The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluffroom
I got 29/30 today in the multiple choice section. Everyone else got like 17 at best . It worries me how people can't get a high score in it, it's so ****ing easy. People didn't even know what a fjord was and they do geography... :|
It's a reading test for pity sake

That's quite disturbing.. I guess reading just isn't the strength of some people :lol:
With every passing further maths lesson I become more and more glad that I changed my degree choice to pure physics

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StarvingAutist
That's quite disturbing.. I guess reading just isn't the strength of some people :lol:

Or thinking :|
Or thinking :|

Sometimes I wonder how teachers manage not to commit suicide..
Sometimes I wonder how teachers manage not to commit suicide..

lots of coke.
lots of coke.

I can see that.. Miss Dennis for example :tongue:
I can see that.. Miss Dennis for example :tongue:

I think she has yeast in her stomach rendering her permanently drunk tbh.
I think she has yeast in her stomach rendering her permanently drunk tbh.

Interesting theory.. shame you're not doing a medicine degree so you could develop it further
Interesting theory.. shame you're not doing a medicine degree so you could develop it further

languages. that is all.

e: I'd rather do coke than do that.
languages. that is all.

e: I'd rather do coke than do that.

Fair point, I can't counter that argument. Doctors, after all, do often become alcoholics. Kind of like teachers, I suppose - instead of "just understand it you ****wit" it's "stop dying". Depressing.
Fair point, I can't counter that argument. Doctors, after all, do often become alcoholics. Kind of like teachers, I suppose - instead of "just understand it you ****wit" it's "stop dying". Depressing.

Public sector work isn't for me.
Original post by rachelc142
With every passing further maths lesson I become more and more glad that I changed my degree choice to pure physics

Posted from TSR Mobile

Preach :cool: what modules/board are you doing it on? Ocr fp3 is literally going right over my head atm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Preach :cool: what modules/board are you doing it on? Ocr fp3 is literally going right over my head atm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel fp2, s2 and d2
Fp2 makes me wanna die
S2 isn't so bad just a lot to remember and sometimes hard questions catch me off guard
D2 only done a tiny bit
Am also resitting m2& fp1 :frown:

What kinda stuff dya do in FP3? The things I find hardest atm is de moivres/complex numbers and loci, polar coordinates and differential equations </3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NinjaPandaa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you mei? I'm doing OCR mei fp3 at the moment. Vector calculus is the devil's work!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel fp2, s2 and d2
Fp2 makes me wanna die
S2 isn't so bad just a lot to remember and sometimes hard questions catch me off guard
D2 only done a tiny bit

What kinda stuff dya do in FP3? The things I find hardest atm is de moivres/complex numbers and loci, polar coordinates and differential equations </3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Complex numbers *shudder* do you do hyperbolics as well? I find those pretty tough. I basically find anything that's not integration/differentiation difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel fp2, s2 and d2
Fp2 makes me wanna die
D2 only done a tiny bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find it strange that you guys have to do 'further maths' to learn this; we get taught a lot of this stuff at Advanced Higher here in Scotland.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _Caz_
Complex numbers *shudder* do you do hyperbolics as well? I find those pretty tough. I basically find anything that's not integration/differentiation difficult.

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did basic hyperbolic & parabolic in fp1 but nothing like fp3 by the sounds of it.
I still find integration super hard, we've not covered it in maths and tried to do it quickly in further maths so we could carry on w differential equations but my brain hasn't caught up yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We did basic hyperbolic & parabolic in fp1 but nothing like fp3 by the sounds of it.
I still find integration super hard, we've not covered it in maths and tried to do it quickly in further maths so we could carry on w differential equations but my brain hasn't caught up yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hyperbolics are in my fp2. We do stuff like sinh, cosh and tanh etc. Where sinh(x)= 1/2(e^x - e^-x) it gets so confusing because all of the trigonometric identities are slightly different to normal trig.

Good luck with it all though :smile: I hope it goes okay for you. If you need any calculus help send me a PM and I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _Caz_
Hyperbolics are in my fp2. We do stuff like sinh, cosh and tanh etc. Where sinh(x)= 1/2(e^x - e^-x) it gets so confusing because all of the trigonometric identities are slightly different to normal trig.

Good luck with it all though :smile: I hope it goes okay for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ew jesus that sounds horrible haha :frown: we don't do sinh etc.
Thankyou! And you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by _Caz_

Good luck with it all though :smile: I hope it goes okay for you. If you need any calculus help send me a PM and I'll try my best

Posted from TSR Mobile

From memory, isn't it just that any of the identities with sinh in (or it might be sinh^2) have a sign change before it? Osbourne's rule or something, so that would include cosech, tanh and coth as these have sinh in. I may be talking rubbish though, not done it in a while- I'll look at my notes in the morning if I remember.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest