The Student Room Group

Someone please make me revise!!! :(

I'm in year 12 and my mocks are really soon. I basically haven't done any revision yet - I just can't make myself revise!! I get so tired from doing my homework, I just don't have any energy left over to make myself revise as well. I basically just waste my time procrastinating etc.

I don't care if you're harsh towards me, just please motivate me to revise!! I really want to do well in my mocks and real exams, but I just can't seem to motivate myself :frown:

For example - It's already 5:30pm and all I've done is ate a cookie, snapchatted people, went on youtube and TSR etc - I've just wasted so much time and I can't stop myself >_<

Thanks!
Anyone??
Original post by strawberrysnow
I'm in year 12 and my mocks are really soon. I basically haven't done any revision yet - I just can't make myself revise!! I get so tired from doing my homework, I just don't have any energy left over to make myself revise as well. I basically just waste my time procrastinating etc.

I don't care if you're harsh towards me, just please motivate me to revise!! I really want to do well in my mocks and real exams, but I just can't seem to motivate myself :frown:

For example - It's already 5:30pm and all I've done is ate a cookie, snapchatted people, went on youtube and TSR etc - I've just wasted so much time and I can't stop myself >_<

Thanks!

I do the same. If you want to be unemployed and miserable, carry on. Think of the good job and nice house you'll have, or the feeling of those great results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone??

Hannahh. Think about getting your results back and not getting the grade you wanted ie getting a D :tongue: I think the sheer possibility of feeling so disappointed in myself makes me revise :redface:
Original post by Edminzodo
I do the same. If you want to be unemployed and miserable, carry on. Think of the good job and nice house you'll have, or the feeling of those great results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks - straight to the point and what I needed :smile:

Hopefully this will work xD
Original post by Magnesium
Hannahh. Think about getting your results back and not getting the grade you wanted ie getting a D :tongue: I think the sheer possibility of feeling so disappointed in myself makes me revise :redface:

Maaaggiiieeee help meeeee ><

The thing is, I just tell myself that I'll revise for the real thing which makes me put off mock revision :'(
Maaaggiiieeee help meeeee ><

The thing is, I just tell myself that I'll revise for the real thing which makes me put off mock revision :'(

Honestly, don't be like me. I get so stressed out even if the test is a module test. I always treat mocks like the real thing - that way I know where I'll mess up in the real thing :frown:
Honestly, don't be like me. I get so stressed out even if the test is a module test. I always treat mocks like the real thing - that way I know where I'll mess up in the real thing :frown:

That's quite a good idea...

I can never be bothered to do anything extra other than doing my homework :colondollar: and ugghhh mocks scare me too, but that's partly the reason why I put it off so much :frown:
That's quite a good idea...

I can never be bothered to do anything extra other than doing my homework :colondollar: and ugghhh mocks scare me too, but that's partly the reason why I put it off so much :frown:

I get really tired too after finishing my homework :frown: But I figure that I worked so hard to get to where I am, I might as well keep working hard to get to where I want to be :tongue: Yeah, I put off mock revision a lot in the holidays and then it finally dawned on me that I have mocks :tongue: When are yours?
Reply 9
If you don't revise and then get rubbish grades, you won't get a high-powered, high-pressure job. You won't have to work long hours of unpaid overtime. No working weekends putting together presentations or project plans or reports. No sucking up to scumbag big bosses who can destroy your hard-won career with the stroke of a pen. Constantly worried about your back-stabbing scheming colleagues who are fighting for the same promotion as you.

Instead you'll have a nice cushy job in a supermarket or shop or factory, working a straight 40 hours a week. All overtime paid for. Possibly even union support. All your colleagues will be your drinking buddies and best mates.

And instead of anxiety-filled holidays to weird, exotic locations which cost a fortune and you spend all your time ill, all your holidays will be on the beach in Spain, getting tanned, drunk and shagged senseless for not a lot of money.

If you're careful, you won't even have to worry about a mortgage. In fact, if you're suitably careless with the contraception, instead you'll be in protected social housing.

