The Student Room Group

Favourite TV series?

Looking into watching something new, just smashed out Brooklyn 99 and loved it (might give you an insight to my sense of humour)

Done Game of Thrones, Walking Dead etc

What you got?

Edit: Can this be moved to TV Shows please :indiff:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Drama:
Breaking Bad (if you somehow haven't seen it already)
House of Cards
Black Mirror (psychological, fairly depressing, written by Charlie Brooker)

Comedies:
Black Books
IT Crowd
Spaced
Father Ted
Adventure Time

All are available on Netflix or 4od
Pretty Little Liars is my fave right now! Suits is pretty good too.
Reply 3
I watched the first episode of BB and couldn't get into it. House of Cards is a good shout, a few people have recommended that :smile:

Also Black Books and IT Crowd were amazing.

Spaced has Simon Pegg in it iirc?
Reply 4
Original post by MissLalaxx
Pretty Little Liars is my fave right now! Suits is pretty good too.

Ah my mate watches that and he's hooked!
Original post by DanEXERT
Ah my mate watches that and he's hooked!

Which one PLL or Suits?
Reply 6
Which one PLL or Suits?

Sorry PLL!

I saw some of the adverts for Suits and the guys in it seemed to annoy me for some reason.
Reply 7
How about Prison Break, 24, or Homeland.

Anyone remember Life on Mars?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry PLL!

I saw some of the adverts for Suits and the guys in it seemed to annoy me for some reason.

Yeah it's so good but I keep having nightmares for some reason. I had one about "A" and it tried to attack me. I get so paranoid these days as well. I've watched all 5 seasons in 2 weeks, it's brilliant!:grin: I like Suits but I agree with you there and it all seems a bit unrealistic IMO.
Reply 9
Original post by maxi365
How about Prison Break, 24, or Homeland.

Anyone remember Life on Mars?

Prison Break I smashed in about a week years ago! Intense week that was!

Homeland was amazing but I suddenly dropped it somewhere during the 2nd season for some reason, pretty stressful viewing :|
Reply 10
Yeah it's so good but I keep having nightmares for some reason. I had one about "A" and it tried to attack me. I get so paranoid these days as well. I've watched all 5 seasons in 2 weeks, it's brilliant!:grin:

Wow I'll try to watch for nightmares then haha.. And that's a decent achievement, or extreme procrastination :rolleyes:
Scrubs. I <3 every series except the last one when the new med-interns arrive etc.
Scrubs is also tied with Friends.
Reply 12
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Scrubs. I <3 every series except the last one when the new med-interns arrive etc.
Scrubs is also tied with Friends.

Friends never did anything for me, I think because I didn't really get on with anyone who watched it. Probably saved myself a lot of money by not getting the 400 DVD boxset though :ahee:
Reply 13
The Flash, Arrow and Gotham are pretty good.
If you can make it through the first few episodes on Agents of Shield then it's quite a good series too. If anyone is has been keeping up with the bucket load of Marvel movies lately then Agents of Shield is worth watching. They do tie the two (movies and tv series) together quite nicely.

At the moment I'm really liking Forever, awesome series with Ioan Gruffudd but it can seem repetitive after a while, kind of like House which is its only downfall imo

I'm sure GoT will be mentioned several time xD

Posted from TSR Mobile
Friends never did anything for me, I think because I didn't really get on with anyone who watched it. Probably saved myself a lot of money by not getting the 400 DVD boxset though :ahee:

Why buy a boxset when you have internet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by maxi365
Why buy a boxset when you have internet?

Did you ever try streaming video before broadband was introduced :P

I just mean as it's been going for so long, I think it's too late for me to start on 10+ years of Friends!
Reply 16
Original post by Compact

I'm sure GoT will be mentioned several time xD

Gotham looks cool, when Bruce is a kid? Commissioner Gordon is the main bloke in it right?

And yeah I'm all up to date on GoT :smile: - any news on when the new season's coming out?
Dexter
Supernatural
Lie To Me

My top three

Scrubs for comedy
You haven't lived until you've watched The Wire, best show ever created
Reply 19
Original post by AdamCee
Dexter
Supernatural
Lie To Me

Dexter is awesome, but I've watched too much here and there and seen the ending to really start it now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest