The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Thanks, I've heard good things about Baccano before so I'll go with that.

I started watching Yowamushi Pedal and just got up to date. I have no idea whether I like or hate Midousuji:lol:.

I'm rewatching Baccano! for the second time at the moment (literally just taking a break between the 5th and 6th episode to check for new posts :p:), and it is amazing. :yes:

Midousuji Akira was my favourite villain from of all of last year's anime series - quite an achievement, considering some of the other villains actually killed people! Their facial expressions weren't as entertaining, though. :p:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I'm rewatching Baccano! for the second time at the moment (literally just taking a break between the 5th and 6th episode to check for new posts :p:), and it is amazing. :yes:

Midousuji Akira was my favourite villain from of all of last year's anime series - quite an achievement, considering some of the other villains actually killed people! Their facial expressions weren't as entertaining, though. :p:

I'm starting it now, I like the OP:smile:

His facial expressions are so creepy. Onoda and Tadokoro singing the Love Hime song while riding through the field is probably my favourite scene:lol:.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 8442
Ok, I'm now up to date with all of my weeklies, so I've decided to give Kuroko's Basketball another chance. I did watch the opening episode of the first season and it didn't grab me, for some reason. Given that it's now received a third season, which is rated very highly, I must be missing out. So, that can only mean one thing, time to marathon. :tongue:
Original post by Aiko
Ok, I'm now up to date with all of my weeklies, so I've decided to give Kuroko's Basketball another chance. I did watch the opening episode of the first season and it didn't grab me, for some reason. Given that it's now received a third season, which is rated very highly, I must be missing out. So, that can only mean one thing, time to marathon. :tongue:

Kuroko's basketball is pretty slow to start but in my opinion it just keeps getting better and better. Season 3 is going to be amazing:biggrin:, I hope you begin to enjoy it.
Original post by Aiko

*MARATHON!!!!! :woo::woo::woo:
Original post by Aiko
Yeah, generally speaking, the internet access is better in Japan, certainly in households, but I guess I was just unlucky this time around. I was actually in Tokyo as well.

I'm from Japan, so I tend to pay a trip at least once a year to see family. I'm sure you'll have your opportunity to visit. I know it's almost every anime fan's dream to walk around Akiba. :tongue:

Oh right, that's cool, your English is really good btw, aside from your username I wouldn't have known you were Japanese.

You're right about the Akkiba visit although strangely enough my interest in japan was long before I had ever gotten into anime - during my early teens I used to honestly think it was weird to watch "Chinese cartoons" - glad I came over the hurdle :biggrin: I was actually more interested in stuff like high speed rail technology, the Kobe earthquake recovery, high speed network tech and of course their games, most of this existed/happened before I was even born - I guess you could say my wikipedia adventures instilled an admiration for Japan.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
I'm starting it now, I like the OP:smile:

His facial expressions are so creepy. Onoda and Tadokoro singing the Love Hime song while riding through the field is probably my favourite scene:lol:.

I loved that scene! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing :biggrin:
Original post by Ki Yung Na
I loved that scene! I couldn't stop smiling and laughing :biggrin:

Yeah it was fantastic:biggrin:, I never thought a show about cycling could be so good.
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah it was fantastic:biggrin:, I never thought a show about cycling could be so good.

I know right! I like Onoda a lot, he's not like other male characters at all especially for the sport genre, I like it how he's just all about enjoying himself; it's just so fun to watch! He's kind of similar to the guy from Baby Steps, heard of it?

It's also hilarious when Imaizumi lets his guard down during the extras with his secret fondness for love hime - reminds me of myself when I first got into stuff like Katekyo Hitman, D Gray Man, and Prince of Tennis as well as many other shows which I couldn't help but get carried away with. :smile:
I know right! I like Onoda a lot, he's not like other male characters at all especially for the sport genre, I like it how he's just all about enjoying himself; it's just so fun to watch! He's kind of similar to the guy from Baby Steps, heard of it?

