The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ak2015
I just got a 4 week email for maths and econ. Does LSE usually take the whole 4 weeks to respond or could I hear back sooner?

I got the 4 week email for maths and econ today aswell
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by jchap9776
You applying straight econ? What are your stats?

I applied for PPE. I got 12 A*s + dist at GCSE, aaabc at AS, predicted A*A*A*B plus EPQ (likely A*). They seriously need to hurry up haha! What did you apply for and what are your stats?
Original post by uncleshneb
I got the 4 week email for maths and econ today aswell

I also applied for maths and econ, received the 8 week email 2 weeks ago, but my friend who also applied for maths and econ received his 4 weeks email today
Original post by economicsrocks
I applied for PPE. I got 12 A*s + dist at GCSE, aaabc at AS, predicted A*A*A*B plus EPQ (likely A*). They seriously need to hurry up haha! What did you apply for and what are your stats?

Ah nice, awesome stats! Yeah they do!! I applied for straight econ with 9a*s 2a's at GCSEs, aaaa at AS and predicted a*a*a*a* :smile: getting so impatient for the expiry of the 4 week email! Haha
So guessing LSE only gave out more emails today but no actually offers? Guess we'll have to see what tomorrow brings...
Ah nice, awesome stats! Yeah they do!! I applied for straight econ with 9a*s 2a's at GCSEs, aaaa at AS and predicted a*a*a*a* :smile: getting so impatient for the expiry of the 4 week email! Haha

Thank you! Yours are amazing! :biggrin: Ah I know right, I really hope that, just this once, they actually stick to their deadlines and give us a reply by the end of the 4 weeks :smile: Have you heard from any other unis?
Thank you! Yours are amazing! :biggrin: Ah I know right, I really hope that, just this once, they actually stick to their deadlines and give us a reply by the end of the 4 weeks :smile: Have you heard from any other unis?

Cheers :smile: Yeah me too! I've got Exeter and ucl for economics and Warwick for econ and industrial organisation, got rejected from cambridge a week back which was pretty disheartening so now I'm waiting for good ole 1st choice LSE!! Haha, wbu? :smile:
Cheers :smile: Yeah me too! I've got Exeter and ucl for economics and Warwick for econ and industrial organisation, got rejected from cambridge a week back which was pretty disheartening so now I'm waiting for good ole 1st choice LSE!! Haha, wbu? :smile:

Ah well good luck with LSE! Your other offers are so good! I have an offer from Kent (safe) and a rejection from Oxford (without interview). Still waiting on UCL, LSE and Warwick for PPE.
Ah well good luck with LSE! Your other offers are so good! I have an offer from Kent (safe) and a rejection from Oxford (without interview). Still waiting on UCL, LSE and Warwick for PPE.

And to you!! Thanks :smile: best of luck with the remaining 3, all great unis!!
And to you!! Thanks :smile: best of luck with the remaining 3, all great unis!!

Thank you! :biggrin:
I applied last week for Gov+Eco and just got an email saying they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. What does this mean?
Original post by Sweetcorn_1
I applied last week for Gov+Eco and just got an email saying they'd get back to me within 2 weeks. What does this mean?

They're basically seeing if you meet the entry requirements. After this, you should get an email which says that after 8 weeks, they will contact you again :smile:
Reply 2452

Yeah they are checking to see if you meet their preliminary requirements. Do you mind me asking what your grade stats were?
Original post by ghalia8
Yay! finally!
Got offers from other universities or is LSE your firm choice?

LSE is my firm (if they give me offers haha). It is such a long wait.. I applied in October but still they are making no decisions :frown:
Original post by nayilgervinho
I'm stuck between UCL for Statistics, Economics and Finance (Conditional Offer) and LSE for Maths with Economics (4 week email)
Opinions?

I'd definitely go for UCL mate, it sticks out much more.

I hoped I got the offer for UCL! Go for it :biggrin::biggrin:!!!
Original post by avar
Yeah they are checking to see if you meet their preliminary requirements. Do you mind me asking what your grade stats were?

A*AA already achieved.
They're basically seeing if you meet the entry requirements. After this, you should get an email which says that after 8 weeks, they will contact you again :smile:

Damn. Way too long. See you in 10 weeks boys. Good luck.
Damn. Way too long. See you in 10 weeks boys. Good luck.

I'm still waiting for a reply almost 4 months after I submitted my application! Thanks, good luck to you too :smile:
anyone got actuarial offers?
Original post by Jamie S
Gov +Eco??? Anybody with predicted grades heard anything back?

Nope! It's torture! What are your stats, if you don't mind me askingg?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending