The Student Room Group

Anyone else on here applied to do either Diagnostic Radiography or Midwifery?

I have applied to do Diagnostic Radiography at Herts, St Georges and Southbank and Midwifery at Surrey and Kingston and I have not heard anything at all. My application has been in for about 3 weeks and not a single update, offer, rejection or interview. Anyone else applying for similar?
I'm applying for adult nursing and I sent mine off a month ago and still haven't heard back. Don't worry though, I consider this a good thing because I see it as the unis taking time to look at your application :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by laurenmccready
I'm applying for adult nursing and I sent mine off a month ago and still haven't heard back. Don't worry though, I consider this a good thing because I see it as the unis taking time to look at your application :smile:

Which uni's did you apply for ? Yes that's true I hope !
Original post by Leanne31
Which uni's did you apply for ? Yes that's true I hope !

I applied to Plymouth (Plymouth campus) Plymouth (Cornwall campus) Southamption, Kings College and Oxford Brookes. Where did you apply? :smile:
Reply 4
Herts, St Georges, Surrey, Kingston and Lon South Bank. Good luck and hope you hear soon!
How did you write a personal statement for two different but highly competitive courses? I have been to lots of radiography open days and three interviews and all the unis made it clear not to apply if you were not 100% committed to radiography and if not they wouldn't consider you. At my interview at Teesside the midwifery interviews were on the same day, some girls had applied for three years running and had nursey and antenatal class work experience in the hope they made it third time lucky.

It it is a tough call, do you have work experience for both courses? I wish you the best of luck, but if you don't get an offer this time, look into picking one or the other and building on that. Good luck, at least no rejections so whatever you wrote must have been good :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by FeelingDepressed
How did you write a personal statement for two different but highly competitive courses? I have been to lots of radiography open days and three interviews and all the unis made it clear not to apply if you were not 100% committed to radiography and if not they wouldn't consider you. At my interview at Teesside the midwifery interviews were on the same day, some girls had applied for three years running and had nursey and antenatal class work experience in the hope they made it third time lucky.

It it is a tough call, do you have work experience for both courses? I wish you the best of luck, but if you don't get an offer this time, look into picking one or the other and building on that. Good luck, at least no rejections so whatever you wrote must have been good :smile:

Yes I am pretty worried! I wrote my personal statement completely 100% towards Radiography and at that point, I had only applied to study the Radiography course at 3 x uni's. However, I thought about it quite a bit over the following days and started to regret not going for Midwifery also, as I had ummed and ahhed over trying for this course also. I was basically expecting to get straight rejections from Midwifery as my PS was not geared towards that course, but I thought it was worth a shot. I then emailed the two universities, I had applied for Midwifery with - basically explaining myself and explaining my reasons.

I am a mature student with two current degree's and I am a qualified Probation Officer who also has voluntary experience working as a Special Constable, so maybe me having two degree's already helped? however I have no hospital experience, so maybe my rejection letters are in the post lol.

How did you get on? Have you received offers? If so, from where?
I have offers from university of Leeds and Cumbria, had an interview at Teesside and have Bradford this week with Salford in Feb. Stay positive there is no reason why you won't get interviews for radiography at the least. You certainly have life experience with your Special volunteering so fingers crossed x

Quick Reply

Latest