It's also hilarious when Imaizumi lets his guard down during the extras with his secret fondness for love hime - reminds me of myself when I first got into stuff like Katekyo Hitman, D Gray Man, and Prince of Tennis as well as many other shows which I couldn't help but get carried away with. :smile:

Nah I haven't seen Baby Steps:tongue:. That bathroom scene is great where even Kinjou joins in:lol:. Arakita is my favourite character, he's had some great character development in GR. I like Hakone as much as Sohoku so I'll be sad to see them lose eventually.
Original post by Red Fox
Nah I haven't seen Baby Steps:tongue:. That bathroom scene is great where even Kinjou joins in:lol:. Arakita is my favourite character, he's had some great character development in GR. I like Hakone as much as Sohoku so I'll be sad to see them lose eventually.

So I have been kinda reading this convo. What anime is this? Sounds fun!
You should watch baby steps! The main character is fun! (I don't watch it but I read the manga)
Original post by Red Fox

Haha yeah, I haven't started season 2 yet but I imagine it'll be just as fun.

Original post by steadmusic
You should watch baby steps! The main character is fun! (I don't watch it but I read the manga)

Yowamushi Pedal :smile:
Haha yeah, I haven't started season 2 yet but I imagine it'll be just as fun.

Yowamushi Pedal :smile:

Thanks

Yeah it's Yowamushi Pedal as said above, I'd definitely recommend it:smile:.
Reply 8454
Oh right, that's cool, your English is really good btw, aside from your username I wouldn't have known you were Japanese.

Well, I've been living in the west for 13 years now, moving to the UK when I was 18. I also attended an international school in Tokyo where the classes were taught in English, which helped a lot. :smile:

You're right about the Akkiba visit although strangely enough my interest in japan was long before I had ever gotten into anime - during my early teens I used to honestly think it was weird to watch "Chinese cartoons" - glad I came over the hurdle :biggrin: I was actually more interested in stuff like high speed rail technology, the Kobe earthquake recovery, high speed network tech and of course their games, most of this existed/happened before I was even born - I guess you could say my wikipedia adventures instilled an admiration for Japan.

Spoiler

No need to apologise, you're not the first person I've met on here that has expressed an interest in Japanese culture. It's perfectly understandable. I suppose, when you're living there, you take all of the things you've mentioned for granted. Honestly, for my own reasons, I couldn't wait to leave and even now it's unlikely I'll ever go back to live, given my current situation. However, I've definitely come to appreciate my native country a lot more since leaving.

Edit: To answer your question, I was born in Kyoto, so nope, I'm not from Okinawa. I moved to Tokyo when I was 13, so my Kansai dialect has largely been replaced by the Tokyo one. That said, occasionally I'll pronounce words that suggest I'm originally from the Kansai region. :tongue:

Original post by Red Fox
Kuroko's basketball is pretty slow to start but in my opinion it just keeps getting better and better. Season 3 is going to be amazing:biggrin:, I hope you begin to enjoy it.

*MARATHON!!!!! :woo::woo::woo:

Yeah, I'm currently on episode four and I'm already seeing glimpses of why it's so popular. I'm something of a fan of sport shounen, so I'll definitely be sticking with this now. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
What is the official release date for season 2 of attack on titan?
Original post by captainslow69
What is the official release date for season 2 of attack on titan?

Sometime in 2016. No exact date as far as I'm aware.
Original post by Red Fox
Sometime in 2016. No exact date as far as I'm aware.

Ok thanks :biggrin:
Original post by captainslow69
Ok thanks :biggrin:

No problem, it's gonna be a long wait:lol:.
Original post by Aiko

Yeah, I'm currently on episode four and I'm already seeing glimpses of why it's so popular. I'm something of a fan of sport shounen, so I'll definitely be sticking with this now. :smile:

I've seen some episodes dozens of times, yet I always tear up at how epic it is :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest