The Student Room Group

If someone handed you a £50 note, what would be the few things you would buy with it?

I'd love to find a genuine homeless person and donate it to him also buy him/her a meal with my own money.

You can either buy a few things with it or give it away, what would it be?

Scroll to see replies

spend it all on booze of course
Reply 2
Original post by LonelyDemon

Or 50 £1 Dr. Pepper bottles :coma:
I would save it :redface:
I would pay someone off here to do all of my assignments since the majority of people on TSR are applying for Oxford :rolleyes:
This happened to me once, kind of. A man in front of me in the queue dropped it, I thought it was rubbish (because I'm not used to seeing them) and then put it in my pocket to put in the bin. When I got outside to the bin and realised, the man who I thought had dropped it was rounding a corner and didn't stop when I shouted him.
It was three days before student loans were due in at the start of my third year, I was knee deep in dissertation research and had caught fresher's flu. I spent it on a Chinese, a tube of Pringles, a bottle of wine, lots of paracetamol and put the rest in the bank to get my mum her (very overdue at this point) birthday present.
Probably buy a bunch of comic books
Reply 7
:embarrassed:

I got a £50 Amazon voucher in mid December. I couldn't think what to buy with it so last week I gave it to my wife who replaced her Filofax with it.

I now have £50 cash 'credit' from Bank Of Missus and the only thing I can think of to spend it on is cheap lager to tide me over until my next batch of home-brew is ready.

I second this

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would just end up on bills or food shopping or petrol, the same way all bloody money in this house seems to go.
Haha..I would probably use it to buy more staples and glue sticks for my glue gun & staple gun, or use it for a weekend archaeology course :biggrin:
Reply 11
I wouldn't accept it in the first place, it would feel wrong as it's not mine to keep.

If I had to accept it then I'd either donate it to a charity or burn it.
I would probably buy shoes or a couple of dresses/skirts.
Reply 13
Without it I would have survived and got on fine anyway. So it would kill me to use it. I'd have to give it away. ---and possibly create a chain of people giving away £50 xD.
Other than that I would save it.
A takeaway and some booze no doubt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably just save it to be honest.
Original post by daisychain_
I would save it :redface:

Id be tempted to do this.
Night

-Case of beer - £10
-Big, dirty take-away - £20 (so there's leftovers)

Morning

Water, energy drink, full english £8

Night - (self-loathing, shame and the want to do better)

-Eat my left overs and save the remaining £12 for my next treat day. Which will be whenever I'm not in work the next day.
Reply 18
Original post by XZX
I wouldn't accept it in the first place, it would feel wrong as it's not mine to keep.

If I had to accept it then I'd either donate it to a charity or burn it.

nobody in their right mind would burn a £50 note
Keep it forever... I've only ever had one £50 note in my life on this planet...

Too bawse for you, sir.

Quick Reply

Latest