The Student Room Group

Not feeling much affection from my girlfriend what do you think?

Basically im young and feel like im not enjoying my youth with my girlfriend enough in sexual ways, we have been together 5 years and ive gave her as much attention she wants both in the bedroom and out like fun days out meals or just nice thing and she enjoys them, also she enjoys all these times I dedicate days just fulfil her sexual desires full body massage with oils, candles and then ending in an orgasm but I will not ask for anything after JUST for her and I get none of this back in anyway.

we have sex maybe once every month and that's the most and it starts to frustrate me until I have to tell her we haven't had sex in a while and its like I told her the worst news, ive asked if im doing anything wrong do i need to get fitter or do anything different and she says no im doing everything right she tells me what she enjoys and I do them and she loves it (when we get round to it) but she just says she just doesn't feel like it and she says she will always be this way. now if im in a long term relationship with someone I really like and enjoy time and sex with I kinda wish they would feel the same and I don't want to be looking back in 10 years when things are far worse but im too old to move on and to think maybe someone out there could have loved me better rather than receiving and not giving.

Its not just sex either I can't remember the last time she done something solely thinking of me to make me happy or just little favours, so what do you think am I being stupid is this normal should I be giving some much and getting so little even though I love her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ineedsomecookies
Basically im young and feel like im not enjoying my youth with my girlfriend enough in sexual ways, we have been together 5 years and ive gave her as much attention she wants both in the bedroom and out like fun days out meals or just nice thing and she enjoys them, also she enjoys all these times I dedicate days just fulfil her sexual desires full body massage with oils, candles and then ending in an orgasm but I will not ask for anything after JUST for her and I get none of this back in anyway.

we have sex maybe once every month and that's the most and it starts to frustrate me until I have to tell her we haven't had sex in a while and its like I told her the worst news, ive asked if im doing anything wrong do i need to get fitter or do anything different and she says no im doing everything right she tells me what she enjoys and I do them and she loves it (when we get round to it) but she just says she just doesn't feel like it and she says she will always be this way. now if im in a long term relationship with someone I really like and enjoy time and sex with I kinda wish they would feel the same and I don't want to be looking back in 10 years when things are far worse but im too old to move on and to think maybe someone out there could have loved me better rather than receiving and not giving.

Its not just sex either I can't remember the last time she done something solely thinking of me to make me happy or just little favours, so what do you think am I being stupid is this normal should I be giving some much and getting so little even though I love her?

Break up with her. Relationships are about give and take. She has give if she wants to take. Maybe she is bored of the relationship. Please break up with her and find happiness, She sounds like a manipulative ******
Reply 2
everything you just said, say it to her so she knows how you feel because it clearly isnt fair
You've been a really good partner to your girlfriend and she is a very lucky girl. But if you're not happy with the amount of (or lack of) attention and thought she is giving you then you really should tell her how you're feeling. Maybe she doesn't realise that she's not doing enough to make you feel appreciated?

Once you've spoken to her, if nothing changes then hold back some of the things you do for her, not in a playing games kind of way, but in a way that shows you are not willing to give without receiving every now and then. Otherwise its highly unbalanced and unfair.

It might just be that you're not sexually compatible either, it depends whether you can live with only having sex once a month or if the relationship makes up for it in other ways.

Good luck :smile: x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was going to say pussy is pussy. I would say keep ****ing that pussy as much as possible while trying to get some new fresh pussy.
Original post by College_Dropout
I was going to say pussy is pussy. I would say keep ****ing that pussy as much as possible while trying to get some new fresh pussy.

Agreed. As soon as he finds someone then dump this unappreciated girl
Yes I have told her and she doesnt see it as unfair rather that sex is unnecessary and fun things are better and I do fun things with her, I wanted to see the opinions of other girls, am I wanting sex too much (which tbh I dont want it that much but after months it starts to get frustating) or I this just how it is?

