The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beautifulxxx
Why?

If one is already educated in one of the 4 madhabs way of doing salah it is best that he he sticks to that one as reading another book that will also include proofs will then only serve for confusion if one is unable to weigh between and reconcile these proofs

For example In Umdatul Fiqh a basic primer in the hanbali madhab Ibn Qudamah says to place the hands below the navel. In another book of another madhab the shaykh may say place the hands above the navel. Each shaykh would have their proofs and reasons and it is possible that they consider the opposing hadeeth to be weak. A layperson who has been educated it one then starts reading another would be confused
Here, if someone born into Islam tries to make you feel inferior, know that:

Spoiler

Taken from the site: https://dawatussalafiyyah.wordpress.com/about/

Thanks for sharing. Yeah, firstly all the Sahabah (companions) of the Prophet (pbuh) were converts. Secondly, the criteria to entering Jannah (Paradise) is not just being born a Muslim but good deeds.

The Quran (29:58) says:
"And those who have believed and done righteous deeds - We will surely assign to them of Paradise [elevated] chambers beneath which rivers flow, wherein they abide eternally. Excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers"
(edited 9 years ago)
https://archive.org/details/AliAtTamimi

A shaykh with a vision that others fail to articulate in the same manner (May Allah hasten his release)
(edited 9 years ago)
I just got awarded the Chatterbox level 3 badge. Should I feel proud or sad about this? :P
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
https://archive.org/details/AliAtTamimi

A shaykh with a vision that kthers fail to articulate in the same manner (May Allah hasten his release)

Ameen, he was and is a real gem subhanAllah may Allah reward him with the highest of rewards.
Original post by Ankabout
I just got awarded the Chatterbox level 3 badge. Should I feel proud or sad about this? :P

Proud:u:
Also for the sisters, there's a great lecture by Ali al-Tamimi called "Muslim Women Facing Modern Challenges" which you can find here if you scroll down a bit: http://www.kalamullah.com/ali-timimi.html
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
Proud:u:

Ok. :biggrin:
Original post by themorninglight
Ameen, he was and is a real gem subhanAllah may Allah reward him with the highest of rewards.

Ameen.

Started to listen to all of his stuff again. Everything he said then is applicable now, we need more like him.

Sad cause I got two badges. :mmm:
Original post by Tennumbers
Sad cause I got two badges. :mmm:

:unimpressed: :mad: :angry:

Ok game on. :colone:

You should be proud but you still have 1 badge :lol:
"What do you do for fun? Everything is forbidden in Islam!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6674kJj1C4o#t=120
Original post by Mary562
You should be proud but you still have 1 badge :lol:

Not you too. :dry:
How do people live on little or no sleep? I can't concentrate on work during the day so try to at night.. can't find No sleep topic haha

jazakIllahu khairan, reminded me of this similar quote:

Ibn ‘Ijlan said:

“Allah (‘azza wa jaal) made the believer’s strength in his heart and did not make it in his limbs, don’t you see a weak old man fast the hot days and stand (in prayer) at night while a young man is unable to do that.”

[Sifat Al-Safwa, 3/341]

Original post by Abdul-Karim
That Mufti Menk guy is jokes. Idk if he counts as a scholar, but he's the only guy I trust that he knows what he's on about.

Indeed he is a scholar, he is a mufti given position greater than other muftis in his locality.

Who is your favourite scholar of Islam and why? By scholar I mean the likes of sheikh Fawzan, Uthaymeen, Ibn Taymiyah etc...

Imams Abu Hanifah, an-Nawawi and Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on them) are my three super duper favourites.

Original post by ImNotMe
Assalaamu-Alaikum to whoever is reading this :u:

Just wondering if you've heard of http://www.bayyinah.tv/sp/9942-bayyinah-tv ?

I started my subscription there a few months ago and it is awesome. There are courses on learning Quranic Arabic, a cover-to-cover 'translation' of the Quranic teachings, an explanation on the way the Quran is written too!

I just had to recommend it here, especially if you're seeking to learn arabic!

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Original post by Samantha.Mumba
As-Salaam-Alaikum brothers and sisters I'm a new sister here can I join in?:h:

Wa 'alaykum assalaam sister, please see the first post of the thread (OP) for a link to the soc page. Then click the option to join the group :smile:

Spoiler

Original post by ImNotMe
I don't think its reasonable to have 1 'favourite' scholar but I usually turn toward Dr Yasir Qadhi, Dr Zakir Naik, Mufti Menk, Ustadh Nouman whenever I have questions :smile:

Lets not forget them in our Duas!

I study in Darul Uloom Bury, and I am honoured to be taught by the world known Sheikh Abdul Rahim... And he has warned us to be cautious of Dr. Zakir Naik... Who isn't a scholar not is he a Hafiz... He says that he is good at debating with other religions... But when it comes to matters of Islam and laws... You should be cautious...

There are videos on YouTube where he talks about this... Check them out

Salaams... Remember me in your duas inshaAllah
Original post by ash92:)
jazakIllahu khairan, reminded me of this similar quote:

Ibn ‘Ijlan said:

“Allah (‘azza wa jaal) made the believer’s strength in his heart and did not make it in his limbs, don’t you see a weak old man fast the hot days and stand (in prayer) at night while a young man is unable to do that.”

[Sifat Al-Safwa, 3/341]

Indeed he is a scholar, he is a mufti given position greater than other muftis in his locality.

Imams Abu Hanifah, an-Nawawi and Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allah have mercy on them) are my three super duper favourites.

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Wa 'alaykum assalaam sister, please see the first post of the thread (OP) for a link to the soc page. Then click the option to join the group :smile:

Spoiler

Wa iyak.

:yy::yy:

Well my new question is, what is your favourite book from these scholars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wa iyak.

:yy::yy:

Well my new question is, what is your favourite book from these scholars?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amthal fil-Quran al-Kareem by Ibn Qayyim رحمه الله

Imam Nawawi's sharh of Saheeh Muslim is epic
Original post by ttaylor17
I study in Darul Uloom Bury, and I am honoured to be taught by the world known Sheikh Abdul Rahim... And he has warned us to be cautious of Dr. Zakir Naik... Who isn't a scholar not is he a Hafiz... He says that he is good at debating with other religions... But when it comes to matters of Islam and laws... You should be cautious...

There are videos on YouTube where he talks about this... Check them out

Salaams... Remember me in your duas inshaAllah

Really, what's wrong with his knowledge of Islam and laws. could you link those videos please. Also, are u sure he's not a hafiz. That's pretty hard to believe, considering he knows every ayat's chapter and verse number.

Latest

Trending

Trending