The Student Room Group

Speech & Language Therapy 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrsMoonie
Finally had a reply for SLT department of BCU telling me they processed it quickly and I should of heard by now, but when I spoke to admissions the other day, they said it's still in process 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh. That's helpful to know as I am in the same "waiting" boat as you after our interview. I have a special celebration this week/weekend so was going to contact after it was over as I didn't want to spoil it if it was bad news.

I am worried now, given that it sounds the like the SLT department have made decisions, but no track update or email received from admissions. I haven't been asked for qualifications proof as an oldie and given that people have had offers from that interview date, I am losing hope and expecting a no. :frown::frown: we really want to train for SLT and know we can do it. I have been putting a lot of hard work into my current studies and have more exams coming up. If I get a no shortly, I worry the effect on me for my revision. Aaargh!!
At this moment, a maybe is still possible. Perhaps that's why we are waiting. Hmmmmm..

Thanks for the update. You're not alone. Hope we get news soon.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CuriousLinguist
Oh. That's helpful to know as I am in the same "waiting" boat as you after our interview. I have a special celebration this week/weekend so was going to contact after it was over as I didn't want to spoil it if it was bad news.

I am worried now, given that it sounds the like the SLT department have made decisions, but no track update or email received from admissions. I haven't been asked for qualifications proof as an oldie and given that people have had offers from that interview date, I am losing hope and expecting a no. :frown::frown: we really want to train for SLT and know we can do it. I have been putting a lot of hard work into my current studies and have more exams coming up. If I get a no shortly, I worry the effect on me for my revision. Aaargh!!
At this moment, a maybe is still possible. Perhaps that's why we are waiting. Hmmmmm..

Thanks for the update. You're not alone. Hope we get news soon.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Fingers crossed for you both. Hopefully the fact that you haven't heard yet is a good sign.
Original post by shropshirelass51
Fingers crossed for you both. Hopefully the fact that you haven't heard yet is a good sign.

I hope so! I finished sixth form 4 years ago, so assume I'd need proof of qualifications if they were going to offer me, so think it's safe to say I am not getting my hopes up :frown:

Curiouslinguist, keep our fingers crossed and Hope!!! Xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got the impression when I was at my interview that they made offers subject to having qualifications verified. I think they have asked me early as I am a bit unconventional. I left school at 16 and didn't do A levels and did my degree over 20 years ago. Also, they wanted an additional reference as the one I provided was work based rather than academic.

Anyway hoping we all receive a positive outcome soon!

Ahh! I'm AM as well, you travelling down on the day or staying in a hotel?
I hope so. Hard to tell. Maybe in a new batch of updates that haven't been sent out due to member of admissions staff being busy. Or the other reason, but I'm not allowing my brain to go down that path!!

I agree that it's a bit worrying re organisation levels at some of these universities but I remember from my first time, slow can indeed be the name of the game. It was posted letters only, so no email scares or logging on to check. I think it was easier not to worry because you knew it would take a while but you would get a response. Plus more choices if rejected. Less people applying to my courses then too so less of a numbers game.

If a maybe, I personally would hope universities would wait to compare us with later interviewees. I would be so sad to be "penalised" for being a "not quite" so early on. A gathered field would be better than a first come, first served sometimes. In some ways (and this appplies to job interviews), I prefer spoken interviews because it's easier to say all you want to say. In written ones that are against the clock, it can be easy to miss things out due to time pressure.

I enjoyed the interview day. I hope we get good news soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, I remember that. I have all my old certificates fortunately. I can understand that mature students will be more complex in terms of assessment for an offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I hope that's the case then.. Phew! I hope it comes at the most random of moments like the interview email did and when I least expected it! Are you all on UCAS then? I've got the joys of not having to use track every 5 minutes xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied through UCAS, but I think that BCU primarily use email so I'm not looking at track, just constantly checking my emails, haha. I got my interview invitation from BCU at about 11.00 pm which was indeed unexpected!
Original post by shropshirelass51
I applied through UCAS, but I think that BCU primarily use email so I'm not looking at track, just constantly checking my emails, haha. I got my interview invitation from BCU at about 11.00 pm which was indeed unexpected!

Oh wow?! I got mine when I was on Mental capacity act training for work at about 2pm! Definitely was a nice surprise haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JordanC55
Ahh! I'm AM as well, you travelling down on the day or staying in a hotel?

I'm staying in a hotel. I've got an interview in Plymouth tomorrow, so I'll be doing a cross-country trip up tomorrow night!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rhimair
I'm staying in a hotel. I've got an interview in Plymouth tomorrow, so I'll be doing a cross-country trip up tomorrow night!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh so is your interview tomorrow?
Original post by JordanC55
Ahh so is your interview tomorrow?

No, it's on Wednesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who is at Marjon tomorrow then? :smile: :smile:
Original post by soufflekitty

Meee! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LT1508
What A levels are you doing? It might be worth emailing the universities and just asking why you got rejected for SLT but accepted onto other courses. All the best!

I'm doing Sociology, Health and Social Care and Geography. Just got another email from UEA today straight out rejecting me so I think I need to look into it but a student from Leeds said the subjects and the grades I got would be fine so I dunno :s-smilie:
Original post by soufflekitty

I am :biggrin:

Original post by elkabuzz1
I am :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing you both :smile:
Good luck to all who have interviews today :smile:
Good luck to those who have Marjon interviews today! Hope it goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest