The Student Room Group

Your HOBBIES!!

Right, so my mum has banned me from playing anymore video games, I'm looking for alternative hobbies ;_;

What are some of yours? :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

ball is life. play sports.

watch documentaries on youtube. there's a lot to learn about the past and the present.

get a part time job
Reply 2
Posting on here. But you're doing that already.
Original post by CalvinJ21
ball is life. play sports.

watch documentaries on youtube. there's a lot to learn about the past and the present.

get a part time job

I'm too lazy to go out and do something physical strenuous. But I like documentaries, thanks :3

Part time job isn't a hobby....

Original post by Simes
Posting on here. But you're doing that already.

True
currently :

writing stories
reading
playing the piano

in the past I've also enjoyed knitting, baking, crocheting...
How old are you? Why did she ban video games?

I like to go for long walks in the countryside. And I mean hours at a time. But you have to live near countryside to be able to do that.

I also used to build airfix models. I had to stop when prices started going up though, but that was a few years ago now. Some bits can be very fiddly but I still enjoyed it.
Reply 6
Read books man, it's fun and your mom will think you're smart.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE crochet, I play guitar and bake too (-: x
Reply 8
swimming, tennis, violin, poetry (classical usually), painting, lots of other stuff

i find walking in exotic locations interesting and observing the wildlife, it helps me think about other stuff to do as well
I learn programming when I was younger. I made an Android app which makes me a tidy sum each month :smile:

Right now, though, I'm more into producing electronic music.
Original post by kaiwid23
I learn programming when I was younger. I made an Android app which makes me a tidy sum each month :smile:

Right now, though, I'm more into producing electronic music.

I do programming as well, although not Android (I did try it my computer was to slow to simulate the software lmao). I do some not so legal reverse engineering stuff
I have no hobbies besides school and getting angry with inanimate objects.

My life is so pathetic...

You could do the typical TSR thing and either read some educational books, or do something 'helpful' in the community. Or lie about doing so in your personal statement...
playing acoustic guitar
I play it every day until my fingers get blistered
right now both my guitars have broken strings so I'm ****ed
Reply 13
Fitness
Listening to music
Watching stuff
Programming, reading and baking, nothing too exciting. :colondollar: I wish I could learn how to play an instrument and didn't suck so much at sport tbh. :frown:
reading!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahee:
Original post by R Dragon
Right, so my mum has banned me from playing anymore video games, I'm looking for alternative hobbies ;_;

What are some of yours? :biggrin:

Maths(doesn't really count as a hobby), programming.
Original post by morgan8002
Maths(doesn't really count as a hobby)

You've probably only been exposed to school maths if you really think this
Original post by Labyrinthine
You've probably only been exposed to school maths if you really think this

I don't really get what you mean, but it doesn't really count as a hobby because I want to spend my life studying it. A hobby is not so important.

I've gone a bit beyond A-level(STEP etc.), but I'm not undergraduate yet.
edit: I see you are still not undergraduate either.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by drowzee
Programming, reading and baking, nothing too exciting. :colondollar: I wish I could learn how to play an instrument and didn't suck so much at sport tbh. :frown:

what language do you program? what do you like to read? what do u cook :tongue:? I can't sympathise with the sports thing its always come naturally.

Quick Reply