The Student Room Group

BMW or Mercedes-Benz

If you could choose any car model from either one,which would you go for?

I want to go back to driving a BMW,so smooth.:colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BMW
Reply 2
Original post by zed963
BMW

Why?
Reply 3
Original post by queen-bee
Why?

Just like the look of them.
Reply 4
Pfff both suck sis sorry. Go with english cars. Or japanese.

BMW - most agressive drivers and it screams SWAG - their hybrids I like though but it is still too early to speak of them.

Mercedes - dated 'class' and those cars get rusty so quickly it is ridiculous... Overpriced like hell! I just resent them really bad.
bmw since i was like 10- always hated choosing what most others do and bmw was there as the first other car i saw to merc so that was that lol
Original post by SiminaM

BMW - most agressive drivers and it screams SWAG - their hybrids I like though but it is still too early to speak of them.

Mercedes - dated 'class' and those cars get rusty so quickly it is ridiculous... Overpriced like hell! I just resent them really bad.

you must have no idea of what a car is,
all about the german whips and im sayin BMW 1 series nice compact sexy 2nd hand can be at a good price and i have one myself so yhhh its beastt
tbf mercedes are classy cars tho..but still very good.
Neither, But there again, I have a Mini Cooper S, So no taste in cars here..... Always wanted a Subaru though...
Reply 8
If you could choose any car model from either one,which would you go for?

I want to go back to driving a BMW,so smooth.:colondollar:

this sexy beast - BMW M3 :coma:
Reply 9
Original post by Gax
this sexy beast - BMW M3 :coma:

Ah I'm loving the colour! Sexy beast of a machine
Reply 10
Original post by SiminaM

English cars break so easily but Japanese cars are very durable and reliable :redface:
How do you know all this infor sis,never took you as the fast and furious type? ;p

i used to drive a bmw but now I have a Range Rover which is extra cool but I really miss the bmw beast!
(edited 9 years ago)
English cars break so easily but Japanese cars are very durable and reliable :redface:
How do you know all this infor sis,never took you as the fast and furious type? ;p

i used to drive a bmw but now I have a Range Rover which is extra cool but I really miss the bmw beast!

I know because I grew up with toy cars instead of barbies and by 4 I could tell what model a car was only looking at its headlamp. This passion stuck with me until now. I had plenty of experience with german, english and japanese cars and I find that german cars lack personality and japanese cars have technology just as good if not better. I just love english cars. Old school stuff and quite simplistic but very effective nonetheless. They don't try to impress but do it because they are a statement, a living treasure by themselves. German cars are the opposite: constantly trying so hard to seem rich and impressive but in my opinion they fail miserabily.
Take Aston Martin vs Porsche and Jaguar vs Mercedes. It's not even a competition in my opinion. But don't judge - everyone has their own taste.
1058298.png
Reply 14
Original post by SiminaM
I know because I grew up with toy cars instead of barbies and by 4 I could tell what model a car was only looking at its headlamp. This passion stuck with me until now. I had plenty of experience with german, english and japanese cars and I find that german cars lack personality and japanese cars have technology just as good if not better. I just love english cars. Old school stuff and quite simplistic but very effective nonetheless. They don't try to impress but do it because they are a statement, a living treasure by themselves. German cars are the opposite: constantly trying so hard to seem rich and impressive but in my opinion they fail miserabily.
Take Aston Martin vs Porsche and Jaguar vs Mercedes. It's not even a competition in my opinion. But don't judge - everyone has their own taste.

I like your style sis! This is a whole new side to you :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
1058298.png

Keep your posts on topic and keep you nonsense away from my thread. Thank you
BMW!

I've always wanted a one series as a first car, to me bmws just scream sexiness
I like your style sis! This is a whole new side to you :tongue:

Oh if you only knew :tongue: I have very strong opinions about stuff and that makes me very passionate so I end up researching all types of crap. My mind craves it.
Keep your posts on topic and keep your nonsense away from my thread. Thank you.

Fixed. :u:
Mercedez Benz all the way. Classy, reliable and just an amazing car in general.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest