When I say ground, I mean pull me from all extra curriculars, take my laptop, take my phone, check my lessons so I come home straight after they finish and force me to revise in front of him solidly until I go to bed...

Sorry I missed this post xD

Your dad sounds so mean :frown:, obviously he wants you too do well but being frmly on your case isnt doing anyone any favours :frown:, I hope you can catch up and get all required grades so your dad can ease off pressuring you so much.

You can do it though hun :hugs:
Reply 725
Telling him in the past has only made him angrier and more pushy :/ Sorry, kinda telling you my life's woes, it's been one of those weeks! I just need to get my grade up in chemistry, my other subjects are fine and I know I can, my teacher knows I can, I just suck at chemistry exam questions! I'm kind of flipsiding between sad and motivated to sort this out right now - not ideal as he has no idea! He's a very angry man, and I just need to stay on his good side long enough to move out to uni!

It is alright hun, a problem shared is a problem halved, I like helping people, you just need the self belief to get your grade, your dad is gonna cause resentment if his not careful if he already hasn’t he just needs to lose his constant pushy nature and his anger.

You can and will succeed hun. That is definitely a good plan :wink:.
Thank you :smile: And thank you for caring, it's been one of those weeks where I have needed to tell people, this is a nice outlet, cause no one on here has been negative as of yet! Thank you :smile:

i can only echo the advice thats already been given, it would be good to be able to tell your dad that the pressure is making you feel worse and that he could back off a bit but from what you say that wouldn't go down too well. so just keep trying and focus on getting to uni so you can move out and be happy.

whenever we can help somebody in this thread we do are best to do so so i can't see why anyone would be negative towards your story.

hope things work out for you
Reply 727
:laugh:
Original post by zhang-liao
I closed my eyes that night when I went to sleep in fear that something was on top of my cupboard or something :lol:

Bathesheba :afraid:
Reply 728
I wish study leave was just a week longer :frown:

I feel for ya :frown:
Reply 729
Original post by chelseafreak
no idea what name i could go for but it would be cool to make a job out of giving advice

Agony Uncle Chelsea :biggrin:, It would actually be really awesome to do that :smile:.
Original post by lou 22
:laugh:

'Tis the truth :lol:
Original post by lou 22
I feel for ya :frown:

I know :frown:
Original post by lou 22
Agony Uncle Chelsea :biggrin:, It would actually be really awesome to do that :smile:.

it could work, your the one with the really good advice here though
Original post by lou 22
Welcome Lucy :smile:.

You will be okay, when will you retake the exam?

This friday:rolleyes:
Reply 734
Original post by WoodyMKC
I think it comes with getting a bit older tbh. I used to be a drinking champion when I was a teenager, not anymore though, a few drinks and I'm in party mode :lol: Hmmmm... well, I'm not the 'get drunk and then fall asleep' type, I like to go a bit wild :biggrin: Not that I believe that was your purpose of sedating me anyway :tongue:

Good idea, maybe start a blog :smile:

Age is a punk :biggrin:. Damn, my pizza pinching shall not work with this one haha. I never sedated you.. or did i :tongue:.

Thats an Idea :smile:.
Reply 735
Original post by DailyMailIsALiar

Why you feelng #**#?
Original post by lou 22
Age is a punk :biggrin:. Damn, my pizza pinching shall not work with this one haha. I never sedated you.. or did i :tongue:.

Thats an Idea :smile:.

It is :biggrin: No you didn't sedate me yet, but it appears you plan on doing so :tongue: Or do you, now you realise I'm not going to fall asleep :lol:

Do it :cool:
****, I HATE the school I go to for sixth form :frown:, and my subjects are stressing me out.
Reply 738
'Tis the truth :lol:

I know :frown:

:grin:

:thumbdown:
I'm feeling stressed, confused and depressed :frown:

Latest