The Student Room Group

Being rejected from all my unis

So recently I've been rejected from all my unis to do pharmacy, and it's all because of my predicted grades. I got CCD for my AS (I do math biology and chemistry) and my predicted grades are also CCD (don't even ask) and yeah I knew I wasn't going to get an offer because pharmacy at most unis are AAB, so I saw it coming. But I am really upset about being rejected, I was hoping to get at least one offer. I'm going to be doing 4 retakes and have been revising since the first day that I started A2 because I really wanted to do pharmacy. And now that I've been rejected, it's put a downer on me. All I have left is clearing. Any advice? :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PinkCrayon
So recently I've been rejected from all my unis to do pharmacy, and it's all because of my predicted grades. I got CCD for my AS (I do math biology and chemistry) and my predicted grades are also CCD (don't even ask) and yeah I knew I wasn't going to get an offer because pharmacy at most unis are AAB, so I saw it coming. But I am really upset about being rejected, I was hoping to get at least one offer. I'm going to be doing 4 retakes and have been revising since the first day that I started A2 because I really wanted to do pharmacy. And now that I've been rejected, it's put a downer on me. All I have left is clearing, but I don't know how I'm going to tell me parents I've been rejected. Any advice? :frown:

You don't have to wait until Clearing. You will be eligible for Extra which starts soon http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/adding-extra-choices

Start researching now to see if there are any non-Pharm courses that might be open to you for 2015 entry (maybe courses offering a foundation year that might allow an application onto pharmacy in 2016?) or if there are any other options that you'd like to pursue instead of pharmacy.

Once you've sat your exams if you're confident of exceeding your predictions then get back in touch with your pharmacy choices and ask them to bear you in mind in August if they have space available.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
You don't have to wait until Clearing. You will be eligible for Extra which starts soon http://www.ucas.com/how-it-all-works/undergraduate/tracking-your-application/adding-extra-choices

Start researching now to see if there are any non-Pharm courses that might be open to you for 2015 entry (maybe courses offering a foundation year that might allow an application onto pharmacy in 2016?) or if there are any other options that you'd like to pursue instead of pharmacy.

Once you've sat your exams if you're confident of exceeding your predictions then get back in touch with your pharmacy choices and ask them to bear you in mind in August if they have space available.

Thanks for the advice, pharmacy is what I really want to do, and the foundation year seems like a good option but that would mean an extra year (and pharmacy is already 4 years) and extra costs so I would have to think about that. I really do hope I get the grades I need for pharmacy by the end of the year, so yeah if exams go well I might phone the unis up for a August placement. Gosh I wish I could just skip this year.
Reply 3
I am sorry but how did you expect at least one offer when your predicted CCD and the requirment is AAB especially for pharmacy ?
Reply 4
Original post by iSL97
I am sorry but how did you expect at least one offer when your predicted CCD and the requirment is AAB especially for pharmacy ?

A lot of people talked about how personal statements and experiences really help to get an offer, so I made sure that my PS was amazing, also one of the unis I applied for had an A2B scheme which basically lowers the grade requirements. Thing is I was not expecting an offer, I was only hoping.
Reply 5
A lot of people talked about how personal statements and experiences really help to get an offer, so I made sure that my PS was amazing, also one of the unis I applied for had an A2B scheme which basically lowers the grade requirements. Thing is I was not expecting an offer, I was only hoping.

What did you apply for? and when did you send your application off? and when did you get your a2b offer? Sorry for all the question. Thanks a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Tay97
What did you apply for? and when did you send your application off? and when did you get your a2b offer? Sorry for all the question. Thanks a lot.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiii all the info is on the thread, but I'll type it again. I applied for pharmacy, and are you talking about the A2b application, cause that was unsuccessful
In terms of telling your parents, just tell them. Don't be all negative, talking about being rejected. Just say you didn't get into where you wanted to and that you're going to see what you can do through clearing. All is not lost.
Reply 8
Original post by kingoftheting
In terms of telling your parents, just tell them. Don't be all negative, talking about being rejected. Just say you didn't get into where you wanted to and that you're going to see what you can do through clearing. All is not lost.

