The Student Room Group

Should my Muslim friend and I travel to Paris this week?

Scroll to see replies

I'd play it safe, go somewhere nicer like Italy, no one gives two ****s about anything there.
Original post by -Rainbow Drops-
Why should she have to take her hijab off because of other idiots?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Because people ARE idiots lol. Would she rather be "proud" of her religion and potentially be abused? Save your political correctness for when she's not in danger.
Wouldn't recommend it. Stay safe!

Original post by orphan_black
Because people ARE idiots lol. Would she rather be "proud" of her religion and potentially be abused? Save your political correctness for when she's not in danger.

It's not pride, considering she wears it already it may be essential religious practice for her. And that isn't political correctness, it's a matter of bigotry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Niassuh
Wouldn't recommend it. Stay safe!

It's not pride, considering she wears it already it may be essential religious practice for her. And that isn't political correctness, it's a matter of bigotry.

Ok so then don't go then? I dunno what the OP is expecting anyone to say.
Does she really need to show everyone she's a Muslim? Why can't she just take off the hijab for the duration of her visit?
Reply 25
Original post by Grantland
I'd play it safe, go somewhere nicer like Italy, no one gives two ****s about anything there.

B7Eju7MCIAAa76m.jpg
Original post by Gales

Scratch that then.
I live in France. Seriously, go.
Reply 28
Say bismillah then
Bon voyage
Reply 29
Just be careful and aware really. I'd say limit your activity in the night. Anti Islamic tensions are high.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by SHBK
Just be careful and aware really. I'd say limit your activity in the night. Anti Islamic tensions are high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bit of an exaggeration. It's hardly like PEGIDA in Germany where anti-Islamic marches are held. There has been some rise in Islamophobia but it's mainly just vandalism of mosques. There is no need for any Muslims to cancel any trips to come to France - life is completely normal on the streets. I still see the same amount of people in headscarfs on the Metro, no one glares at them or threatens them.
Original post by Gales

Thread soloed:smile:
Go.

Quick Reply

Latest