Also im not gonna cheat I would rather try to sort it out with her as I have loved her for 5 years and mindless sex not the answer for me.
When you say you get nothing in return, what other things would you want besides sex? She is spending time with you on days out etc so, like you, she is giving in this way. Some guys think the days out etc are just for the girlfriend but they are for the boyfriend too.. unless you dont like them. If you want more sex then tell her she probably assumes that you are ok without it. In fact show her this thread.
Original post by bittr n swt

It sounds like she appreciates him.. She seems to spend a lot of time with him, its just sex she could give more of but he needs to be clear with her..
..And then there's me..single pringle..who would like a chap (and daily doses of sex), but can't find a decent guy in my hometown! Oh the lols :cool:
I enjoy the days out yes and do them for both our enjoyment and sometimes just for her enjoyment or I will do kind things she has a demanding dog which requires long walks and I allways offer to take him out so she can relax but she never goes out her way for things like that and I have told her all this and that is why im seeing other peoples opinions im not happy but still love her
She doesn't appreciate you, it seem as though you like her more than she likes you. She makes no effort, wow (not only sex, but other things you mentioned). Regarding sex, maybe she just doesn't enjoy it frequently or is asexual. Maybe she doesn't have a high sex drive. Nothing is stopping her from spoiling you and taking you out/showing you how much she cares about you.

I would have dumped her 3-4 years ago.

Instead,why doesn't he just do the right thing and dump her instead of using her for sex until he finds someone else.
Original post by queen-bee
Instead,why doesn't he just do the right thing and dump her instead of using her for sex until he finds someone else.

Lol there is no right or wrong thing. I don't think it's wrong yeah it's pretty **** but it's not wrong imo. Relationship is doomed
Original post by SophiaLDN
She doesn't appreciate you, it seem as though you like her more than she likes you. She makes no effort, wow (not only sex, but other things you mentioned). Regarding sex, maybe she just doesn't enjoy it frequently or is asexual. Maybe she doesn't have a high sex drive. Nothing is stopping her from spoiling you and taking you out/showing you how much she cares about you.

I would have dumped her 3-4 years ago.

This. It's always the boring girls who end up in relationships, YET the fun, lively ones struggle. But the men just seem to stick around in said boring relationships and then moan! Grow some balls OP, and ditch her and find someone else more deserving of you.
Original post by DancinBallerina
..And then there's me..single pringle..who would like a chap (and daily doses of sex), but can't find a decent guy in my hometown! Oh the lols :cool:

Are you trying yo atttract OP? :colondollar:
Original post by Ineedsomecookies
Yes I have told her and she doesnt see it as unfair rather that sex is unnecessary and fun things are better and I do fun things with her, I wanted to see the opinions of other girls, am I wanting sex too much (which tbh I dont want it that much but after months it starts to get frustating) or I this just how it is?

Also im not gonna cheat I would rather try to sort it out with her as I have loved her for 5 years and mindless sex not the answer for me.

Its not only sex you want more of though is it? Make it clear to her that the amount of effort you put in is just not being reciprocated and its not balanced. Both people have to put the effort in with a relationship.
You're not wanting sex too much either! I'm a girl and once a week is minimum for us really. But that also depends on whether you do other sexual things during the month too. Sometimes its nice to wait and do other things instead.
Its not all about sex in a relationship, but it is natural to need and want it.
Original post by Juichiro
Are you trying yo atttract OP? :colondollar:

Lol Not in the slightest, just voicing my opinion & how I feel at the moment in terms of dating and men, or lack thereof I should say. :colondollar:
Original post by purplelamp
Its not only sex you want more of though is it? Make it clear to her that the amount of effort you put in is just not being reciprocated and its not balanced. Both people have to put the effort in with a relationship.
You're not wanting sex too much either! I'm a girl and once a week is minimum for us really. But that also depends on whether you do other sexual things during the month too. Sometimes its nice to wait and do other things instead.
Its not all about sex in a relationship, but it is natural to need and want it.

Yeh I dont want sex to be a problem I feel bad when it is and having to talk to her about it feels horrible she has no problems when she wants it she gets anytime including other things, and when I want it i feel like oliver twist asking for more
Lol there is no right or wrong thing. I don't think it's wrong yeah it's pretty **** but it's not wrong imo. Relationship is doomed

If she wont have sex then how is he supposed to use her for it? The fear of being used is the reason i wait a while before sex in relationships. Then if its only sex they were after, well at least I enjoyed some days out lol.

I know the Op's situation is different tho, he's been with her ages. Either way there are plenty girls wanting one night stands, why not have sex with them instead of using people. : /

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending