http://www.teachit.co.uk/

The lifesaver of our department.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://www.teachit.co.uk/

The lifesaver of our department.

Looks good. Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

http://www.literacyshed.com

Lots of films, stories, pictures along with ideas to build lessons around them. For all ages, and very open so could easily adapt to older pupils.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for a job on the 13th of Jan and receieved this email from the head 18th Jan on a SUNDAY: "Thank you for your application I will contact you later this week with further details if you feel you would like to visit the school, please contact me and we can arrange that". The closing date on the website is 20th Feb. I was wondering if it is a mistake, and the date is supposed to be 20th Jan. What does this mean? Have I got an interview? Or do head teachers usually email "thank you"..why on a Sunday? (Like she went out of her way) I am confused,hopeful, anxious and happy all at the same time. Has this happened to anyone before?
Original post by camcam88
I applied for a job on the 13th of Jan and receieved this email from the head 18th Jan on a SUNDAY: "Thank you for your application I will contact you later this week with further details if you feel you would like to visit the school, please contact me and we can arrange that". The closing date on the website is 20th Feb. I was wondering if it is a mistake, and the date is supposed to be 20th Jan. What does this mean? Have I got an interview? Or do head teachers usually email "thank you"..why on a Sunday? (Like she went out of her way) I am confused,hopeful, anxious and happy all at the same time. Has this happened to anyone before?

Head teachers will likely be checking and sending emails every Sunday so that in itself is not unusual. I would try not to read too much in to it, its probably just that s/he knows other jobs may come up and wants you to know things are happening. It could mean many things though, so just continue as you would have. It doesn't mean you have an interview but it does sound promising :smile:

I'd also take her offer of a visit up if you have a chance, as it reflects well on you, gives you a chance to impress them and show your passion and gives you a chance to check out the school more!

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Having to miss uni days in the hope I'll feel better by Wednesday. After fainting on the stairs on Friday I've spent the weekend feeling like I've been hit with a bus. I have an awful rash all across my stomach and my headaches and muscle pains are awful.

As long as I'm partially alive by Wednesday I'll be okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Having to miss uni days in the hope I'll feel better by Wednesday. After fainting on the stairs on Friday I've spent the weekend feeling like I've been hit with a bus. I have an awful rash all across my stomach and my headaches and muscle pains are awful.

Get better soon
:hugs:
Original post by ParadoxSocks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hope you feel better soon!
Original post by kpwxx
http://www.literacyshed.com

Lots of films, stories, pictures along with ideas to build lessons around them. For all ages, and very open so could easily adapt to older pupils.

Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Anyone else regret doing their PGCE? I think I'm starting too. Got a paper due tomorrow done about half of it over the weekend and was planning to finish it off tonight; my laptop won't connect to the internet so can't do it :frown: I've also been feeling really anxious and been having trouble sleeping the last couple of weeks; and I feel that all I do is moan about my course to my mum and boyfriend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gemmam

Anyone else regret doing their PGCE? I think I'm starting too. Got a paper due tomorrow done about half of it over the weekend and was planning to finish it off tonight; my laptop won't connect to the internet so can't do it :frown: I've also been feeling really anxious and been having trouble sleeping the last couple of weeks; and I feel that all I do is moan about my course to my mum and boyfriend :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't like it, but I don't regret it because I didn't have an alternative and I'd probably be unemployed and feeling pretty crap if I didn't do it! I'm pretty certain I'm not going to go into teaching, but I'll be glad to get the qualification.

I do the same as you and moan to my mum and boyfriend. The poor people :lol: . Just think though, we are halfway through. Not long now! And you don't have to go into teaching if you don't want to.
Original post by Airfairy
I don't like it, but I don't regret it because I didn't have an alternative and I'd probably be unemployed and feeling pretty crap if I didn't do it! I'm pretty certain I'm not going to go into teaching, but I'll be glad to get the qualification.

I do the same as you and moan to my mum and boyfriend. The poor people :lol: . Just think though, we are halfway through. Not long now! And you don't have to go into teaching if you don't want to.

Yeah I think I'd probably be on the dole if I wasn't doing the PGCE too. I don't know what to do about this assignment; its for a presentation I'm doing Wednesday but I think the papers have to be handed in tomorrow. My course is so badly organised and I'm already behind cause I was signed off before Christmas so Im not entirely sure whats going on. I still want to get into teaching however I'm not enjoying the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

I don't want to sound like I'm being harsh but did you seriously do this because you couldn't get a job?
Original post by gemmam
Yeah I think I'd probably be on the dole if I wasn't doing the PGCE too. I don't know what to do about this assignment; its for a presentation I'm doing Wednesday but I think the papers have to be handed in tomorrow. My course is so badly organised and I'm already behind cause I was signed off before Christmas so Im not entirely sure whats going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My course is a bit of a mish mash too. Just think - this time next week it will be done though! I've just had one to hand in on Friday and it was a massive weight off to hand it in.

Original post by Bobble1987
I don't want to sound like I'm being harsh but did you seriously do this because you couldn't get a job?

I did. Well actually it's not that I couldn't get a job - I didn't try. But I did the sort of degree where I didn't know what I wanted to do after wards so I did a PGCE because I didn't know what else to do. Not a good reason, I know that, but not uncommon.
My course is a bit of a mish mash too. Just think - this time next week it will be done though! I've just had one to hand in on Friday and it was a massive weight off to hand it in.

I did. Well actually it's not that I couldn't get a job - I didn't try. But I did the sort of degree where I didn't know what I wanted to do after wards so I did a PGCE because I didn't know what else to do. Not a good reason, I know that, but not uncommon.

I won't be able to get it done for tomorrow though; Im worried I'm going to get into trouble. I've got all info I can from my books but its not enough. I only had a 1000 words left so I thought I could easily finish it off this evening. Wish I hadn't been so cocky :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is exactly why I don't think you should be allowed to do ITT straight from uni. Ridiculous!
This is exactly why I don't think you should be allowed to do ITT straight from uni. Ridiculous!

On the other hand, it's what I did and I'm just giving it up after 32 years.
I'm a PGCE student on her first placement. I've found a job I want to apply for in September but don't know what to write in my personal statement. Any advice?
Original post by gemmam
I won't be able to get it done for tomorrow though; Im worried I'm going to get into trouble. I've got all info I can from my books but its not enough. I only had a 1000 words left so I thought I could easily finish it off this evening. Wish I hadn't been so cocky :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You mean you're struggling for references?

There's quite a lot of mature students on my course and it's quite clear from talking to them that many of them got bored in their old careers and thought they'd give a pgce a bash - guaranteed loan and all. It's not only people fresh out of uni who do a pgce for the wrong reasons, you know.

For maths and sciences you have a large bursary pulling people in to the course even if they weren't initially interested. For things like English and history you find a lot of people who have slowly realised their degree has not left them overly employable, so they turn to a pgce, again tempted by the bursary.

There will always be people pulled into teaching for the wrong reasons. However, we have all had to go through the same application process and so are clearly able to demonstrate some enthusiasm to get on to the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
On the other hand, it's what I did and I'm just giving it up after 32 years.

I may br remembering incorrectly, but do you work in the private sector? I am thinking of applying for a job in a private school and was looking for some insight.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I may br remembering incorrectly, but do you work in the private sector? I am thinking of applying for a job in a private school and was looking for some insight.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I do, although I worked for 17 years in state schools before that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending