The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Suggestion:

You know how "we should know more sahabah than celebrities" and all that? Let's try naming as many sahabah as we can and if you're able to a one or two sentences to say who they are too. And if someone repeats a sahabi's name they have to stop participating for a while then join in later. The purpose is to see how many sahabah we really do know and we can hopefully be encouraged to learn about a few more.
Asalaam alaikummmmmmmmm sisters and brothers. I haven't been on here for a while lol.

How are you all? What have I missed?

New thread mashaAllah mashaAllah :biggrin:
Original post by Incredible97

Cute
Original post by kabuligirl
Asalaam alaikummmmmmmmm sisters and brothers. I haven't been on here for a while lol.

WalaikumAsalaam my dear afghan Sis
Its nice to see you back Jaan
We're all good alhamdullilah thanks
Yep Mashallah new thread, ISOC is always active
How are you?
WalaikumAsalaam my dear afghan Sis
Its nice to see you back Jaan
We're all good alhamdullilah thanks
Yep Mashallah new thread, ISOC is always active
How are you?

Thanks janem!! It's nice to speak to you after a while sister :biggrin:.

I'm fine alhamdulilah. How is sixth form? Has you got all your offers?
Talha ra one of the ten promised paradise in this world... Dug the Prophets grave... Protected the Prophet in a battle with his body suffering multiple arrow wounds
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Really, what's wrong with his knowledge of Islam and laws. could you link those videos please. Also, are u sure he's not a hafiz. That's pretty hard to believe, considering he knows every ayat's chapter and verse number.

He learns the relevant verses that he needs... One of the main dangers is that whereas we follow a certain imam such as imam Abu hanifah... He doesn't follow any imams but rather gives his opinion and follows his own rules that he makes... Doing his own research from hadith...
Original post by FlareBlitz96
Really, what's wrong with his knowledge of Islam and laws. could you link those videos please. Also, are u sure he's not a hafiz. That's pretty hard to believe, considering he knows every ayat's chapter and verse number.

They guy said that cricket is haram. I don't really take him seriously although I do occasionally watch his lectures on comparative religion. He is good at that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Mashallah Allahumma Inni Asaluka Baby Funny

[video="youtube;wDMQjZn6wEc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDMQjZn6wEc[/video]

Aw, may Allah ta'ala bless, guide and protect the child and the mother.

Original post by Tpos
Suggestion:

You know how "we should know more sahabah than celebrities" and all that? Let's try naming as many sahabah as we can and if you're able to a one or two sentences to say who they are too. And if someone repeats a sahabi's name they have to stop participating for a while then join in later. The purpose is to see how many sahabah we really do know and we can hopefully be encouraged to learn about a few more.

Awesome idea.

Wa 'alaykum assalaam
Thanks janem!! It's nice to speak to you after a while sister :biggrin:.

I'm fine alhamdulilah. How is sixth form? Has you got all your offers?

Aaah Thanks Azizam!! :biggrin:
Sixth form is good alhamdullilah, but its kind of stressful aswell tbh.
Yep I've got 3 offers from Cambridge, Keele and Birmingham.
How is studies? How is college?
Umar RA. 2nd Caliph(Righteous ruler). Actively went around during the night ensuring people would not go hungry.
'Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him)
- the cousin of Rasoolullah صلى الله عليه و سلم , the son of his uncle ('Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him), the teacher, the scholar, the narrator of hadeeth, the mufassir, the humble seeker of knowledge.
Original post by Tpos
Are you doing my suggestion?

It does indeed seem as such :biggrin:
Reply 1513
Original post by ttaylor17
Talha ra one of the ten promised paradise in this world... Dug the Prophets grave... Protected the Prophet in a battle with his body suffering multiple arrow wounds

Original post by ash92:)
'Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (may Allah be pleased with him)
- the cousin of Rasoolullah صلى الله عليه و سلم , the son of his uncle ('Abbas, may Allah be pleased with him), the teacher, the scholar, the narrator of hadeeth, the mufassir, the humble seeker of knowledge.

Original post by R£SP£CT
Umar RA. 2nd Caliph(Righteous ruler). Actively went around during the night ensuring people would not go hungry.

Yay :biggrin:

Maybe like with the quiz we can try to distinguish these posts from the rest? Nothing over the top though like all different colours and stuff...

-

Abdullah ibn Zubayr (ra) son of Asma, grandson of Abu Bakr, nephew of Aisha (ra), first child born of the Muhajiroon. He also played a vital role in passing on knowledge to the wider community as he had the advantage of being able to learn from Aisha (ra) and pass that on.

Cambridge cambridge cambridge mA mA mA.

I got all my offers alhamdulilah

busy busy w/ revision tho :frown:
Original post by ash92:)
Aw, may Allah ta'ala bless, guide and protect the child and the mother.

Ameen!

Wow, that's good. May I ask you what your courses yo have offers from
Cambridge cambridge cambridge mA mA mA.

I got all my offers alhamdulilah

busy busy w/ revision tho :frown:

Good Luck with studies Sis
Khalid ibn Al Waleed... Sword of Allah... Greatest general of like ALL time... Liberator of Iraq, Shaam and God knows what other places...
(edited 9 years ago)

Walaikum assalam! :biggrin:

Hey, nice to see you back. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending