The Student Room Group

Mixed signals

Okay so basically this girl has been sending me mixed signals for quite a while now but they have died down and now she's completely nervous or it's like she dislikes me now, unless I start the conversation with her, She's completely dead over text which is annoying. How do I change this? Do I pursue her or not?
I recommend you back off a bit - if it's always you initiating, don't message her for a while and see if you hear anything. If you do, then you''re back on, but if not it just wasn't meant to be.
Reply 2
Original post by Calpurnia
I recommend you back off a bit - if it's always you initiating, don't message her for a while and see if you hear anything. If you do, then you''re back on, but if not it just wasn't meant to be.

I did do that but the next time I did pop up to her in real lfie she was instantly happy and probably started a conversation like 5-6 times that day, but her friend told her that I like her so what's the best thing to do?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I did do that but the next time I did pop up to her in real lfie she was instantly happy and probably started a conversation like 5-6 times that day, but her friend told her that I like her so what's the best thing to do?

Why are you wasting time texting her?

Arrange to meet her and go out together and flirt with her and ask her questions and listen to her talk and then make some physical moves on her.
Original post by Anonymous

Her friend may have saved you a lot of hassle then! As az08 said, arrange to meet up sometime to do something that'll give you time to talk (you like coffee?). Once you're there, if you're both having a good time, are relaxed etc, then say something like:

"So, apparently <friend's name> told you that I like you?"

She might say "yep!", and then if you're feeling nervous go with: "do you think it's true?" in order to test the waters a bit. You could still bail out if necessary!

If you're feeling confident, then ask something along the lines of "what do you think about that?".

On the other hand, if she denies all knowledge of the friend's input then I'd recommend bailing out. This probably means she isn't interested and doesn't want to talk about it. Saying something like "Oh! Never mind then!" and changing the subject should be enough to save your skin.

And since you're probably wondering: if she honestly hadn't heard about your affections, you changing the subject will give her a bit of time to think about it and she'll hopefully get back to it later if she's thinking good things.
Reply 5
Original post by Calpurnia
Her friend may have saved you a lot of hassle then! As az08 said, arrange to meet up sometime to do something that'll give you time to talk (you like coffee?). Once you're there, if you're both having a good time, are relaxed etc, then say something like:

"So, apparently <friend's name> told you that I like you?"

She might say "yep!", and then if you're feeling nervous go with: "do you think it's true?" in order to test the waters a bit. You could still bail out if necessary!

If you're feeling confident, then ask something along the lines of "what do you think about that?".

On the other hand, if she denies all knowledge of the friend's input then I'd recommend bailing out. This probably means she isn't interested and doesn't want to talk about it. Saying something like "Oh! Never mind then!" and changing the subject should be enough to save your skin.

And since you're probably wondering: if she honestly hadn't heard about your affections, you changing the subject will give her a bit of time to think about it and she'll hopefully get back to it later if she's thinking good things.

I don't think I'm at the stage of asking her yet, but every time we talk inrl she suddenly becomes all cheery, for example she's really shy so when I initiate something it no longer becomes awkward anymore and she's all suddenly cheery and happy. I think after a while when we regularly talk inrl then I'll ask her
Ask her maybe why she is so quiet over text?

Quick Reply

Latest