The Student Room Group

A and A* in everything

So I am in year 10 right now, I am sitting my unit 1 core science in may this year, how can I achieve an A or better yet an A* in it? and how can I achieve my GCSE grades?

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
Math A
Business A-A*
ICT A*
History B-A
Physics A
Biology A
Chemistry B-A
French C-B
...by working?
I thought u could only sit your exams in yr 11 summer time?
Original post by OmarHamdy
So I am in year 10 right now, I am sitting my unit 1 core science in may this year, how can I achieve an A or better yet an A* in it? and how can I achieve my GCSE grades?

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
Math A
Business A-A*
ICT A*
History B-A
Physics A
Biology A
Chemistry B-A
French C-B

smoke weed... ^ too much stress up there man... jus' toke it up here n there otherwise you'll implode from the pressure, rendering your mind incapable of functioning
Reply 4
Original post by zippity.doodah
...by working?

Yes, but when should I start? I have my unit 1 core science in may along with mice and men in English
Reply 5
Original post by chukster97
I thought u could only sit your exams in yr 11 summer time?

I am sitting my Unit 1 core science in may along with Mice and Men in English, when should I start revising ?
Reply 6
Yes, but when should I start? I have my unit 1 core science in may along with mice and men in English

Start now and get used to revising because GCSEs are nothing to a levels :smile: you'll need those revision techniques if you choose a level.
Reply 7
Original post by _Caz_
Start now and get used to revising because GCSEs are nothing to a levels :smile: you'll need those revision techniques if you choose a level.

I won't be taking A Levels as I am looking to go and study in the US, so I shall be taking IB. Should I only be revising for my science exam?
Reply 8
I won't be taking A Levels as I am looking to go and study in the US, so I shall be taking IB. Should I only be revising for my science exam?

Revise for everything! :smile:Don't limit your options by not revising some of your subjects.

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
Math A
Business A-A*
ICT A*
History B-A
Physics A
Biology A
Chemistry B-A
French C-B

CHEM PHY AND BIO USE CGP BOOKS THEY ARE AMAZING I GOT A IN PHYSICS, A IN BIO AND 3 MARKS OF AN A FOR CHEM and trust me i had rubbish teachers
Reply 10
Original post by star80
CHEM PHY AND BIO USE CGP BOOKS THEY ARE AMAZING I GOT A IN PHYSICS, A IN BIO AND 3 MARKS OF AN A FOR CHEM and trust me i had rubbish teachers

Does this work correspondingly to the aqa paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed, you are able to utilise the books for the AQA board, seeing as I'm working against AQA and am using those fantastic resources myself. :smile:
Prioitise your weaker subjects first.

My GCSE Target

English A-A*
Math A
Business A-A*
ICT A*
History B-A
Physics A
Biology A
Chemistry B-A
French C-B

Do every past paper you can, get someone to test you on everything, get the specification and make sure you know it inside out - it's easy to think you know something after reading it through once or twice, but doing past questions will help you realise if you actually do, and will also give you a good idea of the types of questions the exam boards frequently ask
Does this work correspondingly to the aqa paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes in my view if your doing triple award science use CGP.

Quick Reply

Latest