The Student Room Group

Favourite TV series?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DanEXERT
I watched the first episode of BB and couldn't get into it. House of Cards is a good shout, a few people have recommended that :smile:

Also Black Books and IT Crowd were amazing.

Spaced has Simon Pegg in it iirc?

Watch the first 7 episodes of BB then you'll love it and it gets much better
Original post by AdamCee
Dexter
Supernatural
Lie To Me

My top three

Scrubs for comedy

After season 4 Dexter got worse

Op recommend BB, prison break, orange is the new black, arrow
Original post by bittr n swt

Yeah, breaking bad (as with most tv series in my opinion) takes a few episodes to kick in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed, but I still thought it was a great series

To be honest I think I'm one of the only people that really enjoyed the ending.
(spoiler for those watching. Don't open.)

Spoiler

Original post by AdamCee
Agreed, but I still thought it was a great series

To be honest I think I'm one of the only people that really enjoyed the ending.
(spoiler for those watching. Don't open.)

Spoiler

Fair enough yeah it was a great series overall but the ending imo was unfulfilling
Is no one talking about 24?! I think its the best!!! Possibly better than breaking bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Twin Peaks

and the US office
Original post by maxi365
Is no one talking about 24?! I think its the best!!! Possibly better than breaking bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard it gets worse after season 4 and ending is confusing. It's why I haven't watched it
Reply 27

Alright I'll give it a go! Ah yes, still waiting on the next season of Orange to come out, unless it's out already? I've pretty much been living under a rock lately :rolleyes:
I heard it gets worse after season 4 and ending is confusing. It's why I haven't watched it

Let me break it down for you. There's 9 series in total and each series is 24 hours (so it has 24 episodes, one for every hour).

Each series is different as the protagonist (Jack Bauer) needs to stop a different terrorist from killing people. Along the way there are some very good plot twists and i just love the show.

I think people say it gets worse as it progresses is because the structure of each series is similar and so maybe some people find it repetitive. But in that case, Prison Break is also repetitive ad they are constantly on the run each season.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Attack on Titan
Lost
Game of Thrones
Dexter
Naruto
The Simpsons
South Park
Futurama
Spongebob
Reply 30
Original post by maxi365
Let me break it down for you. There's 9 series in total and each series is 24 hours (so it has 24 episodes, one for every hour).

I find this idea incredibly draining for some reason, because series' don't usually have such a 'present' sense of time. Does it not mess with your head that you've watched an entire season and only a day has passed?
I find this idea incredibly draining for some reason, because series' don't usually have such a 'present' sense of time. Does it not mess with your head that you've watched an entire season and only a day has passed?

season 9 only has 12 episodes, the thrill of the show is that a **** ton of action and good story happens throughout the day
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by hman1994
season 9 only has 12 episodes, the thrill of the show is that a **** ton of action and good story happens throughout the day

That's a good way to look at it, thanks. I have become more interested in Kiefer Sutherland after he started the voiceovers for MGS :colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
Alright I'll give it a go! Ah yes, still waiting on the next season of Orange to come out, unless it's out already? I've pretty much been living under a rock lately :rolleyes:

Out in Feb I think not entirely sure myself but it's deffo not out yet.
Original post by maxi365

Each series is different as the protagonist (Jack Bauer) needs to stop a different terrorist from killing people. Along the way there are some very good plot twists and i just love the show.

I think people say it gets worse as it progresses is because the structure of each series is similar and so maybe some people find it repetitive. But in that case, Prison Break is also repetitive ad they are constantly on the run each season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hnmm ok I might give it a proper go. Watched the first episode but ended it 30mins in as I got bored.
Out in Feb I think not entirely sure myself but it's deffo not out yet.

Hnmm ok I might give it a proper go. Watched the first episode but ended it 30mins in as I got bored.

Trust me watch it you won't be disappointed. It's one of them shows where the ending of each episode always is a cliffhanger.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stargate SG1
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek - The Original Series
Star Trek - The Next Generation
Grey's Anatomy
Weeds
Still Game
Family Guy
Father Ted
Gimme Gimme Gimme
Breaking Bad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
The Wire, Oz, True Detective, Rome, Mob City, Top Boy, Low Winter Sun...
Friends
Scrubs (Just put it on Netflix so watching it all again, if you havent seen it you're missing out)
Pretty Little Liars (fantastic early seasons, gets worse as you go along though, but still good and on Netflix they post the new episode the same time that they come in America. And I've heard it's better when you binge watch it, whereas I've watched it from the beginning so have had too much time to think about the billions of loop holes :L)
Suits
Gossip Girl
Gavin and Stacey
Criminal Minds, Sleepy Hollow and Hannibal!
Original post by MissLalaxx
Pretty Little Liars is my fave right now

Was looking for something to watch and just randomly went with this after seeing this post :tongue:

4 episodes later and I'm hooked. Also, there is something about Spencer Hastings... Maynz crushin hard.

Quick Reply

Latest