Thank you but yeah I've told my parents a few weeks back,, and they were just sad but have been really supportive of me,, don't know why I was so afraid to tell them.. But thanks for your message
A lot of colleges run foundation degrees now, could be worth doing that then a top up year at uni which is the third year to make a full degree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by RussMack
A lot of colleges run foundation degrees now, could be worth doing that then a top up year at uni which is the third year to make a full degree

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for this advice, foundation year will be my option if I get really low grades, I'm still hoping to do the MPharm degree if I get the grades. But will foundation degree be a disadvantage when looking for jobs, that's my only concern and reason for why foundation year is my last resort
Dunno what you expected with those dissapointing grades, to say the least.

All the best with your re-takes but really it should've never come to that.
Reply 12
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Wow you seem to be a really supportive person that anyone can go to for advice, tell me something I don't know!
but I don't know how I'm going to tell me parents I've been rejected. Any advice? :frown:

In regards to tell your parents there isn't any real Magic answer. My advice tell them as soon as possible p, if your nervous try approaching them one at a time. If thats what you decide to do go for the parent that is most understanding. Sit them down and just tell them, ask them to not say anything straight away and tell them about your options in extra and clearing. And then tell your other parent as a group once again the same way.

If you want to tell them together, sit them down ( get them in a good mood ) once again ask them. It to say anything or interrupt you and tell them about what has happened and your options. Just a quick question did they know what you applied to do and who you applied to.
Reply 14
Original post by garfeeled
In regards to tell your parents there isn't any real Magic answer. My advice tell them as soon as possible p, if your nervous try approaching them one at a time. If thats what you decide to do go for the parent that is most understanding. Sit them down and just tell them, ask them to not say anything straight away and tell them about your options in extra and clearing. And then tell your other parent as a group once again the same way.

If you want to tell them together, sit them down ( get them in a good mood ) once again ask them. It to say anything or interrupt you and tell them about what has happened and your options. Just a quick question did they know what you applied to do and who you applied to.

Thank you for your advice, but i've told my parents now and they've been very supportive, yepp they knew everything which is what made me nervous to tell them, especially since they had particular unis that they really wanted me to go to. But i've explained the whole clearing process and they are now just like "work hard and get the grades"
But thank you
Wow you seem to be a really supportive person that anyone can go to for advice, tell me something I don't know!

I'm sorry, that was uncalled for, I don't know what got over me.

I hope everything works out for you.
Reply 16
I'm sorry, that was uncalled for, I don't know what got over me.

I hope everything works out for you.

Its fine, its fine, at least you apolagized
Sorry to hear that, What you could do is smash all your exams plus your retakes and go through clearing.
In sha Allah with amazing grades you can get into a top uni like kings for Pharmacy, which is what one of my colleagues did!
Best of luck
-J.A
So recently I've been rejected from all my unis to do pharmacy, and it's all because of my predicted grades. I got CCD for my AS (I do math biology and chemistry) and my predicted grades are also CCD (don't even ask) and yeah I knew I wasn't going to get an offer because pharmacy at most unis are AAB, so I saw it coming. But I am really upset about being rejected, I was hoping to get at least one offer. I'm going to be doing 4 retakes and have been revising since the first day that I started A2 because I really wanted to do pharmacy. And now that I've been rejected, it's put a downer on me. All I have left is clearing, but I don't know how I'm going to tell me parents I've been rejected. Any advice? :frown:

Hey i had similar AS grades and after retaking during my a2 i managed to get much better... there is no reason why you cant do the same. i know many people who flopped AS and some who got a lot worse than ccd and they managed to get A's and B's overall. all the content will come alot easier to you when learning it second time round so dont stress too much :smile: put the work in and you will get in to a pharmacy course... listen we have all been there, me included, but try to be motivated and you can do it!! good luck!!

I think you need to get your head out of your own arse mate! All I ever see you do on TSR is talk about yourself! But then again, what do I expect from a website like this?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending