The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Coerce
Just out of curiosity are you Muslim or trying to learn?

Muslim who has troubles with imaan

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Up quark
Muslim who has troubles with imaan

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh.. I'm starting to pray more, just never do out of laziness.. but I know Allah does exist.. have you researched the history of Islam? I personally don't dwell on it as much as I fear loosing the belief myself at this stage, cause I'm not fully on the deen as of yet. :frown:
Sometimes it makes me happy. This is probably more down to salat giving a structure to my day and it's a sort of exercise as well. I've read tafsir, I understand what I recite and I know the translations but i dont really appreciate what i say tbh. It does feel like a burden at times and also a sort of ritual because im so accustomed to it.

But i feel guilty for going away from the path of islam, that's the difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I see. In general, the saddest thing about a Muslim is when he's spiritually dead. I don't know what else to say tbh. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Ankabout
Oh I see. In general, the sadness thing about a Muslim is when he's spiritually dead. I don't know what else to say tbh. :smile:

May I ask what age were you started to read namaaz fully?
Original post by Coerce
May I ask what age were you started to read namaaz fully?

Uhhh that's random. :confused: For me it was on and off to be honest. I became serious when I was a teen (around 16) if that's what you're asking.
Uhhh that's random. :confused: For me it was on and off to be honest. I became serious when I was a teen (around 16) if that's what you're asking.

Oh just of the tone you were using against up quark.. almost feels like hes being slated
Original post by Coerce
Oh just of the tone you were using against up quark.. almost feels like hes being slated

Lol ok.
Original post by Coerce

lol
Original post by Coerce
Ahh.. I'm starting to pray more, just never do out of laziness.. but I know Allah does exist.. have you researched the history of Islam? I personally don't dwell on it as much as I fear loosing the belief myself at this stage, cause I'm not fully on the deen as of yet. :frown:

I know a little bit but i've recently started reading a book about the seerah of the prophet (saw) to increase my knowledge
Oh I see. In general, the sadness thing about a Muslim is when he's spiritually dead. I don't know what else to say tbh. :smile:

You know.. I was watching this talk by good ol mufti menk and he said something that really struck me... Do you perform salah because you have to, or do you perform salaah because you want to?

What would be your answer to that question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol ok.

What I'd expect ofc youre better than me, my opinion is invalid
Original post by Coerce
What I'd expect ofc youre better than me, my opinion is invalid

No that is NOT true. What I said about being "spiritually dead" applies to me too. I had that phase and trust me it wasn't pretty. That's why I said "in general", it's the saddest thing to me. I wish all Muslims would feel peace.
No that is NOT true. What I said about being "spiritually dead" applies to me too. I had that phase and trust me it wasn't pretty. That's why I said "in general", it's the saddest thing to me. I wish all Muslims would feel peace.

Sorry I honestly, misunderstood what you were implying by that..
You know.. I was watching this talk by good ol mufti menk and he said something that really struck me... Do you perform salah because you have to, or do you perform salaah because you want to?

What would be your answer to that question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Both I suppose. :smile:
Original post by K1NG93

Btw, did you manage to convince your parents about the beard thing :beard:
Both I suppose. :smile:

That's kind of cheating hehe. Which one would you say is more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Coerce
Sorry I honestly, misunderstood what you were implying by that..

Well, if you have read Quantum's posts you'd know he doesn't believe and when I saw what he said "the preservation of prophets can easily be subjected to examination right here, right now. If a grave of a prophet were to be dug up right now, I would bet that it would be decomposed." it means he's clearly made up his mind and rejected a Hadith on Prophets' (peace be upon them) bodies not decomposing.

So that's what triggered the "interrogation".
(edited 9 years ago)
That's kind of cheating hehe. Which one would you say is more

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah, I pass sorry Quantum. :smile:
Btw, did you manage to convince your parents about the beard thing :beard:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well yeah. I mean I do what I wanna do anyway. But my parents are always like they are against Muslims so they may attack you if you have a beard which in a way they are right but I'm not growing a molvi type beard anyway so I think I should be ok Insha'Allah.
Original post by Incredible97

Ah, thank you, i mean Jazak'Allah. :tongue:

It won't let me rep. :unimpressed:
Original post by I Procrastinate
Ah, thank you, i mean Jazak'Allah. :tongue:

It won't let me rep. :unimpressed:

Lol its okay.

Spoiler

Latest