The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by katehassall
Some veterinary practises will have different suppliers but Virbac and MSD animal health's websites are really good with a lits if all the drugs they supply and each comes with a data sheet which describes how often the dose is required etc..

From the practise I was at I think we gave Feligen RCP (from virbac) once a year which vaccinated against infectious enteritis, rhinotracheitis virus-1 and feline calcivirus and we gave leucogen annually for leukemia virus. Kittens were vaccinated at 9 weeks and then 3-4 weeks later with RCP. The same is given if the drugs are Nobivac (from MSD) but it is called the Nobivac Tricat Trio. Vaccinations can also be given for feline chlamydophilia conjunctivitis but I don't know how often sorry! I hope this is right and what you wanted, if anything doesnt make sense just go to those websites:smile:)

Thank you so much! I know more about dog vaccines than cats!
Reply 5001
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
What should a guy wear to a veterinary interview? I've heard people say suits but I think that'd be too formal? Any help PLEASE?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

at rvc last year >90% wore suits
not sure it really matters though, its what you say not how you look
Does anyone know when the last interview date for Surrey is?
Original post by WannaBeVet2015
What should a guy wear to a veterinary interview? I've heard people say suits but I think that'd be too formal? Any help PLEASE?!?!?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most guys will wear a suit so you won't be overdressed but if you really feel uncomfortable in a suit, then you can wear anything that looks smart and professional.
Original post by alwaysalex
Does anyone know when the last interview date for Surrey is?

18th March (I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KateLivesey
18th March (I think)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow thanks. Looks like we'll be waiting quite a while to find out whether we have offers!
Original post by D of T
No data out there
RVC last year 50% chance of offer if interviewed
Liverpool about 50%
Bristol about60%
Cambridge about 25%
Notts about 35-40%
no idea re Scotland or surrey

if you like probability if you have 2 interviews with 50% chance your chance of getting one offer is 75% if chance of each is independent of eachother

Nice stats! Glasgow was at about 60% chance last year, if the figures I'm looking at are correct.
Hi everyone just joining in on this discussion, I've got a conditional offer from middlesex and i'm set on going there hoping i get the grades! Anyone else planning on going to middlesex to do veterinary nursing? :smile:
Anyone got an interview at Surrey on 18th Feb?
Hey! I was given an offer to study at Middlesex recently to do Veterinary Nursing! I am sooooo excited :biggrin:
I also had my interview on the 15th of December! great to see some people here also planning on going!
(edited 9 years ago)
Heyy i'm an international student from Malaysia and I applied for Glasgow, Edinburgh, RVC and Nottingham. I've already had my Glasgow interview and an offer but i am really nervous for my Edinburgh interview in a few days time mainly cause Edinburgh's my first choice.

Anyway, my point is to ask how are the Edinburgh interviews like and do they have a specific quota for international students.

Any replies would be very much appreciated. :smile:
Original post by yonghan_lupus
Heyy i'm an international student from Malaysia and I applied for Glasgow, Edinburgh, RVC and Nottingham. I've already had my Glasgow interview and an offer but i am really nervous for my Edinburgh interview in a few days time mainly cause Edinburgh's my first choice.

Anyway, my point is to ask how are the Edinburgh interviews like and do they have a specific quota for international students.

Any replies would be very much appreciated. :smile:

I just gave my Edi interview today and I assure you they're the nicest bunch of people I've ever met. They really tried to put us at ease and make sure we were comfortable.

(Your interview will be in Kuala Lumpur right? You'll get the exact same set of people we did. They're awesome!)

I'd advise you to prep yourself well on everything possible if you want to do really well. :smile:

Edit: Almost forgot, they have about 50 odd seats for international students and they have a fairly good mix of them so I wouldn't worry about that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by AnimalArk
I just gave my Edi interview today and I assure you they're the nicest bunch of people I've ever met. They really tried to put us at ease and make sure we were comfortable.

(Your interview be in Kuala Lumpur right? You'll get the exact same set of people we did. They're awesome!)

I'd advise you to prep yourself well on everything possible if you want to do really well. :smile:

Edit: Almost forgot, they have about 50 odd seats for international students and they have a fairly good mix of them so I wouldn't worry about that.

Phew that's a huge sigh of relief, thank you so much. :smile: I always thought that they are super stringent on it. :s-smilie:

So where are you interviewing from? I'm assuming its Singapore?
Original post by cocroberta
Anyone got an interview at Surrey on 18th Feb?

Me!! :smile:
Original post by yonghan_lupus
Phew that's a huge sigh of relief, thank you so much. :smile: I always thought that they are super stringent on it. :s-smilie:

So where are you interviewing from? I'm assuming its Singapore?

Yep!

No, both the Scottish Unis have a good amount of international students. :smile:
Yay this is so exciting finding people already!!
Original post by ailsab96
Can someone please help me with cat vaccinations? I am trying to freshen up my knowledge for my interviews, and can't remember the schedule for which boosters cats get, or how long they last before they need re-boosting...

should we know things like this for interview?
Original post by Bourne2410
should we know things like this for interview?

It's not really necessary, unless you mention it in your PS, or are very unlucky, I wouldn't imagine you'd be asked about that

I got nothing like that in my interviews :smile:
Reply 5018
Anyone else just got an Interview for Edinburgh on the 11th March??? Last uni to hear back from at last!! Also, is there anything to be read into how late/ early your interview is as I know this is last date for Edinburgh but at Liverpool I was on the first day! Just wondered if anyone knew?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5019
I just received a letter in the post regarding Nottingham saying they will consider my application for other degrees such as biochemistry, natural sciences etc. At the moment I have 3 rejections - veterinary medicine and veterinary nursing.

I'm really happy about this however I still wish to continue with veterinary medicine, but I will at least give it a go.

Is anyone else in this position, can you give any advice on what degree to choose?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending