The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Institute of Education 2015

Anyone else applied for IoE? would be good to exchange experiences including how long it took to get an offer or follow up!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, what have you applied for?

I applied for secondary English in December and had an interview with them last week. On UCAS it now says I have a conditional offer (need to pass skills tests) but I haven't heard anything from the IoE themselves. I want to accept the offer but am a bit worried about withdrawing other applications if it's not 100%.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
I applied for education, but only sent through yesterday. Am rather desperate to go to the IoE though, so am checking with everyone for updates and how things are going for them!
Reply 3
Original post by G-face

I applied for secondary English in December and had an interview with them last week. On UCAS it now says I have a conditional offer (need to pass skills tests) but I haven't heard anything from the IoE themselves. I want to accept the offer but am a bit worried about withdrawing other applications if it's not 100%.

I've been given a conditional offer to IOE (very excited but i have to pass my literacy skills test!). I had to e-mail them this week (having already received my UCAS letter over Christmas) for my actual offer letter from the University. I interviewed back in November so don't worry too much about waiting for an offer letter as I waited almost 2 months to get mine. I'm sure as long as your UCAS has updated, it's definite that you've got a place.

I too will be studying Secondary English!
Original post by G-face

If it's on UCAS then you're all good :smile: Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Great news, thanks! Excited for Sept (and a little terrified haha)
Reply 6
you wouldn't happen to know the ratio of applicant per place?
Original post by G-face

I had an interview on the 8th for PGCE English (we migh have been on the same interview?), and they updated UCAS the tuesday after. 'Cause I didn't get a letter I wondered if they'd made a mistake, but I emailed David the other day and he pushed through the official letter, so I imagine you're alright!
Reply 8
Original post by GenghisCalm
I had an interview on the 8th for PGCE English (we migh have been on the same interview?), and they updated UCAS the tuesday after. 'Cause I didn't get a letter I wondered if they'd made a mistake, but I emailed David the other day and he pushed through the official letter, so I imagine you're alright!

I received my letter today too :smile: And passed the skills tests on the weekend so it's all official! I was also there on the 8th so we must have seen each other, but I only really chatted to the people on my table. My name's Grace in case we did meet. Any way, look forward to meeting in September!
Reply 9
Original post by G-face
I received my letter today too :smile: And passed the skills tests on the weekend so it's all official! I was also there on the 8th so we must have seen each other, but I only really chatted to the people on my table. My name's Grace in case we did meet. Any way, look forward to meeting in September!

Congratulations both of you!! hope to be a fellow student soon as well!
I have my interview next week for the Citizenship PGCE course. I am so nervous I'm already getting butterflies just thinking about it! Any tips for the day itself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't panic, just be friendly and show your subject knowledge :smile:
I did my PGCE Secondary Business interview in December and literally was offered a place an hour after I left IOE! I was buzzing, just gotta do my skills tests now.
Applied for BA Education Studies, but still haven't received a reply yet. Do you know how long they normally take? :smile:
Original post by _lozziepop
Don't panic, just be friendly and show your subject knowledge :smile:
I did my PGCE Secondary Business interview in December and literally was offered a place an hour after I left IOE! I was buzzing, just gotta do my skills tests now.

Thanks! I passed my skills tests today so I've done it the other way round! Fingers crossed the interview goes well and I'll be there in September!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by itsamberariamay
Applied for BA Education Studies, but still haven't received a reply yet. Do you know how long they normally take? :smile:

Hey,

I received a conditional offer from IOE for BA Education Studies on the 16th of January, but I applied in September so they took awhile to respond. (I wasn't even expecting a response let alone an offer, still buzzing lol).

Let me know if you get an offer! All the best!
Oh boy, did they take long?

Finally received an offer from IOE for BA Psychology with Education, I need 300 tariff points. wish me luck, it's my first choice!
Hey I've been offered a place on a Biology PGCE. Anyone else doing Science?

I've also been offered a place in Kings College. I'm a little torn. Does anyone have any advice?

Also as IoE students are we fully UCL students? Can we use UCL facilities like the library? Can we join UCL clubs and societies?
As far as I'm aware IOE is now fully part of UCL, so we will have the same options as any other UCL student

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi

Did you have an interview for BA Psychology with education or did they just give you an offer.Also what were your predicted grades.I've applied for the course through extra and just waiting to hear on their reply.
Original post by NutellaLatte
Oh boy, did they take long?

Finally received an offer from IOE for BA Psychology with Education, I need 300 tariff points. wish me luck, it's my first choice!

Hi

Did you have to have an interview for BA Psychology with Education.i've applied to the course through extra and just waiting to hear on their reply.I really do hope that they accept me.Also what were your predicted grades ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending