The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HowayGuapa
People that have been to Sheffield, did anyone get a bus from Sheffield train station to the department of human communication? Their website has no information about public transport and I do not trust google maps anyway for buses!!

Last year I took a taxi from the station but caught the tram back - tram stops at the actual train station but it was a short walk down the hill from the uni to the tram stop
Reply 1281
Original post by Savyannah
Starting to get worried now as within 4 days of sending my UCAS off I got an offer from Sheffield for speech science and a rejection for SLT from Reading but got offered language science and psychology instead, so far have't got any for actual SLT and starting to wonder if I will :s-smilie: starting to think the a levels i'm doing aren't want they are wanting compared to other students :s-smilie:

What A levels are you doing? It might be worth emailing the universities and just asking why you got rejected for SLT but accepted onto other courses. All the best!
Original post by HowayGuapa
People that have been to Sheffield, did anyone get a bus from Sheffield train station to the department of human communication? Their website has no information about public transport and I do not trust google maps anyway for buses!!

The nearest tram stop is 'University of Sheffield' on Upper Hanover Street about five minutes away. The nearest bus stop is outside the children's hospital on Western Bank just a minute away. If you want specific directions see if there are any for Weston Park Museum as the School is directly behind that.

To be honest, unless it is chucking it down, one of the nice things about going to interviews is going to new cities you have probably never visited before and the best way to do that is on foot. The School is only like a mile and a half from the train station.
Original post by LT1508
I sent off my application at the end of November and haven't heard a single thing from Reading!! I am slightly worried now as it has been quite a while! Do you know if they do it in stages or anything? It's been about 10 weeks now and i'm getting rather stressed about it!

I got an offer two days ago. But I applied last year too and they didn't reply until two weeks after the deadline so who knows?
Original post by LT1508
Do we need to take anything with us for the interview at DMU? Like identification documents or anything like that?

We need 1 form of ID, the originals and photocopies of GCSE (etc.) certificates, and Declaration Form 1a (criminal convictions form)
Reply 1285
Original post by rhimair
We need 1 form of ID, the originals and photocopies of GCSE (etc.) certificates, and Declaration Form 1a (criminal convictions form)

I don't have the criminal convictions form.. did it get sent to us? :confused::confused:
Original post by LT1508
I don't have the criminal convictions form.. did it get sent to us? :confused::confused:

Yeah it's in the email, it was linked to us :smile:
Reply 1287
Original post by JordanC55
Yeah it's in the email, it was linked to us :smile:

Thank you SO much! You're a life saver!!
Original post by evantej

To be honest, unless it is chucking it down, one of the nice things about going to interviews is going to new cities you have probably never visited before and the best way to do that is on foot. The School is only like a mile and a half from the train station.

I agree. You could just walk through town and up West Street, it shouldn't take more than 20ish minutes (do calculate some extra time though).

Alternatively, bus 95 from the interchange (next to to train station) also goes directly up to uni, the stop just past the Arts Tower (tallest building) is near Mushroom lane and just a 5 min walk from the department.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I am just wondering for those of you who applied late like myself (11th Jan), have any of you heard back yet? I applied to BCU, UEA, Marjon, Ulster and ..... Leeds.
Original post by LT1508

Original post by rhimair

Are you both AM or PM?
Original post by JordanC55
Are you both AM or PM?

I'm AM :smile: You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I emailed Manchester met to ask how my application is going as it seems everyone from my interview group have received their decisions. They said my application is on hold and they will update track as soon as the tutor has made a decision. So currently I am in the maybe pile then lol. I thought as much but I just want to be put out of my mysery!
Original post by nesca89
I emailed Manchester met to ask how my application is going as it seems everyone from my interview group have received their decisions. They said my application is on hold and they will update track as soon as the tutor has made a decision. So currently I am in the maybe pile then lol. I thought as much but I just want to be put out of my mysery!

Hopefully not another long week. Fingers crossed for positive news soon!
Original post by shropshirelass51
Hopefully not another long week. Fingers crossed for positive news soon!

Thank you :smile:
Original post by nesca89

OMG how frustrating for you! I hope they let you know soon
Original post by madagascar
OMG how frustrating for you! I hope they let you know soon

I know! I kind of had a feeling they were unsure of me and waiting for the rest of the interviews before making a decision. :frown: fingers crossed the waiting is worth it haha
Finally had a reply for SLT department of BCU telling me they processed it quickly and I should of heard by now, but when I spoke to admissions the other day, they said it's still in process 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsMoonie
Finally had a reply for SLT department of BCU telling me they processed it quickly and I should of heard by now, but when I spoke to admissions the other day, they said it's still in process 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

It makes you question the capabilities of some universities doesn't it! Hopefully you hear this week then
I'm phoning City again, wish me luck 😣

Quick Reply

Latest