The Student Room Group

Are you cynical of your phone/laptops's camera?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I sometimes do as well xD.
I pity the guy who has to monitor my internet activity.
If you have nothing to hide then what is the problem?
Unless a third party manages to hack your webcam n record you
This is by no means unheard of, doesn't need to be a government. I put a bit of blu tack on mine.
Original post by Obiejess
You're paranoid. What on earth would the government want with you?

They'd have to be pretty stupid to answer that one honestly, wouldn't they? :smile:

If Snowden told us anything, it was that governments want as much data as they can get their hands on.
Yey, the camera's covered with blue tac on my laptop. I don't know if it's paranoid or not but I guess I am quite paranoid in general. When I'm walking down the street and I see a van I fear that I'm going to be abducted so I usually cross the street to avoid it even if there's no one in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
This is by no means unheard of, doesn't need to be a government. I put a bit of blu tack on mine.

Original post by channies
Yey, the camera's covered with blue tac on my laptop. I don't know if it's paranoid or not but I guess I am quite paranoid in general. When I'm walking down the street and I see a van I fear that I'm going to be abducted so I usually cross the street to avoid it even if there's no one in it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Doesn't it stick to the keyboard when you shut the lid?

Proper crazy people in this thread
Original post by Master Jack
Doesn't it stick to the keyboard when you shut the lid?

Proper crazy people in this thread

Yes it does but it's a sacrifice I am willing to make

Posted from TSR Mobile
To a certain extent, yes. I watched "Cyberbully" on channel 5 the other day and it did exactly this. Someone hacked a computer and it allowed them to see the user through the webcam and listen to them through the microphone...weird.
Nah, not really.

If anyone were to bother they'd get sick of the sight of me anyway. "On that bloody laptop again?!"
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
To a certain extent, yes. I watched "Cyberbully" on channel 5 the other day and it did exactly this. Someone hacked a computer and it allowed them to see the user through the webcam and listen to them through the microphone...weird.

And hack her phone. Honestly it's virtually rare to ever encounter anyone capable of pulling this off least of all someone who is working alone. The media makes it seems easy to hack in most cases it's not

Quick Reply

Latest