The Student Room Group

Most epic people in history?

Scroll to see replies

Most epic people (my list):
Edward I (even though he was a bit of a git)
Ingolfa Arnarson
Boudicca
Isabella II
Tolkien
Baybars
Genghis Khan
Ali
Hobbits.
Prophet Muhammad sa
Prophet Jesus as
Prophet Moses as
Aristotle
Plato
Cleopetra
Napolean
Hitler
Stalin
Alexander the Great
Julius Caesar
Malcolm X
Ali
JRR Tolkein
John Lennon
Putin.
Nicholas Tsar II, Adolf Hitler, Napoléon Bonaparte, Nikola Tesla, Vladamir Putin.
Reply 68
tsr
MLK...
Oskar Schindler
Original post by House.Of.Romanov
Nicholas Tsar II, Adolf Hitler, Napoléon Bonaparte, Nikola Tesla, Vladamir Putin.

As if Hitler did anything right. His empire lasted a grand total of 12 years, and he ruined the concept of nationalism for everyone.

Genghis Khan is where it's at.
Reply 72
There are plenty of incredible people who we've probably never heard of. Of those I have heard of:

* Mahatma Gandhi - advocate for nonviolence and a vegetarian
* Paul Dirac - brilliant scientist.
* Albert Einstein - brilliant scientist
* Isaac Asimov - extremely intelligent, prolific writer.
* Cesar Chavez - nonviolence advocate and a vegan
Reply 73
There are many people who left a remarkable mark in history but if I would have to name one, I would first of all go with Prophet Muhammad(pbuh). It is because he was a prophet in all spheres, be it life, science, law etc etc. What he said so many years ago is still valid today and is being proven right by science as well.

Then, I would name Mahatma Gandhi. He was a man of principles. He ended colonialism in India without the use of any force. He followed non violence and Satyagraha. He fought not only for Indians but for Africans also who were suffering from the injustice of aparthied.

Then I would go with King Akbar. He was the one who united India irrespective of class, creed, relegion etc. After so many disturbing years India experienced unity under a commen supreme rule.

I think that Jane Austen should also be included in the list. It is because she dared to right about strong and determined women in those times when women were thought of as mere objects. She never travelled too far but her books never reflected this thing, instead they always proved her intellegence and talent

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Grantland
As if Hitler did anything right. His empire lasted a grand total of 12 years, and he ruined the concept of nationalism for everyone.

Genghis Khan is where it's at.

Although Genghis Khan actually killed more people than Hitler, if you don't count all those who died in the Asian theatre of World War 2 (which was Japan's fault).

For me: Homer, William the Conqueror, Robert Bruce.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 75
Original post by oligarch
Who do you think were the most epic people in history.

Personally I think Judge James McReynolds and President Andrew Jackson.

1. Augustus Caesar

2. Alexander the Great

3. Bismarck

4. Napoleon.
Jack the Ripper. Killed five prostitutes in White Chapel, he was never caught, never punished. A horrible act and an incredible crime, worth to be mentioned.
I nominate (in no particular oder):

Marcus Aurelius, 16th emperor of the Roman Empire
Claus Philipp Maria, Schenk Graf von Stauffenberg (plus in supporting roles Hans Oster, Henning von Tresckow, Ludwig Beck, Werner von Haeften, Erwin von Witzleben, Friedrich Olbricht, Helmuth James Graf von Moltke)
Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton
Henry VIII, he was pretty epic in more ways than one :tongue: It depends upon what you'd define as epic though.
Colonel Redl - epic double agent who sold Austria (his own country) out in WW1. Responsible for over 1.4m deaths. Epic in a interesting bad way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending