The Student Room Group

Philosophy 2015 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GoldenEmblem277
I put mine in about 11 days ago? And thank you! :smile:
I also got an offer from Cardiff to study Philosophy! :biggrin:

Well done! I'm just hoping that the reason my application is taking longer is because I'm doing English lit/Philosophy, so it's dual honours.
Well done on your offers though:biggrin:
Original post by libertinegirl96
Well done! I'm just hoping that the reason my application is taking longer is because I'm doing English lit/Philosophy, so it's dual honours.
Well done on your offers though:biggrin:

Thank you! :biggrin:
Original post by H-W-T
Hello everyone

Just thought I would say that I graduated from Nottingham this year in Philosophy and it was amazing

Go there... its challenging but also there are so many amazing lecturers and the university is fantastic

Changing paths a bit now and am going to study graduate medicine (yes they love the analytical side) but out of my friends they have gone on t do lots of different things ranging from 50k analyst job to business masters to law to advertising

You are very highly sought after if you do well and nottingham is best uni career wise

just a little food for thought...

Just received an unconditional from Nottingham if I firm! I think I m going to accept, how is it? I haven't visited it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by FreshGarbage
Just received an unconditional from Nottingham if I firm! I think I m going to accept, how is it? I haven't visited it yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Out of all the universities I visited, Nottingham is the best.... the campus os the biggest in the uk I believe and its in a fantastic location ...its very close to the city but also to woolaton park which is a massive park area where they filmed the dark knight (the countryside scenes including wayne manor)

the city is amazing night out wise there are 10 super clubs and hundreds of bars
the whole city is based and built for students because there are two big universities

nottingham has best career prospects in uk
the department is very good and the humanities building is brand new

so yes i would accept if i were you
Original post by H-W-T
Out of all the universities I visited, Nottingham is the best.... the campus os the biggest in the uk I believe and its in a fantastic location ...its very close to the city but also to woolaton park which is a massive park area where they filmed the dark knight (the countryside scenes including wayne manor)

the city is amazing night out wise there are 10 super clubs and hundreds of bars
the whole city is based and built for students because there are two big universities

nottingham has best career prospects in uk
the department is very good and the humanities building is brand new

so yes i would accept if i were you

Thanks a lot! I'm very shocked and excited to receive an offer like that. I'm definitely going to firm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Got my first offer back from Exeter! AAA which is kinda annoying as I got A*AB for my A levels last year so I was hoping for an unconditional :frown: Will probably still be my firm though - is anyone else thinking of going to Exeter?
Has anyone got an Oxford philosophy and theology offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 87
Just got an offer from King's College London!
Original post by Pejic
Got my first offer back from Exeter! AAA which is kinda annoying as I got A*AB for my A levels last year so I was hoping for an unconditional :frown: Will probably still be my firm though - is anyone else thinking of going to Exeter?

I've had an offer from Exeter too! Not too sure if I'll put it as my first choice though, I'm hoping for an offer from Bristol :smile: Well done on the amazing grades!
Original post by benq
Just got an offer from King's College London!

Me, too, as a very mature student :smile:

Are you attending a post offer open day?
Reply 90
Original post by Cloopster
Me, too, as a very mature student :smile:

Are you attending a post offer open day?

Congratulations! What are your other offers/options? No, I don't. I am currently located abroad.
I have an unconditional from Cardiff and an unconditional from Edinburgh so far. I only applied Dec 27th so I don't expect to hear back for a while.
Hi,
Have any of you considered Leeds Trinity University?
It is a campus university with a growing department.
There are two news courses this year (2015)
Theology (Catholic)
Theology and Education
:biggrin:
Applying to study philosophy BA in Warwick, Bristol, Manchester, kings and UCL. So far, I've gotten all offers except for UCL. Results were 2A*s and 1A in AS.
Reply 94
Original post by Icedvanillacokes
Applying to study philosophy BA in Warwick, Bristol, Manchester, kings and UCL. So far, I've gotten all offers except for UCL. Results were 2A*s and 1A in AS.

Do you mean 2 A*s for 2 A-levels and then one A for one AS-level?
Reply 95
Anybody heard from UCL?
Reply 96
I've got ABBD AS grades in Psych, RS, History and Eco... Dropped Eco and I'm predicted AAA (only realised I was predicted up once I sent my application off and I saw it on my reference...) Got an ABB offer for history and philosophy of science at UCL but I'm not entirely sure on the course? I also have a reduced offer for nottingham philosophy (ABC) and an offer for philosophy and politics at Birmingham (ABB). SOMEONE PLS GIVE ME ADVICE
Reply 97
Original post by oharasmo
I've got ABBD AS grades in Psych, RS, History and Eco... Dropped Eco and I'm predicted AAA (only realised I was predicted up once I sent my application off and I saw it on my reference...) Got an ABB offer for history and philosophy of science at UCL but I'm not entirely sure on the course? I also have a reduced offer for nottingham philosophy (ABC) and an offer for philosophy and politics at Birmingham (ABB). SOMEONE PLS GIVE ME ADVICE

I would go with UCL. This course is essentially specialized in philosophy (and history) of science, but you will be able to take other philosophy modules, e.g. metaphysics, ethics, epistemology - as well; though not as many as if you were doing BA Philosophy. It is a perfect degree for getting a job in science policy afterwards, or continuing studying philosophy of science further.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 98
Original post by benq
I would go with UCL. This course is essentially specialized in philosophy (and history) of science, but you will be able to take other philosophy modules, e.g. metaphysics, ethics, epistemology - as well; though not as many as if you were doing BA Philosophy. It is a perfect degree for getting a job in science policy afterwards, or continuing studying philosophy of science further.

Yeah that sounds good, thanks so much for the advice man
Reply 99
Original post by oharasmo
Yeah that sounds good, thanks so much for the advice man

No problems at all! Hopefully will be seeing you there if I myself receive an offer :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending