The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scriberg
anyone got actuarial offers?

Im also waiting on an actuarial offer! when did you apply?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ellenodoc222
Im also waiting on an actuarial offer! when did you apply?

mid november haha wby?
Original post by scriberg
mid november haha wby?

Same here, feels like ive been waiting forever.. haha
I have come to the conclusion that LSE tutors are a bunch of smug human beings who love the tension they cause amongst us. I bet they have read everyones application and are just.... waiting around, increasing the anxiety for us. They are building it up and at once they will release all the rejections. They love it. Some kind of strange, inhumane fetish. Well thats my opinion. Kindly share yours.
Original post by daalchaval
I have come to the conclusion that LSE tutors are a bunch of smug human beings who love the tension they cause amongst us. I bet they have read everyones application and are just.... waiting around, increasing the anxiety for us. They are building it up and at once they will release all the rejections. They love it. Some kind of strange, inhumane fetish. Well thats my opinion. Kindly share yours.

They probably read this thread haha
hope not :wink:
another 4 week email as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2467
Original post by infinity5
Thank you!That's for sure,fingers are crossed since summer. So I noticed you said something about applying to 2 courses at LSE..which one do you really prefer ?

I personally prefer maths and economics as economics is more in my field of interest. But tbh, an offer from either course would be my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Saab.L
I personally prefer maths and economics as economics is more in my field of interest. But tbh, an offer from either course would be my firm choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice. They are both great choices! It just seems that BMS doesn't get so many applications in respect to other courses at LSE
Getting very good in typing with crossed fingers ....
Reply 2470
Original post by infinity5
Nice. They are both great choices! It just seems that BMS doesn't get so many applications in respect to other courses at LSE

It's a very specialized course :smile:
What other unis and courses have you applied for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Which careers service would help me more with getting into investment banking: UCL or LSE.
Original post by nayilgervinho
Which careers service would help me more with getting into investment banking: UCL or LSE.

Both are good, but this is something that would not depend on the Career Service people.

You shouldn't be judging based on that as essentially it'll be YOU that helps YOU get into IB.

I will say any student at any London university can join the UCL societies (yes, seriously). So as an LSE student you can use the UCL Econ and Finance society but as a UCL student you can't join LSE ones..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kim1410
LSE is my firm (if they give me offers haha). It is such a long wait.. I applied in October but still they are making no decisions :frown:

Dont worry they can take really long to reply, at least in my case :s-smilie:
It took about 3 months!
Hi

Has anyone heard on the application for the MSc in Development Studies Course at LSE?

Thanks
Pankhuri
India

Lol. Honestly, the careers service did nothing for any of us getting into IB when I was at UCL last year. They're not necessary; getting into IB is all about the individual.

Choose which uni you want to go to based on the quality and suitability of their course.

LSE and UCL are ranked first and second respectively for Investment banking in the UK in the recent LinkedIn tables. Both are top universities for getting into IB and you can't go wrong with either one. Have to say LSE is regarded as the big daddy of the finance world in the UK though.

A family member of mine received a masters in finance from London Business school and his wife got a MBA from Cambridge and they were telling me how LSE is more well regarded than even Oxbridge for finance/IB.
Hi

Has anybody received a decision on their application for the MSc in Development Studies course?

Thanks
Pankhuri
India
Original post by Rafael_96
LSE and UCL are ranked first and second respectively for Investment banking in the UK in the recent LinkedIn tables. Both are top universities for getting into IB and you can't go wrong with either one. Have to say LSE is regarded as the big daddy of the finance world in the UK though.

A family member of mine received a masters in finance from London Business school and his wife got a MBA from Cambridge and they were telling me how LSE is more well regarded than even Oxbridge for finance/IB.

Really, you don't say. Perhaps, LBS and Judge are more regarded for Consulting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending