The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miser
I think I once read that people actually forgive cheating much more commonly than they predict they will. It's easy to say, "I'd never forgive someone if they cheated on me," but to break up with someone you love over it definitely isn't easy.

I dont see whats so hard:confused:
Only if 10/10
Original post by Queen Cersei
This is the big question that comes up... the guy I mentioned from my friend's work has twin babies on the way which just made me feel so outraged!

It's a really hard call as I have always said once I have children I would stick with their dad but if the relationship had completely crumbled I do wonder if this might not be more damaging for the children living in a house of bitter resentment? I'm usually a very forgiving person but I can't imagine myself being able to move past cheating... how about you?

he is cheating because he is and probably hasnt had sex at home for ages. doesn't excuse it, but telling his partner who is in a fragile state atm, not really on, thats why its do dependent on scenario
Reply 43
Trust takes years to build, seconds to break and forever to repair.

NO CHANCE. If he loved and was devoted to you in the first place he wouldnt of done it, why put yourself through it? every day you will be questioning where he is, what hes doing, who hes with, if hes doing it again. You will never regain trust, and you will never be fully forgiving.

Dont sell your self short.
Nope, worst feeling in the world...
Original post by welcometoib
he is cheating because he is and probably hasnt had sex at home for ages. doesn't excuse it, but telling his partner who is in a fragile state atm, not really on, thats why its do dependent on scenario

I don't actually know this person directly, it is someone at my friend's work so no-one will be telling his partner from the sounds of it.
Original post by Queen Cersei
I don't actually know this person directly, it is someone at my friend's work so no-one will be telling his partner from the sounds of it.

i think its even more pathetic people knowing and letting the poor person, male or female, to be obvlivious. unless they are all like me and think telling her right this moment may be bad for her pregnancy, which i doubt, most people dismiss it as banter
It depends if I have kids or not with him, but generally if I was to forgive him then he needs to make it up to me.
Original post by A5ko
No forgiveness, why sell yourself short.

I agree.
1 kiss- maybe (depends on the circumstances). Anything more, then definately no. They would be out the door quicker than they came in.
Original post by welcometoib
i think its even more pathetic people knowing and letting the poor person, male or female, to be obvlivious. unless they are all like me and think telling her right this moment may be bad for her pregnancy, which i doubt, most people dismiss it as banter

I completely agree that telling a heavily pregnant woman is a terrible idea but I have met this guy once and he is not subtle about it at all which is disgraceful.
The older I've gotten the more I value relationships and the more certain I am that the answer is no, especially at this stage in my life.

Cheating is an act of disloyalty and I consider disloyalty to be an inferior trait. Or to put it another way, why on earth would I want the mother of my future children to be somebody I look upon with contempt and more importantly, why on earth would I want somebody who does not value honour or loyalty to be the mother of my children.
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2

Not easy if there's young children involved.
I personally would never forgive it and most people would be the same. The only people I see forgiving a cheater are insecure girls with those womanizing, lad-type douchebags.
Reply 53
Strangely, I would be more inclined to forgive if she cheated with another girl. Depending of the context, I would even find it hot.
Is it the same for girls, would it be acceptable if he cheated with another guy? or am I just a pig?
Reply 54
Original post by Baloney
I'm in the process of being cheated on right now, and I'm yet to confront my girlfriend that I know.
But as for forgiving her, no, I couldn't and wouldn't want to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you planning to confront her? Make it epic.
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2

you spent alot of time/resource finding him/her, adapting to him/her, talking, understanding etc., reproducing all of that may be difficult or even impossible.
One of my mum's closest friends remarried her ex-husband who had cheated on her. They were separated for 13 years, and got married very soon after the guy split up with the woman he'd been cheating on his wife with. Not only did he cheat on her which is bad enough as it is, he told her that if she didn't divorce him he would tell everyone that it was her who had cheated on him (which is a big deal in a religious country). But she was in love with him and they have children together so its understandable, in a way.
No I wouldn't. Because if I really had meant something to the guy,he wouldn't have cheated on me in the first place
I took back a boyfriend who cheated on me and it was horrible because the whole time I was constantly paranoid. Eventually must have driven him nuts as he dumped me a few months down the line.

I think that as much as you want to forgive them you just shouldn't put yourself through it as its never the same again :frown:
yeah, I'm pretty liberal like that

Latest

Trending

Trending