The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ko111
lol 4 people now Ash

:yy::biggrin:
Nouman Ali Khan

"Religious people are closed-minded, religious people are fanatical, they are intolerant, religious people can't take criticism, and they're not open to conversation. So if we get rid of religion, then we will have an open-minded society where people can think for themselves."

This accusation holds true for many religions that made their way throughout Europe. But the Islam that Allah gave His Messenger (salAllahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is the exact opposite of that. It's a religion that challenges and invites dialogue. "Bring forth your proof if you are truthful." [Surah al-Baqarah: 111]

Our Book, our Quran, doesn't just ask us to have faith. It challenges all criticisms. Collect them all together and bring them! This is what you call open-mindedness. They are saying that the solution is to get rid of religion. I am saying the solution is to bring the true religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tennumbers

SubhanAllah thats probably everyone on this thread. May Allah bless you all.

You too sis :jumphug:
Original post by Ankabout
Oh Sheikh Wikipedia, Mufti Google and Imam Facebook, teach me Islam. :toofunny:

lololol you alright di? :lol:
Original post by nasra muhidin
x

Assalam ul Alaikum and welcome to the Islamic society. :smile: Hope you enjoy.

Welcome drink for ya. :pepsi:
Original post by Mary562
So true indeed - I do it

I remember you're smile that day maryam :hugs:
Original post by Mary562
You too sis :jumphug:

Ameen :hugs:
lololol you alright di? :lol:

Lol! I thought I was being clever and witty. :biggrin:
Original post by Redwoods
Why do Islamic countries always produce the most sinister cultures?

Actually, ones with economic problems and lacking infrastructure are what produces sinister cultures nowadays; I would argue the West has the most sinister culture (in spite of what I said) because the West has enslaved the world, stolen resources and become wealthy off of others' backs, and now they have given up colonialism (albeit not imperialism really), they constantly act with double standards, spouting 'freedom!', 'women's rights!' and 'democracy!' at some countries and invading them when it suits them, and then propping up dictatorships elsewhere, and the people are either blind or approve of it... then they really rub it in by having the cheek to say 'look at these backwards backwards people! *snort* *scoff*'... Perhaps you'll be amongst those to appreciate the greatness and superiority of Western culture when you become legally able to bang animals like your German and other European brothers.
Remember you have a direct relationship with Allah... Never ever stop repenting to Allah. He will ALWAYS respond to you... 'And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of the supplicant when he calls upon Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided.' (Quran 2:186)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol! I thought I was being clever and witty. :biggrin:

You already are MashaAllah :biggrin:

btw you made my day by using the Pepsi emoticon.. I didn't know it existed. :cry2: :pepsi:
Original post by Zamestaneh
Actually, ones with economic problems and lacking infrastructure are what produces sinister cultures nowadays; I would argue the West has the most sinister culture (in spite of what I said) because the West has enslaved the world, stolen resources and become wealthy off of others' backs, and now they have given up colonialism (albeit not imperialism really), they constantly act with double standards, spouting 'freedom!', 'women's rights!' and 'democracy!' at some countries and invading them when it suits them, and then propping up dictatorships elsewhere, and the people are either blind or approve of it... then they really rub it in by having the cheek to say 'look at these backwards backwards people! *snort* *scoff*'... Perhaps you'll be amongst those to appreciate the greatness and superiority of Western culture when you become legally able to bang animals like your German and other European brothers.

:toofunny:

Well said :yy:
You already are MashaAllah :biggrin:

btw you made my day by using the Pepsi emoticon.. I didn't know it existed. :cry2: :pepsi:

Awww. :colondollar: I think I'll use the pepsi emoticon for all newbies on I-Soc to make them feel welcome you know. :biggrin:

SubhanAllah thats probably everyone on this thread. May Allah bless you all.

Ameen wa feeki barakAllah

Original post by ko111
lol 4 people now Ash

:lolwut:
‘Abdullaah Ibn ‘Urwah رحمه الله said:

“I asked my grandmother Asmaa رضي الله عنها , ‘How were the Companions of the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم when they recited the Quraan?‘ She replied, ‘Their eyes watered and their skins trembled just as Allaah has described them [in the Quraan].‘ "

[Ash-Shu'ab, p.1900]
Original post by K1NG93
:toofunny:

Well said :yy:

:colone:
Reply 1377
Original post by nasra muhidin
Thanks for the warm welcome������ i stumbled into it tonight and already addicted... Got to slp nw though..tc

i also don't know the group who reads it so it's making it difficult to search properly

Original post by ash92:)

:lolwut:

..dreaming about isoc.. nvm..
"Thus, while the reality of God is formally affirmed in the revivalist discourse, that experiential state of iman billah is entirely absent in which the faithful actually “see” God as the ultimate agent and final cause in both the inner and outer worlds. While the reality of life hereafter is formally affirmed, that experiential state of iman bil-ākhirah is completely lacking which alone allows the faithful to spend their lives as if they were merely strangers or wayfarers in this world.(...)

In a nutshell, only that level of faith is upheld in the revivalist interpretation of Islam that qualifies a person to be counted as a “Muslim” in the strictly legal sense of the term. Entirely absent is any mention of the inner experience that allows faith to become a person’s state of being. Indeed, there is not even the slightest awareness of its need and indispensability."

[Dr Israr Ahmed رحمه الله on the situation of Islamic socio-political revivalist movements, Islamic Renaissance: the task ahead Ch.7]
Awww. :colondollar: I think I'll use the pepsi emoticon for all newbies on I-Soc to make them feel welcome you know. :biggrin:

heheh good idea! :biggrin: I'll bully them and steal the Pepsi. :innocent:

Latest

Trending

Trending