The Student Room Group

Deadly gun attack in Paris: Global reactions & discussion

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by MrBiology
Oh except what Europe and America does is that they infiltrate countries in the middle east, completely obliterate them, and then leave them to their own devices. How am I racist exactly? You are openly supporting the discrimination and ridicule of 2 billion individuals around the globe. While you're not technically being 'racist' because no race is involved, you are being - in a slang sense, 'racist'. Europe is the biggest terrorist of all time, so when people whom Europeans and Americans have been oppressing and terrorising for hundreds of years start getting pissed you can't exactly blame them. These charlie people were begging for this tohappen, they knew Muslims would react this way. Its their own fault and to be honest they need to stop poking Muslims begging for this to happen. But ofcourse you wouldn't know what it means to have your country stripped away from you

The Kouachi brothers were born and raised in France, it has nothing to do with the wars in the Middle-East. :rolleyes:
Oh except what Europe and America does is that they infiltrate countries in the middle east, completely obliterate them, and then leave them etc etc
yes, and don't forget Sykes-Picot, or the Crusades, or the fall of Al-Andalus etc etc
Original post by mariachi
yes, and don't forget Sykes-Picot, or the Crusades, or the fall of Al-Andalus etc etc

You officially proved that you are retarded, good job. I was talking about the 21st century, don't try to ridicule me you simple minded ignorant excuse of a human. I love how you defend discriminatory action against Muslims calling it freedom of speech but start raging when I say 'noone cares unless the person who died is white' and label me a racist. Love the double standards, it's a real strength! Now go back to the burrow you live in and don't come out until all Muslims are dead because they're all dangerous and are all masturbating the thought of chopping an 'infidels' head off
retarded, (...) you simple minded ignorant excuse of a human.
and a very good day to you, also, dear friend
Original post by Good bloke
So which country were you living in when it was stripped away from you by Europeans?

Iraq was stripped away from me and millions of other people because of what America and the EU did. They took a stable country, invaded it, killed hundreds of thousands of people and left it unstable enough to create a breeding ground for organization's such as ISIS.
Iraq was stripped away from me and millions of other people because of what America and the EU did. They took a stable country, invaded it, killed hundreds of thousands of people and left it unstable enough to create a breeding ground for organization's such as ISIS.

Were you living there at the time?
and a very good day to you, also, dear friend

Keep your passive aggressive comments to yourself and actually try to argue with me without labelling me racist and trying to make fun of what im saying
Keep your passive aggressive comments to yourself
OK

then, have a very bad day, dear friend.

Happy ?
Were you living there at the time?

Born there till 2004, when I moved to Norway. I have nothing but respect for norway because they didn't get involved in the war. Let's say I didn't live there at the time, the country my parents, grand parents and so on lived in is Iraq and when someone destroys the country your roots are established it, you're not going to love the country that did it
OK

then, have a very bad day, dear friend.

Happy ?

Ecstatic :wink:
Keep your passive aggressive comments to yourself and actually try to argue with me without labelling me racist and trying to make fun of what im saying

Yet you were aggressive in your insults when you called him:

simple minded ignorant excuse of a human

and

retarded

Do you always operate double standards? Are you always this aggressive?
Yet you were aggressive in your insults when you called him:

and

Do you always operate double standards? Are you always this aggressive?

Firstly I believe 'maria' qualifies for a girls name and not a guys name

Secondly, I never said I wasn't aggressive, I just told her to quit being passive aggressive meaning your 'double standards' comment went straight through me

Thirdly, I do get aggressive when someone labels me a racist and ridicules my arguments without any basis.
Reply 1412

Born there till 2004, when I moved to Norway. I have nothing but respect for norway because they didn't get involved in the war. Let's say I didn't live there at the time, the country my parents, grand parents and so on lived in is Iraq and when someone destroys the country your roots are established it, you're not going to love the country that did it

France didn't invade Irak. So the terrorist attacks aren't related. :rolleyes:
Original post by Josb
France didn't invade Irak. So the terrorist attacks aren't related. :rolleyes:

Tell me, did you actually read the start of the argument? I can bet on the fact that you didn't. We were discussing how noone gives a crap about any of the people dying in africa (2500 in Nigeria two weeks ago) or in the middle east (hundreds everyday) but rather focus on 12 dead people in France. Please read the start of the argument before disregarding my comments. Also, France was one of the biggest contributors in the invasion of Iraq, so if did express hatred for France(which I did not) then it would've been justified anyway.
the country my parents, grand parents and so on lived in is Iraq and when someone destroys the country your roots are established it, you're not going to love the country that did it

Iraq is still there and there is no reason why your family should not return there. Unless, of course, it played a part in running the old Saddam Hussein regime, in which case not many people will have any sympathy for you (indeed, most would feel you are lucky to be given asylum by a European country).

Firstly I believe 'maria' qualifies for a girls name and not a guys name

How is that relevant? The member you were responding to is named Mariachi, not Maria.
(edited 9 years ago)
Iraq is still there and there is no reason why your family should not return there. Unless, of course, it played a part in running the old Saddam Hussein regime, in which case not many people will have any sympathy for you (indeed, most would feel you are lucky to be given asylum by a European country).

I'm going to assume you're british. Let's say iran invades UK and starts killing hundreds of thousands of people. Iran is allied with let's say Iraq, lebanon, China, Russia, gulf countries(saudi, Oman, UAE) basically all of asia ggive or take. Your family made it out and decided for some reason to reside in jordan. Would you be thankful for the fact that jordan took you in? Yes you would. However if the invasion hadn't happened in the first place, you wouldn't have needed to seek refuge in Jordan. I can go back to Iraq? If I go back, I will die in the matter of a few months because of the state Iraq is in. Saddam was the best leader Iraq has ever had and will ever had. You are an outsider who does not understand the mechanics of the situation, you can't critisize Saddam or his family because all you know of Saddam is the stories told to yoy by your government and media, you don't know what he did to the country or how it was like to live there while in saddams regime
If I go back, I will die in the matter of a few months because of the state Iraq is in.

The fact that millions of people have lived in Iraq for many years and are still alive calls into question this statement.

So your family was part of the regime, and the truth is that you don't like the fact that the country is free of a dangerous set of gangsters.
Reply 1417
Tell me, did you actually read the start of the argument? I can bet on the fact that you didn't. We were discussing how noone gives a crap about any of the people dying in africa (2500 in Nigeria two weeks ago) or in the middle east (hundreds everyday) but rather focus on 12 dead people in France. Please read the start of the argument before disregarding my comments. Also, France was one of the biggest contributors in the invasion of Iraq, so if did express hatred for France(which I did not) then it would've been justified anyway.

Ok, I've understood.
(edited 9 years ago)
The fact that millions of people have lived in Iraq for many years and are still alive calls into question this statement.

So your family was part of the regime, and the truth is that you don't like the fact that the country is free of a dangerous set of gangsters.

I'm not going to argue the politics of my country with an outsider. You know as much about iraqi politics as I know about the mechanics of CERN accelerator. I have a basic idea of it, but nowhere near the amount of knowledge needed to critisize it or even give my opinion about it. My parents weren't part of the regime, im not even arab, I am turkomeni which is one of three ethnicities in Iraq (kurdish, turkoman and arab)
Original post by Josb
Ok, I've understood.

Sorry my bad, I just researched it and I was wrong in saying they were the biggest contributors. However http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A9709-2004Oct5.html

It's the thought that counts.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending