The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Sa'ad bin Abi Waqqas... the cousin of the Prophet's mother Amina, he was the maternal uncle of the Messenger of Allah. He is another sahabi that embraced Islam at the hand of Abu Bakr, and he embraced Islam at the tender of 17.

He was the brave fighter that fought alongside the Prophet sallAllahu alayhi wasalam in all battles, including Uhud where Sa'ad was chosen as one of the best warriors and was designated as one of the archers who stayed on the mountain.

And subhanAllah, he was also the special sahabi for whom the Messenger of Allah salAllahu alayhi wa sallam said "May my mother and father be sacrificed for you" :heart:
Original post by ttaylor17
Wonderful.... Peace to you too....

افشوا السلام واطعموا الطعام وصلوا الارحام وصلوا بالليل والناس نيام تدخلوا الجنة بسلام

Spread peace, feed food, mend relations, pray at night whilst people are sleeping, you will enter paradise with ease...

Pretty sure it's Buhkari... :-D

I thought it would be good to spread some sayings of our Prophet SAW

And this is my favourite... Has a really nice ring to it in Arabic

SubhanAllah that really does have a wonderful ring to it! :biggrin:

My favourite has to be the final hadeeth of Bukhari.. so beautiful.

كلمتان حبيبتان إلي الرحمن خفيفتان علي اللسان ثقيلتان في الميزان سبحان الله و بحمده سبحان الله العظيم

Two expressions which are very dear to Allah, light on the tongue (easy to say) and heavy on the scales (in rewards). The expressions are; All praise and glory is with Allah. All glory to Allah the greatest.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "Worship Allah as if you can see Him, even though you cannot see Him, He can see you." [Muslim]
"What is this world but a dream that a sleeper sees he delights in it for a few moments, and then wakes up to face reality." Hasan al-Basri.
Hazrat Usman ibn Affan (RA) - 3rd caliph of Islam... one of his titles was Al-Ghani (The Generous)... he had a very soft nature... he didn't fight against the rebels as he didn't want to shed Muslim blood so he was killed while reciting the Quran.
Original post by Iqbal007
Assaalam waliakum,

Please check the authenticity of your sources always........something very similar from 2009
http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?211379-The-Holy-Quran-will-be-burned-next-Sat-in-Denmark!

WalaikumAsalaam
Oh Okay Thanks
Go easy on yourself, for all affairs are determined by ALLAH's decree. If something is meant to go elsewhere, it will NEVER come your way, but if it is yours by destiny, from you it CANNOT flee" ['Umar bin al Khattab] (ra)
‎"Seeking the pleasure of people isn an objective that can never be obtained. And there is no way to safety from the tongues of people. So upon you is to adhere to only which benefits you." [Imam Shafi'i]
Abu Musa al Ash'ari radiAllahu anhu, a man who would recite Qur'an in a beautiful voice, and one day the Prophet sallAllahu alayhi wasalam heard and told him that he had been given a voice like that of Dawud.

Thalaba ibn Abdul-Rahman radiAllahu anhu. His story is one of my favourites (it's quite long though so I'll let you guys search for it yourselves). But subhanAllah, this young sahabi died with his head on the Prophet's blessed lap, and his body was washed by the Messenger of Allah himself, and the Messenger of Allah carried his body with his own hands to be buried! Even more amazing, when his body was being taken to be buried, the Prophet sallAllahu alayhi wasalam was seen walking on his tip-toes as if he were in a crowd and when asked why, he responded that it was because the area was packed full of angels.
Julaybeeb radiyAllahu 'anh. He was disliked by many of the Arabs who considered his appearance off-putting, but loved greatly by Rasoolullah صلى الله عليه و سلم , who would not hesitate to embrace him openly in the marketplace, who sought a spouse on his behalf, who called him one of his own and buried him when he was martyred in battle...:cry:
Ibn Al-Qayyim writes in his book Al-Jawab Al-Kafi:

Among the punishments for sins is that blessings will be removed and vengeance will be warranted. The servant will not have a blessing removed unless he commits a sin, and vengeance against him will be unwarranted unless he commits a sin. It is as Ali ibn Abi Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, said:

مَا نَزَلْ بَلَاءٌ إِلَّا بِذَنْبٍ وَلَا رُفِعَ إِلَّا بِتَوْبَةٍ

A trial is not sent down except due to a sin, and it is not lifted except with repentance.

And as Allah the Exalted said:
وَمَا أَصَابَكُم مِّن مُّصِيبَةٍ فَبِمَا كَسَبَتْ أَيْدِيكُمْ وَيَعْفُو عَن كَثِيرٍ

Whatever disaster strikes you is for what your hands have earned, yet He pardons much.
Surah Ash-Shura 42:30

And Allah said:
ذَٰلِكَ بِأَنَّ اللَّهَ لَمْ يَكُ مُغَيِّرًا نِّعْمَةً أَنْعَمَهَا عَلَىٰ قَوْمٍ حَتَّىٰ يُغَيِّرُوا مَا بِأَنفُسِهِمْ

That is because Allah will not change a favor which He had bestowed upon a people until they change what is within themselves.
Surah Al-Anfal 8:53

Thus, Allah informed us that He will not change a blessing which He has bestowed upon someone until he changes what is in himself. So if he changes the obedience of Allah into disobedience, thankfulness into ingratitude, means of pleasure into means of disdain, such as he changes will it be changed against him, a fitting recompense, and your Lord does no wrong to His servants.

Yet, if he changes disobedience into obedience, then Allah will replace his punishment with well-being and his humiliation with honor.
Allah said:

إِنَّ اللَّهَ لَا يُغَيِّرُ مَا بِقَوْمٍ حَتَّىٰ يُغَيِّرُوا مَا بِأَنفُسِهِمْ وَإِذَا أَرَادَ اللَّهُ بِقَوْمٍ سُوءًا فَلَا مَرَدَّ لَهُ وَمَا لَهُم مِّن دُونِهِ مِن وَالٍ

Verily, Allah will not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves. When Allah intends misfortune for a people, there is no repelling it and there is not besides Him any patron for them.
Surah Ar-Ra’d 13:11

And in some of the divine books it is written, “The Lord the Exalted said: By my honor and majesty, a servant among my servants is not upon what I love and then he moves toward what I dislike except that I will move him from what he loves to what he dislikes. A servant among my servants is not upon what I dislike and moves toward what I love except that I will move him from what he dislikes to what he loves.”

[Al-Jawab Al-Kafi 1/74]
Reply 1551
Julaybeeb (ra) - an outcast because he was ugly (feels so wrong to write that about a sahabi). The prophet saw however made him his friend and eventually got a proposal for him with the prettiest girl. But he was martyred in battle on the night of his nikah.

"After that battle the Prophet of Allah (saw), asked the Sahaba to go and to see if anyone was missing from their family's and clans. Each one returned accounting for all his family members. Then the Prophet (saw) spoke with tears in his eyes he said " But I have lost my Beloved Julaybib go and find him." They found his diminutive body lying next to seven Kuffar he had slain in the battle.

The Prophet of Allah (saw) asked for a grave to be dug, as the Prophet of Allah (saw) held the body of Julaybib(ra) he said. "O' Allah he is from me and I am From Him", he repeated this three times. The companions wept profusely " May our Mothers and Fathers be sacrificed for you O' Julaybib, how great is your status."
Original post by Tpos
Julaybeeb (ra) - an outcast because he was ugly (feels so wrong to write that about a sahabi). The prophet saw however made him his friend and eventually got a proposal for him with the prettiest girl. But he was martyred in battle on the night of his nikah.

"After that battle the Prophet of Allah (saw), asked the Sahaba to go and to see if anyone was missing from their family's and clans. Each one returned accounting for all his family members. Then the Prophet (saw) spoke with tears in his eyes he said " But I have lost my Beloved Julaybib go and find him." They found his diminutive body lying next to seven Kuffar he had slain in the battle.

The Prophet of Allah (saw) asked for a grave to be dug, as the Prophet of Allah (saw) held the body of Julaybib(ra) he said. "O' Allah he is from me and I am From Him", he repeated this three times. The companions wept profusely " May our Mothers and Fathers be sacrificed for you O' Julaybib, how great is your status."

Thanks for your post but Ash mentioned him first. :wink:
Reply 1554
Nooo, I'm the first to be penalised according to my own rule. How long do I stop contributing to this? Lol

Original post by ash92:)
Julaybeeb radiyAllahu 'anh. He was disliked by many of the Arabs who considered his appearance off-putting, but loved greatly by Rasoolullah صلى الله عليه و سلم , who would not hesitate to embrace him openly in the marketplace, who sought a spouse on his behalf, who called him one of his own and buried him when he was martyred in battle...:cry:
Original post by Tpos
Nooo, I'm the first to be penalised according to my own rule. How long do I stop contributing to this? Lol

Loool, maybe 5 Companions later or something. :tongue:
Reply 1557
Original post by Incredible97

Is this an actual hadith
The story of Sa'eed ibn Amir al Jumahi:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/articles/138410/saeed-ibn-aamir-al-jumahi

Coincidentally, I only just found out this sahabi today, from my mum ^-^

Latest

Trending

Trending