The Student Room Group

WTF does my GF want?

She's so confusing right now!

She said she wanted to take 2 weeks for things to calm down.

After 3 days of not talking, she started a conversation and we got to talk on the phone today. I asked her if she still wanted 2 weeks and she said "I've missed you".

What do I do? ... I know you might think "**** that bisch" but I love her, and I want things to work out!
When she said she wanted two weeks she was mad at something and wanted things to calm down. But she calmed down after 3 days instead so couldn't wait 2 whole weeks because she missed you
More context needed..
Reply 3
Original post by channies
When she said she wanted two weeks she was mad at something and wanted things to calm down. But she calmed down after 3 days instead so couldn't wait 2 whole weeks because she missed you

Right ... so right, what do I do then? I've told her if she wants space I'll give it. I also let her know I was going back to London in 2 weeks and she was like "OK"...
Reply 4
I think its just me but whenever people ask for "2-3 weeks off space" or whatever, I usually don't really see a bright future with them anymore. They're just testing you and making sure they have you by the balls.
Reply 5
Original post by chlobofro
More context needed..

What do you want to know?
Reply 6
Original post by Okster
I think its just me but whenever people ask for "2-3 weeks off space" or whatever, I usually don't really see a bright future with them anymore. They're just testing you and making sure they have you by the balls.

Yeah, and of course this is what everyone does ...
Reply 7
Well yeah, a good relationship only works out if there's good communication. If you come to the point where taking breaks or time off seeing each other is a necessity then why even be with the person? Isn't the whole point of being in a relationship or love is to spend and enjoy the time spent together?

You want to work things out with her - tell her how you think she's giving you mixed signals. Do it face to face rather than on phone or through texts.
Reply 8
Original post by Okster
Well yeah, a good relationship only works out if there's good communication. If you come to the point where taking breaks or time off seeing each other is a necessity then why even be with the person? Isn't the whole point of being in a relationship or love is to spend and enjoy the time spent together?

You want to work things out with her - tell her how you think she's giving you mixed signals. Do it face to face rather than on phone or through texts.

- this was the first time we've taken a break. In fact, every relationship needs a break.

- The break was made by her after an argument. I was incredibly rude to her.

Yes, a relationship should be about that, but who says that hasn't happened in ours??
Reply 9
Have you apologised to her sincerely? Maybe she just wants to feel loved up or she's re-thinking the relationship, to be blunt. I'm no one to judge your relationship but I think rather than defending your relationship here in an online forum, you better go talk to you girl.
Reply 10
dump her
Original post by Okster
Have you apologised to her sincerely? Maybe she just wants to feel loved up or she's re-thinking the relationship, to be blunt. I'm no one to judge your relationship but I think rather than defending your relationship here in an online forum, you better go talk to you girl.

Of course I've apologised. She's asleep now.
Reply 12
Hm, just wait it out then. Pamper her a little when she's awake, make her feel like she the real MVP.
Original post by Okster
Hm, just wait it out then. Pamper her a little when she's awake, make her feel like she the real MVP.

What is this MVP business??
Reply 14
Its a top secret. :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest