The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I didn't realize 2 threads on TSR represented the opinions of an entire group of people.
Reply 2
Original post by kurofune
I didn't realize 2 threads on TSR represented the opinions of an entire group of people.

It's clearly more widespread than just two people on the threads.
Original post by Groot
It's clearly more widespread than just two people on the threads.

Clearly? Can you demonstrate that?
I'm not trolling you, but you're making very sweeping statements, so I'd like to see how you came to your conclusion.
Original post by Groot
Why do middle eastern people generally want to date white people so much?

Recent threads:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=52997371
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3092611

Are they a tad racist inside? Or maybe it's just insecurities.

You'll find that that really isn't the case with the majority or middle Eastern girls but the ones who are desperate for them or have a long history of dating white guys maybe just want to feel more accepted.
Also colour means everything to some Middle Eastern girls.
Since when were Pakistani people considered to be Middle Eastern? A couple of thirst threads on TSR & you think an entire group of people are racist/ insecure? Incredible.
(edited 9 years ago)
Not the first time I've seen such a sweeping statement.

I fail to see it but is there a problem with others having an opinion on who they are attracted to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Theres lots of races which have sub demographics who pretty much worship white people and see it as some sort of achievement to have a white partner. ( some east asians, some south asians, some black people, some middle eastern etc)

Theres lots of potential answers and explanations for this but that's for another thread.
They're attracted to them, maybe?
Not true, you can't generalise an entire ethnic group. I'm middle eastern and White people aren't my cup of tea. Btw Pakistan is in South Asia, not Middle East.
Original post by SophiaLDN
Since when were Pakistani people considered to be Middle Eastern? A couple of thirst threads on TSR & you think an entire group of people are racist/ insecure? Incredible.

Original post by kurofune

Original post by queen-bee
You'll find that that really isn't the case with the majority or middle Eastern girls but the ones who are desperate for them or have a long history of dating white guys maybe just want to feel more accepted.
Also colour means everything to some Middle Eastern girls.

Original post by RosyPearl
Not true, you can't generalise an entire ethnic group. I'm middle eastern and White people aren't my cup of tea. Btw Pakistan is in South Asia, not Middle East.

It's true. I've lived in the emirates for more than 10 years and I can tell you that white people are put on a pedestal because they're seen as more attractive. The lighter skin is also seen as a big selling point. Middle eastern people are really backwards and they even have a caste system.

The ones that live here bring their backwards idealism with them and at uni the middle eastern guys I know always hit on white girls never black or middle eastern or asian.

very backwards indeed
Original post by Master Jack
It's true. I've lived in the emirates for more than 10 years and I can tell you that white people are put on a pedestal because they're seen as more attractive. The lighter skin is also seen as a big selling point. Middle eastern people are really backwards and they even have a caste system.

The ones that live here bring their backwards idealism with them and at uni the middle eastern guys I know always hit on white girls never black or middle eastern or asian.

very backwards indeed

Caste system? What are you smoking? Firstly islam forbids such thing and secondly that's not in our culture, you are confusing us with South Asians.

Also who's to say white people aren't as shallow? A lot of them slap on fake tan to look darker, why is that? Are they ashamed of their colour?

Btw guys will hit on any girl with a pulse. Only yesterday I was on the train and this white guy kept staring at me and when I looked at him he started winking non stop and blowing me kisses, I found that really creepy but I won't generalise and say all white guys are perverts.

very backwards indeed

This. How can people not know this? :nah:
Caste system? What are you smoking? Firstly islam forbids such thing and secondly that's not in our culture, you are confusing us with South Asians.

Also who's to say white people aren't as shallow? A lot of them slap on fake tan to look darker, why is that? Are they ashamed of their colour?

Btw guys will hit on any girl with a pulse. Only yesterday I was on the train and this white guy kept staring at me and when I looked at him he started winking non stop and blowing me kisses, I found that really creepy but I won't generalise and say all white guys are perverts.

Middle eastern people are very culture oriented and as I'm sure you know if you're middle eastern certain cultural things trump islamic teachings. Also the really rich middle eastern countries (the ones I'm talking about and seen firsthand like emirates/qatar etc..) love to see themselves as progressive and one way they do this is by appeasing white people and also sheding their islamic faith. Go to a mall in dubai and you'll see plenty of middle eastern chicks without the hijab and over here in the UK it's much worse they drink, and smoke the sheesha and have full on relationships many aren't even virgins.

You're out of touch with what's going on in today's middle east.
Middle eastern people are very culture oriented and as I'm sure you know if you're middle eastern certain cultural things trump islamic teachings. Also the really rich middle eastern countries (the ones I'm talking about and seen firsthand like emirates/qatar etc..) love to see themselves as progressive and one way they do this is by appeasing white people and also sheding their islamic faith. Go to a mall in dubai and you'll see plenty of middle eastern chicks without the hijab and over here in the UK it's much worse they drink, and smoke the sheesha and have full on relationships many aren't even virgins.

You're out of touch with what's going on in today's middle east.

You're talking about the gulf Arabs, the Middle East stretches from Egypt to Iran. Not all are culture oriented, because Levantine Arabs (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan and Palestine) aren't as cultural and conservative as the gulf Arabs. But I do agree with this post! I've seen a lot of the hypocrisy and the double standards they bring but we cannot generalise everyone. They behave like this because they follow their backward culture instead of their religion and all their actions aren't Islamic even if they claim to be Muslims.

Come on,you have to admit that White supremacy does exist in the Middle East? I'm also an arab

Do you wear a burka/hijab?
Original post by queen-bee
Come on,you have to admit that White supremacy does exist in the Middle East? I'm also an arab

Lol everyone knows this, wow people are in suuuch denial :facepalm:
Original post by pocahontas lol
Lol everyone knows this, wow people are in suuuch denial :facepalm:

Are you an arab?
OP does not understand Pakistan is in south east asia. Arghhh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending