The Student Room Group

No masturbation for a month challenge

Hey fellow TSRers!

From tomorrow I'm undertaking a challenge to not masturbate for a whole month! :/ I know it's going to be super tough but really want to find out if I have the will power to do it!

As it's going to be so tough I wanted to see if anyone else is up for it with me to support through the journey!

Be brave! Haha.

Scroll to see replies

i know ill try for a week maybe, then will find a way to justify "rewarding" myself for my week effort.
then the cycle restarts...
Reply 2
Not a chance your swingers are gonna be huge man. And blue!

Unless this doesn't include sex?

Are there guidelines for this haha
this sounds really easy, it's just basic self-control

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by DanEXERT
Not a chance your swingers are gonna be huge man. And blue!

Unless this doesn't include sex?

Are there guidelines for this haha

Haha yeah probs but going to try and stay strong!

I'd say no sex either as that's kinda cheating :wink: so obviously easier if you're single!
Reply 5
Original post by ThePunkyPunkster
i know ill try for a week maybe, then will find a way to justify "rewarding" myself for my week effort.
then the cycle restarts...

Yeah, see this is why I thought if more people do it maybe more incentive to resist!
Reply 6
Original post by Dan_
...obviously easier if you're single!

True, that would get so frustrating otherwise haha..

Also on medical grounds I think you should keep an eye on yourself, blueballs is a real thing man!
Reply 7
Original post by DanEXERT
True, that would get so frustrating otherwise haha..

Also on medical grounds I think you should keep an eye on yourself, blueballs is a real thing man!

Haha yeah I will be sure to do this! You not up for joining then?!
Oh look, here's our winner.

:itsme:
Reply 9
Original post by Dan_
Haha yeah I will be sure to do this! You not up for joining then?!

Gonna give this one a miss mate, but I will be watching you closely/egging you on. I was gonna say you could do it for charity but I think that might be a bit far.
Reply 10
Best thing to do is stay pre-occupied with something as much as you can really, I hope it works out for you!
****ing difficult. Absolutely no chance. By day 4 I couldn't sleep as I was trying to **** my mattress.

Best of luck lads.
From experience - over a period of around 8 weeks (+/- 1 week) - it gets rather...tricky, to keep going with it after around 2 weeks, but after 3 your body adjusts, and you lose the urges.
In a weird way, it's like detoxing - it gets really bad, but keep going and it gets easier.

Edit: Though, for the benefit of people I have met, and likely will never meet, I shall try this.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Wilfred Little
****ing difficult. Absolutely no chance. By day 4 I couldn't sleep as I was trying to **** my mattress.

Best of luck lads.

Go on dude give it a go! Gonna be hard I know :/ and starts in 45 min arrrggghhhh hahaa!
Reply 14
Original post by The Legal Eagle
From experience - over a period of around 8 weeks (+/- 1 week) - it gets rather...tricky, to keep going with it after around 2 weeks, but after 3 your body adjusts, and you lose the urges.
In a weird way, it's like detoxing - it gets really bad, but keep going and it gets easier.

Edit: Though, for the benefit of people I have met, and likely will never meet, I shall try this.

Awhooo sweet!
Original post by Dan_
Go on dude give it a go! Gonna be hard I know :/ and starts in 45 min arrrggghhhh hahaa!

:eek:

I've already done it mate. More than once. I can do a few days but by the time I'm on day 4/5 I struggle to sleep.
Reply 16
Original post by Wilfred Little
:eek:

I've already done it mate. More than once. I can do a few days but by the time I'm on day 4/5 I struggle to sleep.

Crappp back choice of words! Haha

So the challenge is to go beyond 4/5 days... :tongue:
Original post by Dan_
Hey fellow TSRers!

From tomorrow I'm undertaking a challenge to not masturbate for a whole month! :/ I know it's going to be super tough but really want to find out if I have the will power to do it!

As it's going to be so tough I wanted to see if anyone else is up for it with me to support through the journey!

Be brave! Haha.

I have been doing this for a week and i can officially confirm that your dick falls of and you grow a vagina.
Reply 18
Original post by Lionheart96
I have been doing this for a week and i can officially confirm that your dick falls of and you grow a vagina.

Perfect that's just what I was hoping for to happen....not! :/ hahaa
Original post by Dan_
Perfect that's just what I was hoping for to happen....not! :/ hahaa

haha nah i actually have been doing this for a week, by day 7 your testosterone levels spike to 150% i think, so the urge will be great, after 2/3 weeks your body should adjust.
some people even claim that your productivity increases/ you feel more refreshed after a night's sleep etc... these are all anecdotal of course, personally i haven't really noticed anything, maybe i feel less tired dunno, but i've been getting...weird dreams :P

Quick Reply

Latest