The Student Room Group

would universities accept me?????????????????

hey guys

I want to do additional science but i am not sure if top universities will accept me

Any advice? shall i do triple science instead?

thanks in advance
Reply 1
Universities won't care. If you want to do science for A-levels, then you should do triple if you can, but even then it is not required. If you don't want to pursue something scientific, then doing triple will not be that great an advantage.
Original post by Tau
Universities won't care. If you want to do science for A-levels, then you should do triple if you can, but even then it is not required. If you don't want to pursue something scientific, then doing triple will not be that great an advantage.

so what about if i cant do triple science cause of my set , does it mean i cant do sciences in A level
(edited 9 years ago)
The grades you get for GCSE will decide whether you can do A level sciences. Triple science is an advantage when you begin A level as you've covered more content.
Reply 4
Original post by anonymous0000
so what about if i cant do triple science cause of my set , does it mean i cant do sciences in A level

No you can still do sciences at A level. Triple science will help you with the content in A level sciences, but it is not an entry requirement.
Reply 5
Original post by Tau
No you can still do sciences at A level. Triple science will help you with the content in A level sciences, but it is not an entry requirement.

Generally true, but some sixth forms may be more selective about their entry requirements. Worth checking the one's you're thinking of applying to OP.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
thanks guys

Quick Reply

Latest