So get back on YouTube. Have you seen those videos of dogs dressed as bees - beedogs? They're great! So are the Russian car crashes - I once spent an entire weekend looking at them. Them and train crashes. Sod the revising, have fun!

Just remember: by failing to get into university, you're freeing up a place for someone who wants to be there! It's your civic duty!
I get really tired too after finishing my homework :frown: But I figure that I worked so hard to get to where I am, I might as well keep working hard to get to where I want to be :tongue: Yeah, I put off mock revision a lot in the holidays and then it finally dawned on me that I have mocks :tongue: When are yours?

Aha, same - I was planning to do lots in the Christmas holidays, but that went down the drain :tongue:

And thanks - that makes me want to go on with all this homework :biggrin:

Mine are straight after half term, but the thing is, I'm busy/away during half term, so I figured I should probably start my revision ASAP... (especially considering I did practically none during the hols) >_<

When do yours end?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Simes
If you don't revise and then get rubbish grades, you won't get a high-powered, high-pressure job. You won't have to work long hours of unpaid overtime. No working weekends putting together presentations or project plans or reports. No sucking up to scumbag big bosses who can destroy your hard-won career with the stroke of a pen. Constantly worried about your back-stabbing scheming colleagues who are fighting for the same promotion as you.

Instead you'll have a nice cushy job in a supermarket or shop or factory, working a straight 40 hours a week. All overtime paid for. Possibly even union support. All your colleagues will be your drinking buddies and best mates.

And instead of anxiety-filled holidays to weird, exotic locations which cost a fortune and you spend all your time ill, all your holidays will be on the beach in Spain, getting tanned, drunk and shagged senseless for not a lot of money.

If you're careful, you won't even have to worry about a mortgage. In fact, if you're suitably careless with the contraception, instead you'll be in protected social housing.

So get back on YouTube. Have you seen those videos of dogs dressed as bees - beedogs? They're great! So are the Russian car crashes - I once spent an entire weekend looking at them. Them and train crashes. Sod the revising, have fun!

Just remember: by failing to get into university, you're freeing up a place for someone who wants to be there! It's your civic duty!

Aha thank you! XD

Motivate me as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Discipline > Motivation.

Find out what needs to be done and GET IT DONE.

Discipline is doing what you don't want to even when you don't want to do it because of the bigger picture.
Revise !

On the other hand... you don't need good grades to be well-paid.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Edminzodo
Motivate me as well!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find getting all my revision done and knowing everything to have a very relaxing product :tongue: In essence, revision itself and the exam is stressful, but imagine going into the exam feeling confident you know everything and could answer any question thrown at you - that feels pretty good :wink:
Your probably like me, at home i'm terrible at revising; the computer is there, Xbox is there, my family are always asking me to do stuff and coming into my room etc. and I literally CANNOT make myself revise.

It took me a year to realize what the problem was and now i'm a productivity ninja! I get so much done during the week!

The problem was THE LOCATION that I was revising in...i'm in Y13 currently, and I do 99.9% of my revision OUTSIDE of my home; you'll regularly find me in the school library, public library, university library or coffee shop* getting about 2/3 hours daily done. (I also like McDonald's as well because it's surprisingly quiet where I live :colondollar:).

Seriously, try it. You'll be surprised at the difference it makes to your levels of concentration, attitude to work and getting stuff done.

Oh and one more thing, I find I'm less productive when I'm revising spontaneously with no real goal. For example, at the start of each week I make a to do and list write down what I want to get done (I try not to be too over ambitious, because that can be demotivating). I also NEVER schedule a time to complete the items on my to do list, 80% of the time something will come up during the week and screw the whole plan up. So just writing the list and making sure I get it all done over the week during the times I can revise is a more flexible way of being productive.

*make sure you go in a coffee shop where they'll allow you to "camp out" for a few hours, like Costa or Starbucks, smaller local coffee chains don't like it when you're there for too long. Also take a pair of headphones, if it gets too noisy they're great in helping you keep focused.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending