The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University Applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by esjae
I had BCDD in AS, predicted BBC, even though my TAG, which is my target aspiration grades, are all As. The lowest entry requirements are BBB

Thank you very much!!! Good luck with your alevels!
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 101
Original post by edchem1
Thank you very much!!! Good luck with your alevels!

It's okay, if there is anything else you wanna know feel free to drop me a message and I'll try and help :smile: And you!
Reply 102
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Anyone attending an applicant day next month?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm attending the one on the 7th :smile:
Hey, I got accepted at Aston university, Swansea and Queen's for B.eng chemical engineering. Queen's is itself a great university but i am trying to avoid belfast due to the city's bad reputation. So swansea is quite high on my priority list though i just wanted to know how is the life in the city. I heard the city is dead and there hardly is something happening in the city but swansea is still a a firm choice for me i guess. I am an international student and has never been to UK so that's why i am curious to know about the city.
Original post by aquibbashir
So swansea is quite high on my priority list though i just wanted to know how is the life in the city. I heard the city is dead and there hardly is something happening in the city but swansea is still a a firm choice for me i guess. I am an international student and has never been to UK so that's why i am curious to know about the city.

your in for a total shock. there are videos on student life and nightlfe on other Swansea university threads have a look at those
Reply 105
Got my first offer today from Swansea
Reply 106
Anyone attending an applicant day next month?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thinking about it
Hi Everyone, I'm pleased to see your offers are starting to come through. Do you have any questions about Swansea?
Reply 108
Nice, I'll be attending on the 21st. What subject?

Swansea is possibly the furthest one I've applied to so I wasn't sure if I should visit but there's something about a discussion with admissions tutors and so I thought might as well go, well done with the offer btw, what subject?

Mech eng with foundation year
Reply 109
Original post by Swansea University
Hi Everyone, I'm pleased to see your offers are starting to come through. Do you have any questions about Swansea?

Is the foundation years done on campus or at a seperate college
Hi,

Sorry to jump in, but if you are still looking for accommodation from September or looking to see what is available why not check out our modern, fun, en suite accommodation?!

We've got a variety of options to suit your needs and direct buses to both Singleton and Bay campus, why stay anywhere else! For a better idea of our accommodation feel free to give us a call on 01792 341642 or check out our website and social media sites:
www.freshstudentliving.co.uk/swansea
https://www.facebook.com/StDavidsSwansea
https://twitter.com/stdavidsswansea

Thanks,
Katy @Fresh
Original post by AR_95
Is the foundation years done on campus or at a separate college

Hello, the foundation year is done on campus where you will be studying for the rest of your degree. Engineering will be based at the new Bay Campus which is opening in September with brand new facilities. I hope this helps!
I am a resident of Swansea and would highly recommend a visit. the engineering department is moving to a brand new campus that is currently being built around 4 miles from the main campus. there will be approx. 900 rooms on the new campus which will house the schools of engineering and business. I don't know whether your foundation year will be at the uni or not. I suspect it will. email the department who can tell you more
Reply 113
Original post by swanseajack1
I am a resident of Swansea and would highly recommend a visit. the engineering department is moving to a brand new campus that is currently being built around 4 miles from the main campus. there will be approx. 900 rooms on the new campus which will house the schools of engineering and business. I don't know whether your foundation year will be at the uni or not. I suspect it will. email the department who can tell you more

Any more info on bay campus? What's the closest accomadation to it and being 4 miles away from main campus, how close is it to the town?
Original post by AR_95
Any more info on bay campus? What's the closest accomadation to it and being 4 miles away from main campus, how close is it to the town?

there are going to be 900 rooms on site from September with a further 550 to be built the following year. it is about 2 and 1/2 miles from the city centre. the fresh student is practically in the city centre. I would suspect most engineering students will live on the new campus. I passed the new campus last week and many of the buildings are already built with scaffolding removed. there is more detail on the university website
Original post by chellifish
I'm still waiting on an offer (only applied on Tuesday but already have 4/5 conditional offers!) from Swansea but I really liked it on the (soaking wet) open day in October!

I'm applying for Economics and I'm just wondering if anyone else is applying for anything else in management or engineering, as we'll be on the new campus that's about 4 miles from the main campus, and what people think about Swansea having 2 campuses :smile:

I've applied for Business Management. I think the new campus will be great. I wonder how much the accommodation will be though..
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/business-news/welsh-secretary-stephen-crabb-pays-8451433

for those interested here is an article on the new bay campus last week
Reply 117
Nice, I'll be attending on the 21st. What subject?

Straight law, you?
Original post by esjae
Straight law, you?

Nice have you heard back from all 5 choices? :smile: I applied for Theoretical Physics.
Reply 119
Nice have you heard back from all 5 choices? :smile: I applied for Theoretical Physics.

Yeah, got rejected from 3 - Cardiff x2, and Reading. Had a condition from Gloucester, and then an unconditional from Swansea

Quick Reply

Latest