The Student Room Group

2015 Summer Australia Travelling??

Hello!
I'm half aware that other threads probably answer all these questions but as I'm new to The Student Room I'm very confused at where to start haha!
Basically, I'm graduating from Uni this year and was thinking of spending some time travelling during Summer before them impending doom of looking for a full time job... I was thinking of Australia and would like to go for 4-6 weeks... I don't think this is a long time but as I'm new to travelling alone I wanted to start with baby steps
My question is, is this long enough to spend somewhere so far away and if so, is it possible to get a job (bar work etc) for this short space of time or do employers not really want to hire someone just for a few weeks?
If anyone has had any experience of this type of travelling I'd love to hear about your time and would really appreciate the help!!
Thanks a lot in advance! xo
Reply 1
Original post by catbakerx

My question is, is this long enough to spend somewhere so far away and if so, is it possible to get a job (bar work etc) for this short space of time or do employers not really want to hire someone just for a few weeks?

I reckon you'll find it extremely difficult to find any employnent.. let alone the mythical bar work.. when youre only there for such a short amount of time. Will you also be getting the working holiday visa? Its fairly expensive considering youre only going on a longish holiday but required if you want to work.

Also how would they pay you? Going to set up an australian bank account? What would you use as mailing address etc?

Quick Reply

Latest