The Student Room Group

Why do so many people have a problem with controlled immigration???

I see so many people being anti-UKIP, calling them "racist" when their policy is exactly the same as Australia's immigration system- only admit those who can benefit society. Do the Australians get called racist? Nope, so why are UKIP???

Tell me what is wrong with being in charge of who we admit to this country? In fact, I think any body who argues against being in control of your own immigration must have an IQ of 2!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billydisco
I see so many people being anti-UKIP, calling them "racist" when their policy is exactly the same as Australia's immigration system- only admit those who can benefit society. Do the Australians get called racist? Nope, so why are UKIP???

Tell me what is wrong with being in charge of who we admit to this country? In fact, I think any body who argues against being in control of your own immigration must have an IQ of 2!

Because some people are thick. Nothing wrong or racist about wanting a controlled immigration policy.

The Australians are pretty racist.

If this whole 'immigration' thing were rephrased as 'population growth' I think discussions would probably get derailed less by accusations of xenophobia. I think the population growth is the real issue.
No one has a problem with controlled immigration, what people have a problem with is farage claiming immigrants from Romania worse than those from Germany like his good wife. We either reduce immigrants and take the ones with the skills we need or stop it all together. No favoritism. No xenophobia.
Reply 4
Original post by golden tribe
No one has a problem with controlled immigration, what people have a problem with is farage claiming immigrants from Romania worse than those from Germany like his good wife. We either reduce immigrants and take the ones with the skills we need or stop it all together. No favoritism. No xenophobia.

Why would an immigrant from Romania be exactly the same as one from Germany when they are different countries with totally different cultures?
Because they want to engulf Britain into a non-White majority. If they could have Britain without the Indigenous population they'd have it tomorrow. When does a multiculturalist stop asking for migration or 'diversity'? When there are 0 white people left.
Because they think it's racist but it's not racist that Europeans are made foreigners in their own homeland. Talk about double standards, but I wont say it's from the left given we've had countless lying conservative leaders in power.Who came up with multiculturalism anyway? let me guess not White people.
Reply 7
its a great policy
Because the power structure desperately wants to keep power, so it demonises threats like Ukip with the usual tactics.

Unfortunately, most people are sheep and just parrot what the media says.
Original post by ReligionIsPoison
We damn well should favourite specific groups of immigrants of others. European immigrants are preferable to Pakistani immigrants for obvious reasons

We should always favourite specific groups of immigrants!

Such a pity the british did not feel that when they were going to other peoples land or asking those Pakistani l/ Indians to help them defeat their European neighbors in 1940
When "controlled immigration" is your main policy, your selling point so to speak.. it means you pin the blame for the country's problems on regular people, while making a special distinction for people who look a bit different and speak a different language.

The amount of financial inequality and political corruption amongst elite classes is disgusting. If your main worry is people moving about on a spherical rock in infinite space then your priorites are wrong
Opinions matter, so here's mine.

If you have the skills that we need,
you already have sponsorship and are willing to work, and you're law abiding, then you should have a place here.

I believe Refusal of Asylum needs to be overhauled and re-thought.
Immigration control should exist within the current system of separate nation states. Free movement of humans is a liberal idea. Not practical at the moment.

Liberals are pillocks
Not a problem per se; it's just that nearly always, the motivations of people behind the policy are racist.

For example.

The following posts are racist:

Why would an immigrant from Romania be exactly the same as one from Germany when they are different countries with totally different cultures?

Original post by Catholic_
Because they want to engulf Britain into a non-White majority. If they could have Britain without the Indigenous population they'd have it tomorrow. When does a multiculturalist stop asking for migration or 'diversity'? When there are 0 white people left.

Original post by Starvin Marvin
Because they think it's racist but it's not racist that Europeans are made foreigners in their own homeland. Talk about double standards, but I wont say it's from the left given we've had countless lying conservative leaders in power.Who came up with multiculturalism anyway? let me guess not White people.

The following posts are not racist:

Original post by Balloon Baboon
Opinions matter, so here's mine.

If you have the skills that we need,
you already have sponsorship and are willing to work, and you're law abiding, then you should have a place here.

I believe Refusal of Asylum needs to be overhauled and re-thought.

Original post by saayagain
Immigration control should exist within the current system of separate nation states. Free movement of humans is a liberal idea. Not practical at the moment.

Liberals are pillocks

See the difference?

Not necessarily. There are plenty of people out there that benefit from relaxed immigration controls. EG: Business owners.

Larger population = Larger market = More consumers = More money.

Original post by Hachik0
Because some people are thick. Nothing* wrong or racist about wanting a controlled immigration policy.

*inherently

I don't think that UKIPs immigration policy is racist, but when I see people say stuff like this:

...eyebrows are raised when I see the words ''immigration control''.
Original post by gladders
Not a problem per se; it's just that nearly always, the motivations of people behind the policy are racist.

For example.

The following posts are racist:

The following posts are not racist:

See the difference?

No, neither posts spout hatred against any particular group. So you're the racist.

How can it be racist to claim people want immigration to suppress the nations homogeneity? I'm standing up against racism. If my post is 'racist', every Muslim post which claims the media is against them/Mass institutional racism in society is also racist. Double standard fairy.
No, neither posts spout hatred against any particular group. So you're the racist.

Your other points aside, claiming you're not racist doesn't in any way automatically make the accuser racist.

How can it be racist to claim people want immigration to suppress the nations homogeneity? I'm standing up against racism.

Let's look at your own post:

Because they want to engulf Britain into a non-White majority.

This implies that non-Whites are something undesirable, as if they are 'other' from Whites. A classic racist assumption.

If they could have Britain without the Indigenous population they'd have it tomorrow.

Who would? Non-whites?

Assigning a collective viewpoint to a whole group of people is a racist thing to do.

When does a multiculturalist stop asking for migration or 'diversity'? When there are 0 white people left.

Assuming that only non-Whites favour multiculturalism and diversity (assuming for a moment that you and I would actually agree on what it is), is a racist assumption.

Again, assuming that non-Whites are different, and should be treated differently, and that Whites have some kind of special right to be in the majority, are racist assumptions.

If my post is 'racist', every Muslim post which claims the media is against them/Mass institutional racism in society is also racist. Double standard fairy.

If there are any (I haven't read any on this board, just by the by), that's not racism, that's paranoia. If a Muslim claimed all Whites were out to get Muslims, and that Muslims should fight back, that would be a different story. But even then, only that Muslim could be accused, not the whole lot.
I like the current open door policy with the EU. It allows me to swan off to the Alps every couple of years to get paid for serving coffee, skiing and butchering the French language.

Also, the work ethic of many migrants sets a good example to British workers. Many of those who want to limit immigration want a protectionist utopia where you get a job simply because you are British. I prefer a competitive labour market.
The UK already has controlled immigration. There's been a points-based system for years.

In terms of the EU, it's a two-way street. Kick out all the folks who come here from the EU looking to work, and get back the thousands and thousands of OAPs sitting on their arses in Spain atm. The NHS would have a meltdown.
Original post by Quantex
I like the current open door policy with the EU. It allows me to swan off to the Alps every couple of years to get paid for serving coffee, skiing and butchering the French language.

Also, the work ethic of many migrants sets a good example to British workers. Many of those who want to limit immigration want a protectionist utopia where you get a job simply because you are British. I prefer a competitive labour market.

Completely agree with both of those.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending